• Bk2000 35 votes
    29%
  • Bk sor pro 21 votes
    18%
  • Bk sor prem 14 votes
    12%
  • Bk sor limited 18 votes
    15%

(Multiple choice - 119 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BK v BK2K v BK3 Prem v BK3 Pro (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DF9148EB-A3FA-4C47-9389-6ECA93527199 (resized).jpeg
0ED511DE-497F-4105-AC82-0EFC52F8BD8A (resized).jpeg
A1B3EFB8-B93C-44C4-99C0-BAA002476ADF (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

I just got my Bk sor premium and only have 10 games on it and I love it .Feels like it’s a modern system 11 .

I now have all 3 Bk machines.

I disagree with the reviews that say you don’t need the upper playfield I think it’s not a Bk with out it. I also think the magnet is perfect and I like it magnet button where it is .

But I making this post to learn what you all think.

Of the 3 games and the the 3 versions of the new one , What do you this is the best and why.

I’m not gonna include Bk limited became it’s just a re make of the same game ..but if you think I’m wrong please tell ..

I hear to learn not just get you all upset
0ED511DE-497F-4105-AC82-0EFC52F8BD8A (resized).jpeg0ED511DE-497F-4105-AC82-0EFC52F8BD8A (resized).jpegA1B3EFB8-B93C-44C4-99C0-BAA002476ADF (resized).jpegA1B3EFB8-B93C-44C4-99C0-BAA002476ADF (resized).jpegDF9148EB-A3FA-4C47-9389-6ECA93527199 (resized).jpegDF9148EB-A3FA-4C47-9389-6ECA93527199 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

I’ve played all 3 quite a bit. The new BK is probably the best, but I love BK2K mainly based on nostalgia

#3 4 years ago

Can't stand the first 2 but the new ones not bad as long as it's a pro.like most upper pf's I find it takes away from the game and with a whopping 2 things to do up there the premium is a joke.

#4 4 years ago

I take that back the new physical enhancement changes everything

#5 4 years ago

Why would you put the SOF premium and LE in different brackets when they are the same game?? In fact you use that very reason for not including BK Limited??? Maybe get some coffee and try this again?

#6 4 years ago

Enjoyed the OG, couldn't stand the music/callouts of BK2000 but it was fun to shoot and for me BK3 pro is now my favortie pinball of all time. SO yeah BK3 pro got my vote.

#7 4 years ago

This one.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 4 years ago

I like them all. But I went with the LE in this poll for the same reasons I bought the LE. BK and BK2000 are great games for what they are and still stand up well in 2019, but obviously the Stern is the next level in the evolution. The Pro has no upper playfield, so the choice was of Premium or LE for better game play. I went with the LE for a lot of reasons including the HD glass, Mirrored back-glass, speakers, shaker and the rest of the list of items. The biggest single reason I went with the LE over the premium is the cabinet art. Something about the huge blood splatter on the Premium cabinet doesn't do it for me. Even without the splatter, I like the LE art more.

I'm having a great time playing the LE and really love the rules, modes and throwback modes. The LCD animations are awesome and so the sound with the incredible original guitar music that Stern contracted out. The music in this game never gets old and the call-outs are great too. The game is fast and wild and it kicks my ass. The black knight toy with the flail and shield are great and the 6-ball multiball is accessible even to a mediocre player like me from time to time. Nothing gets the heart beating more except maybe the hyperspace MB on Star Wars. The playfield art and RGB lighting are stunning. In short, I love this game.

#9 4 years ago

Bk3 should be get 1 category in the poll. Giving it 3 totally skews the poll.

#10 4 years ago

BK SOR pro for me and the original BK would be second for me. I really dislike BK2000 as a good player that game is boring and can play for hours. Same thing with BK sor LE/Premium me and my buddy have been putting up over a billion on that consistantly grinding out points just shooting the left saucer to feed the upper PF over and over.

#11 4 years ago

Probably OG...can;t stand BK2000

#12 4 years ago

I think im in the minority, but I love BK pro....and will pick one up soon. I dont think im missing much by not having the upper pf. I also have bk2k, so they will compliment each other well.....

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably OG...can;t stand BK2000

Gdamnit man....think Im team drfrightener now.....

#14 4 years ago

I absolutely hate BK3 Pro. Bores me to tears. No code can save this game.

#15 4 years ago

These are ranked in my head as BKSORLE (best art package) > BKSOR prem (best value) > BK (most innovative) > BK2K (most snappy music). Only one I haven’t played extensively so can’t rank is BKSoR pro (most likely to die a single playfield game). I feel it won’t fall higher than BKSOR prem, so voted LE.

