1%
  • Rocky Balboa 0 votes

(126 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aa1.jpg
Movie_Backglass.jpg
images.jpeg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Getting away from pinball for a few days. Always curious what people think for my small business market research firm.

#3 11 years ago

Here is what I have...best to worst:

Rocky 4
Rocky 3
Rocky 2
Rocky Balboa
Rocky
Rocky 5

Give me a couple of days before someone does the Rambo poll. I still haven't watched the last one.

Best training montage ever!

#4 11 years ago

For me, it is #3. "Get up you son of a b-tch, cuz Mickey loves ya!"

#5 11 years ago

Wouldnt mind a re-release of a Rocky pin...

#6 11 years ago

Mr. T says Rocky III Fool! images.jpegimages.jpeg

#7 11 years ago

Trick question. There's no such thing as a good rocky film.

#8 11 years ago

I love them all but hey i am from the neighborhood so i gots to love them right a yoooooo.

But really 3 and 4 are prob my favorite. I have not been home in years did they move the statue to the new spectrum?

This thread makes me want to go to Geno's and hey when i am done there i wanna walk across the street to Pats for a Wiz Wit

#9 11 years ago

I can't believe anybody would pick anything other than the first movie which I think is the best by far.

#10 11 years ago

Rocky 1 is the best film. He lays the ground work for that character with no happy fairy tale ending he loses. 4 and 3 have the best training montage but the film all around is 1. It has such a great story not just I got beat I'm gunna train I win. It goes deeper than that.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Mr. T says Rocky III Fool!

"This guy'll kill you to death!"

What does that even Mean?!

#12 11 years ago

Rocky 1 & 2 are the best..they kinda go together. Very different as the other ones get a little more "entertaining" than story telling.

I love 3 for the fun factor, clubber lang etc.....

The Rocky 4 training scenes for the battle with Drago are Epic as is the match.

5 sucked

Rocky Balboa was a good movie I enjoyed it.

#13 11 years ago

Best Rocky film?The one with Bullwinkle

#14 11 years ago

(Rocky Horror)

#15 11 years ago

Got to say 4 was the best in my opinion. Interesting how at the end Rocky was saying how if he could change, everybody could change. Seems that relationships with Russia really have changed alot since that movie.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Comming from T....it makes sense fool. Or does T have to knock some into you....

#17 11 years ago

I will break you

#18 11 years ago

I'm more of a 1 - 3 and done kinda guy.

Everything else was a repeat.

-Al-

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Rocky 1 & 2 are the best..they kinda go together. Very different as the other ones get a little more "entertaining" than story telling.

I love 3 for the fun factor, clubber lang etc.....

The Rocky 4 training scenes for the battle with Drago are Epic as is the match.

5 sucked

Rocky Balboa was a good movie I enjoyed it.

I agree with all of this. The first two movies may not be as "fun" as 3 and 4, but they are better films with a lot of drama and great character development. Rocky 5 did indeed suck. Rocky Balboa, on the other hand, was surprisingly good.

#20 11 years ago

Waddawe waitin fur!!??

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I love them all but hey i am from the neighborhood so i gots to love them right a yoooooo.
But really 3 and 4 are prob my favorite. I have not been home in years did they move the statue to the new spectrum?
This thread makes me want to go to Geno's and hey when i am done there i wanna walk across the street to Pats for a Wiz Wit

AZ:

Yo! Forget Genos and just get two at Pats- muchroom, peppa, pizza wit. what part of philly you from? where did you go to HS?

Quoted from Deadlander:

mrSATURN2012 said:

Comming from T....it makes sense fool. Or does T have to knock some into you....

Guessing that quote was from Mickey (Burgess Merideth), not Mr. T.

Dan

#21 11 years ago

Ive seen all many, many times. Rocky 2 is by far the best. The whole Adrian/coma thing and her waking up to inspire Rocky to train and win is one of the best clips in movie history. I cannot watch that hospital scene without tearing up and getting goosebumps.

Adrian: There's one thing I want you to do for me..
Rocky: what's dat..
Adrian: Win! ... WIN!

Mick: Whadda we waitin' fo?!!

Cue the music.

UNREAL SCENE.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Yo! Forget Genos and just get two at Pats- muchroom, peppa, pizza wit.

Ah, so that's where your screen name comes from. Cheese Whiz!!!

#23 11 years ago

Rocky! Nice writing, great acting. The best one without a doubt.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Yo! Forget Genos and just get two at Pats- muchroom, peppa, pizza wit. what part of philly you from? where did you go to HS?

Newcastle De, Willam Penn Prison i mean High school. 20 minutes over the bridge from Philly. I could see 3 mile island from my house. So i got the food from Philly and the stank that comes from NJ......that has multiple meanings too.(Women, Bud, Two Bit thugs)

Lived in Old Newcastle for most of my life. Loved it near the harbor. Pea Patch Island was just down the street. I Lived real close to rte 9

#25 11 years ago

Got to go with the original. You would never have 5 other Rocky films without this classic.

