(Topic ID: 213504)

What is the best solder station available these days?

By Mad_Dog_Coin_Op

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_dog_coin_op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Back when I was a young man I worked on an Air Force base as a technician. That is where I learned to solder. The equipment was state of the art but 20 years old (just like everything else in the military including me). I have a basic Weller now but I want something higher end with foot peddles. Can anybody give me a good recommendation.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks but I was looking for something with the foot pedal controls for desolder. Makes life much easier.

#7 5 years ago

I guess I'm looking for something more high end. What I have been offered so far are fairly inexpensive units. I'm looking for a nice setup that isn't made is some questionable country. Foot pedals are the best plus that is what I'm used to. Dropping 1000 plus on a good unit doesn't seem like waste. I have over 40 games in my collection when you factor in my arcades.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pball:

We recently switched from Metcal to JBC soldier stations at work. I sill use metcal at home, but the DR560-A is a really nice desoldering iron.
    http://www.jbctools.com/dr560-a-desoldering-iron-product-82.html

Now this looks good and I see an option for foot pedals. I think I like it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mad_dog_coin_op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-solder-station-available-these-days?tu=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.