#16 4 years ago

Based on the poll the thread should be called “what is the best of the 5 black knights”

#17 4 years ago

I prefer the original 1980 one. It has the best upper playfield and in 1980 this game was way ahead of other games at the time.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Why would you put the SOF premium and LE in different brackets when they are the same game?? In fact you use that very reason for not including BK Limited??? Maybe get some coffee and try this again?

I disagree the le and the premium are not the same game at all the art package is not the same ..there is absolutely no difference at all in the two Bk games it was simply a re release ..there is just a sticker saying it’s a re release .. I may need coffee but you need anger management brother

#19 4 years ago

original. cant stand blaring rock music honestly. hearing just background sound and game sounds as the original has is fine with me.

#20 4 years ago

BK2K ALL DAY.

Although if someone offered me a LE/premium, I’d probably accept it.

#21 4 years ago

There’s actually 6 black knights.

Please add the original 1981 BK LE to the poll. Thanks!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

original. cant stand blaring rock music honestly. hearing just background sound and game sounds as the original has is fine with me.

Seriously?!

If there’s a sound effect more obnoxious in pinball than the constant drop target bloops on the original BK I’m not sure I’ve found it.

Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!!!

#23 4 years ago

I'll bite.

If you can use your imagination for a moment, and set aside the nifty graphics and music, and just consider the layouts:

While the "branding" was clearly BK that we set aside -- if you put all three unbranded whitewoods side by side, you would be sure that this new Stern, is not even in the BK family.

The original BK and BK2K uppers were complex, and had 7-8 things to do. The uppers were the reason to play. Not in the Stern version. It's not even close. 3 to 0 things to do.

I'm a drop target guy as well, so for me it's easy: 12 v 6 v 3:

BK > BK2K > BK3

-mof

"Things to do on the uppers"
BK v BK2K v BK3 Prem v BK3 Pro (resized).pngBK v BK2K v BK3 Prem v BK3 Pro (resized).png

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seriously?!
If there’s a sound effect more obnoxious in pinball than the constant drop target bloops on the original BK I’m not sure I’ve found it.
Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!!!

yep, sounds> blaring guitar riffs and speed drumming which give me a headache and cant hear game play properly.
the building BACKGROUND sound on OG Black knight is exciting and it builds the better you are playing. its rewarding.
feel like i am submitting to the old white guy redneck, partying, stereotype in order to play the game on these crazy rock music music based or music supplied pins..
my location complaints are similar and I'm always told "turn them down", but meanwhile a game like ghost busters, GOT, i get no complaints and they are up loud..
its just not for the masses on location. yes, at rock shops, biker bars I'm sure they are fine.

at least on LW3 you can pick your music

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s actually 6 black knights.
Please add the original 1981 BK LE to the poll. Thanks!

Nope. Really there’s more like 3.5 at best, as BK LE wasn’t any different than BK and Prem/LE are the same and are really just another half of a game over a Pro. Please re-revise your poll.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The original BK and BK2K uppers were complex

Apples to oranges. The originals didn't have anything below the upper playfield. Put another way the originals had a split level playfield rather than a full playfield like BKSOR with an upper playfield too. Add the inlanes, pop bumpers, full orbit, VUK, etc to the BKSOR. BKSOR pro is still a playable game. Take away the upper playfield from the original two and it would be kind of goofy to say the least.

#27 4 years ago

the original
the first BK was original and inovative
BK2000 was a one trick pony
BK3 is just another game

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Apples to oranges

Agree 100%. Comparing the recent Stern attempt to the first two Williams masterpieces is definitely not a "fruitfully equivalent" situation...

-mof

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I absolutely hate BK3 Pro. Bores me to tears. No code can save this game.

Why?

#31 4 years ago

I like all three for there own reasons. As for BKSOR. I put a bunch of games on a pro and thought I could do without the upper. Then we got a prem at league and really like the upper now. So I would go with a Prem or LE.
Oh ans since you mentioned the button. If I get one I will put it on the side. Sure you can play the way it is but why not make it more enjoyable to whom ever owns the game.

#32 4 years ago

Seems to me that too much emphasis is put into what is going on the big displays these days. Great for spectators but as a player i don’t get that excited over it. If i want to watch tv i’ll go watch tv. Why was CV the only game to have the display down in the back panel? Genius.

Anyway. BK is my vote for the innovation and how it shaped pinball. First game with magna-save. First game with an upper playfield. And that taunting sumbitch. And how do you pay homage to the first game with an upper playfield by omitting it in BKSOR pro? I don’t even think the pro belongs in this poll.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-of-the-3-black-knights- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.