• Iron Man (Vault or Original) 27 votes
    12%
  • Spider-Man (Vault or Original) 69 votes
    31%
  • X-men (LE) 18 votes
    8%

(222 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20190429-WA0046 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1523233220854 (resized).jpg
IMG_9068 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 months ago

Deadpool is another league compared to all the others listed.

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

I really enjoy Deadpool too, is there a defining factor that makes it in a different league? I think the thing that’s so incredibly drawing for me, is the games fantastic artwork, it’s right up there with ghostbusters (zombie Yeti is INSANE)!

Rules, great theme integration, humor, art, music, interesting shots...it's got it all.

#31 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I get the love for Deadpool, but to say it’s in a different stratosphere from pins like SM leaves me scratching my head and wondering if Deadpool is still in the honeymoon phase for some.
SM has tons of toys (motorized ones too vs one on a spring), awesome smooth layout (no shots are clunky which is a common complaint about Deadpool), great theme integration, and some of the best call outs ever done. I think the katana is cool but so are the two webslinger upside down ramps. Overall SM is a total package.

The poll was for Spiderman VAULT, which has TERRIBLE callouts (compared, for example, to the godly JJJ performance in the original pin, but all the new callouts are some degree of worse) and cheaped-out toys. So, no, just...ugh, no.

#32 3 months ago

No love for guardians?

Not in this context. Really weak all-around effort with a great license. Pretty much proves that full video clip access license is not a guarantee of a great game. I mean Deadpool has some MSPaint-level art in some of the late video (Megakrakolodonus Rex fight, especially, is really bad. Not charming, just bad art direction and implementation), but it still kills Guardians' package in overall effect.

2 weeks later
#48 79 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Deadpool is really creative. 5 modes though — 3 of which you see every game - wore on me after a while.

You don't HAVE to play the battles every game. I play games where I just do disco loops, disco multiball, Li'l Deadpool Multiball/Frenzy/Bounce, Mechsuit Multiball and practice pumping the score with just those and the Snnnkkkt shot multipliers. You can get some REALLY good scores just doing that without ever doing a battle. And then if you throw in the battles/quests, the stacking is fantastic. A team-up, disco loops, Li'l Deadpool Multiball and Juggernaut battle at once (with a multiplier if I'm on point) is crazy and a stack you can do in the game. So many ways to play the game.

#49 79 days ago

Is there a “must-play” jjp game? They all look incredibly deep, and pull my interest.

jjPotC and WoZ are the JJP must-plays. High expectations for Guns n Roses since the same designer that did jjPotC is doing that one.

#51 78 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You can stack those, though. I mean, they kinda just happen anyway.

The order you stack them matters to get them all at the same time, because if you trigger one in the wrong order, it can block the rest until that mode is over. So, it takes a bit of planning, but you can do a lot of fun/lucrative stuff without fighting one battle or doing one quest.

#58 77 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I own four Superhero pins and I have played them all. My vote is IM.[quoted image]

In that lineup, Iron Man is great for a brutal, fast game. Spiderman is fun for a longer game.

The other two? Well, they look pretty...

Deadpool would own that room before the other four even knew what happened, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside