(Topic ID: 14805)

What is the best simultaneous 2 player pinball game?

By Whysnow

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Shadow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

The only one I have ever seen is Joust. Are there others?

What are they and which is the best?

#2 12 years ago

There is an EM one with a soccer or sports theme, I forget what it's called.

#3 12 years ago

Those two are the more known ones (I believe both are at PHOF).

this is the complete list of head-to-head pinball:
    http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=head-to-head&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Then of course, there's the custom 3-way jungle lord:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/check-out-this-3-way-jungle-lord

#4 12 years ago

thanks.

That junglelord is crazy.

#5 12 years ago

You could get 2 NBAFB n link them.

#6 12 years ago

Does Slugfest count (pitch and bat)?

#7 12 years ago

Total Recall *would* have been the best!

#8 12 years ago

Challenger is FUN. Takes up about as much space as a shuffle alley is the only complaint I have with it.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from pindevil:

Total Recall *would* have been the best!

+1 Should have been made.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What are they and which is the best?

Viza War... You want one? I know of I think four in the area, including my own. Not exactly sure if I want to part with mine, it makes a nice drink spot for parties.

For opinions, I personally don't like how Joust plays. I know two people with them, and I just don't care about the machine one way or another.

Viza War is cool, but the scoring absolutely sucks. When a single shot on the playfield is worth the same as the opposing player drain the ball, the balance is wacky. I think the layout is fun and the game is surprisingly fun, but that sucks. In single player (a really important thing to have on these, as otherwise you always have to have someone to play), Viza War also scores both sides separately, making it pointless. I only play mine by counting how many times the ball goes into the other player's drain, in which case it becomes a really fun machine.

I'll also note that my War has really weird internals that are not what they look like on IPDB at all, so it may be that I have some wonky prototype and the real game was fixed, in which case I would actually think it is pretty cool.

Head to head NBA Fastbreak is really awesome, but it isn't where you can switch balls playfield to playfield.

I have also played a Challenger game that actually tilts the playfield back and forth while you play. It makes you feel really crazy when you play, as when you are focused and the playfield starts changing it feels like you're slowly falling or something. That's a very cool game, and of the bunch where you are playing on the same machine, I would have to say it would be my favorite.

#11 12 years ago

I think we need a new 2 player game utilizing the new in PF LCD screen tracking technology.

Something as simple as switches changing the color that the ball tracks on the in PF screen and then scoring points based on hitting certain shots. A round starts with 2 balls and ends when the screen is completely covered (from balls tracking over it).

Just an idea...

It seems like the perfect technology to utilize in a simple ruleset 2 player game.

#12 12 years ago

Challenger is FUN. Takes up about as much space as a shuffle alley is the only complaint I have with it.

Korn is spot on. Played this at PHOF -- really, really liked it. I want one! That and an Impacto...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-simultaneous-2-player-pinball-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.