New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 97534)

what is the best power replacement board?

By NickRocco

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hootowls
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0004.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I just picked yp a Williams Flash and I need to replace the powrr supply board. I have used Rottendog in the past put it looks like there are a few new players in town.
Rottendog
Pinballpcb
Xpin

Does anybody have any experience with these different boards? Can anyone make a recommendation?
Please let me know.

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from NickRocco:

I just picked yp a Williams Flash and I need to replace the powrr supply board. I have used Rottendog in the past put it looks like there are a few new players in town.
Rottendog
Pinballpcb
Xpin
Does anybody have any experience with these different boards? Can anyone make a recommendation?
Please let me know.
Thanks!

I've had a Pinscore in my Taxi for a long time and it works great.
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/pinscore-power-supply-for-williams-system-11a-11b-p-3150.html?language=english

You'd need this model for Flash:
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/pinscore-power-supply-for-williams-system-p-3149.html?language=english

#3 6 years ago

Just bought a pinballpcb PS board for my Pinbot. Very happy...high quality board. Shipping was quick and Jeff responds to questions if any pop up during install.

#4 6 years ago

I'll second the boards that pinballpcb sells. they're top notch quality and slightly thicker than the original bally/williams ones to help prevent any warping issues from heat.

#5 6 years ago

I've used both rottendog and pinscore boards...both are great.

#6 6 years ago

I only recommend xpin or pinballpcb, of all the brands out there right now.

#7 6 years ago

I don't have lots of experience, but a pinballpcb (for system 11) felt really sturdy. I also once purchased a rottendog (for WPC). It did feel a bit lighter, but it worked. I think they are probably all fine products.

I'm rather amazed there are so many awesome options.

#8 6 years ago

I used a Pinscore Jolt in my WW that's worked out great. No high voltage section as my machine has an LCD display.

IMG_0004.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, SC
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside