• Bk2000 35 votes
    29%
  • Bk sor pro 21 votes
    18%
  • Bk sor prem 14 votes
    12%
  • Bk sor limited 18 votes
    15%

(Multiple choice - 119 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BK v BK2K v BK3 Prem v BK3 Pro (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DF9148EB-A3FA-4C47-9389-6ECA93527199 (resized).jpeg
0ED511DE-497F-4105-AC82-0EFC52F8BD8A (resized).jpeg
A1B3EFB8-B93C-44C4-99C0-BAA002476ADF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

I like them all. But I went with the LE in this poll for the same reasons I bought the LE. BK and BK2000 are great games for what they are and still stand up well in 2019, but obviously the Stern is the next level in the evolution. The Pro has no upper playfield, so the choice was of Premium or LE for better game play. I went with the LE for a lot of reasons including the HD glass, Mirrored back-glass, speakers, shaker and the rest of the list of items. The biggest single reason I went with the LE over the premium is the cabinet art. Something about the huge blood splatter on the Premium cabinet doesn't do it for me. Even without the splatter, I like the LE art more.

I'm having a great time playing the LE and really love the rules, modes and throwback modes. The LCD animations are awesome and so the sound with the incredible original guitar music that Stern contracted out. The music in this game never gets old and the call-outs are great too. The game is fast and wild and it kicks my ass. The black knight toy with the flail and shield are great and the 6-ball multiball is accessible even to a mediocre player like me from time to time. Nothing gets the heart beating more except maybe the hyperspace MB on Star Wars. The playfield art and RGB lighting are stunning. In short, I love this game.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The original BK and BK2K uppers were complex

Apples to oranges. The originals didn't have anything below the upper playfield. Put another way the originals had a split level playfield rather than a full playfield like BKSOR with an upper playfield too. Add the inlanes, pop bumpers, full orbit, VUK, etc to the BKSOR. BKSOR pro is still a playable game. Take away the upper playfield from the original two and it would be kind of goofy to say the least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-of-the-3-black-knights-?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.