#26 11 years ago

First one best film for sure. 3 prob the most watchable.

By the 4th one, which is a classic, the 'Rocky Rule of Montages' becomes a little much. 4th movie, 4 montages...gets crazy. I actually didn't mind 5 that much.

#27 11 years ago

They are all really great...I have them on DVD...will go watch now Like I said though you cant beat 1/2 combo. Great films that can be enjoyed by a woman as well for the love story drama. 3/4 may be more enjoyable for the male watcher.

#28 11 years ago

4 hands down

#29 11 years ago

Yes, the first one is the better movie, I know that. But if I would have the choice I would watch number 3 again, so I vote for "The eye of the tiger".

#30 11 years ago

rocky 5 was the best. actually had the most indepth story and character development out of all the rocky movies.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

rocky 5 was the best. actually had the most indepth story and character development out of all the rocky movies.

Actually not joking. I think 5 did have some good writing and the characters were fairly in depth and the story was somewhat compelling.

I know it gets blasted and I'm not saying it's an Academy Award Winner, but I can see your point.

#32 11 years ago

The original was the best. 2 was good too and 3 had some good stuff. After those it just got silly.

#33 11 years ago

The original Rocky was and is a masterpiece of low budget movie-making. If you haven't seen the directors cut (I'm sure you all have) you need to. The intro scene is the best ever, and the extras on disc two are pretty fun.

I like all the movies, I'm a sucker for a good sports/conquer all odds type movie so Rocky is a shoe-in. I though Rocky Balboa was good too, he tied up both the Rocky and Rambo characters quite well in my opinion.

I also really like Million Dollar Baby, Gladiator (the boxing movie with Cuba Gooding Jr.), and Cinderella Man. There's a moment in Gladiator where Robert Loggia (Pappy Jack) is talking to the main character and laughs such an evil/manipulative laugh, it's a classic moment.

#34 11 years ago

3 hands down, Even Hulk Hogan was perfect, but Mr T. was the man:

Clubber Lang: [Calling to Adrian; Smooth talks] Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man.

#35 11 years ago

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 5 MINUTES GOING BACK AND FORTH AND I CANNOT MAKE UP MY MIND!!! THIS IS AN IMPOSSIBLE QUESTION TO ANSWER!!!!! IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!!!! I LOVE ALL OF THE MOVIES EXCEPT FOR 5.

Sorry about the caps guys, my mind went on overload trying to decide..........................

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Actually not joking. I think 5 did have some good writing and the characters were fairly in depth and the story was somewhat compelling.
I know it gets blasted and I'm not saying it's an Academy Award Winner, but I can see your point.

The fight scene at the end of 5 was great the way rock added street fighting into the mix. The two best quotes "my ring is outside" and "get up get up you son of a bitch cuz Mickey loves ya".
As far as being Oscar worthy I'll tell you which Rocky won 3 oscars and on a budget under a million......

#37 11 years ago

1, then 3 simply because Mr.T was so bad ass in it.

#38 11 years ago

I'll pick #3 because that one has a pinball in it that Pauly busts up with a bottle. Movie_Backglass.jpgMovie_Backglass.jpg
This glass is from the movie, not the actual game, the game glass is different.

#39 11 years ago

Rocky 2, but 1 and 3 are close seconds. I mean come on, he was chasing chickens in the 2nd movie. I refer to that scene in my everyday life whenever I have to motivate someone. Chickens are my third favorite thing in any movie next to monkeys and "little people".

#40 11 years ago

I like 'em all.

III has always been my favorite.

#43 11 years ago

# IV

Best montage ever

Best line ever.

"If he dies, he dies"

- Drago

#44 11 years ago

1,2,4,RB,3,5.

Rocky is top 10 for me.

Rocky 5 is bottom 10. It's just plain awful.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I worked in Philly a couple years ago(film production) and one of the local teamsters drove me to that corner and had me buy one from each place. Maybe the greatest culinary day of my life.

#46 11 years ago

Go Rocky!! Go!!!

#47 11 years ago

The question is "which is the best", which is different than "what is your favorite"

My favorite for sure is 4. I still work out to that sound track, nothing can get you more pumped than the training music. But I don't think 4 is high art so I couldn't call it the best.

#48 11 years ago

I love 3 with Mr T and Hulk Hogan

#49 11 years ago

The best part of 4 is that he's gotta go back to the mindset he had in 1, and find a way to get there.

#50 11 years ago

Rocky III

Rocky Balboa: Nobody owes nobody nothin'. You owe yourself.
Paulie: You're wrong! Friends owe!
Rocky Balboa: Friends don't owe! They do because the wanna do.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-rocky-film and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.