• X-men (LE) 19 votes
    8%

(239 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20190429-WA0046 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1523233220854 (resized).jpg
IMG_9068 (resized).jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Huge fan of the marvel movies (who isn’t?) and thought, what is the best pin? And why?

#2 4 years ago

I think deadpool is best out all those even in pro form against the other le's and premium"s.

#4 4 years ago

Deadpool is another league compared to all the others listed.

#5 4 years ago

I'm a huge Batman fan and really like BM66, but Deadpool is such a fun game that it's an easy pick for me.

#6 4 years ago

The reason some are LE and some are Pro is mainly for the price point, they are all roughly 5K-6K used and that’s the only way I can seem to keep things fair.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Deadpool is another league compared to all the others listed.

I really enjoy Deadpool too, is there a defining factor that makes it in a different league? I think the thing that’s so incredibly drawing for me, is the games fantastic artwork, it’s right up there with ghostbusters (zombie Yeti is INSANE)!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

I really enjoy Deadpool too, is there a defining factor that makes it in a different league? I think the thing that’s so incredibly drawing for me, is the games fantastic artwork, it’s right up there with ghostbusters (zombie Yeti is INSANE)!

Rules, great theme integration, humor, art, music, interesting shots...it's got it all.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

I'm a huge Batman fan and really like BM66, but Deadpool is such a fun game that it's an easy pick for me.

Barman 66 would be my second choice.

#10 4 years ago

Atari 'Superman'

#11 4 years ago

Original Stern Spider-Man gets my vote, not the vault. Why, because it’s a SAM system and it kicks ass!

#12 4 years ago

#1. X-MEN LE Magneto: One of the most loaded pins with magnets, spinning disc, pop-ups, cross over ramp, a true masterpiece.

#2. Spiderman: Probably the best layout out of all the superhero pins(Steve Ritchie classic), third flipper with Venom ramp is smooth as butter and overall package with DMD animations and call-outs are all great.

#3. Batman Dark Knight(Batman 66 is a clunk fest-please remove from list): Has the best Toy in all of pinball with the 'Crane'. Fun machine with a unique layout and features.

#4. Iron Man: A fantastically brutal game that gives you a smile while it punishes you. Great flowing ramps and bashing Monger never gets old.

#5. Avengers LE: Really unique layout that breaks up the fan layout line-up. Lots of satisfying shots and fun toys, interactive Hulk rocks.

#6. Transformers LE: Great sounds and solid rule set make this game fun to play. One of the most popular games for guest and non-pinheads to play.

#7. Guardians of the Galaxy: Fun game with great layout, fantastic art, and good music.

#8. Deadpool Premium: Unique layout with Katana ramp, cool animations on LCD screen, bright vivid art package, and solid code.

#13 4 years ago

Deadpool for me. Ill add that the premium does add a bit to the game if possible.

#14 4 years ago

Deadpool wins on uniqueness for me. I never liked the comic but deadpool pinball is awesome.

I'd call Spider-Man number 2. But it could easily be number one as well. I have grown fond of iron man.

Batman66 dream theme, but not in the top three for me.

#15 4 years ago

I get the love for Deadpool, but to say it’s in a different stratosphere from pins like SM leaves me scratching my head and wondering if Deadpool is still in the honeymoon phase for some.

SM has tons of toys (motorized ones too vs one on a spring), awesome smooth layout (no shots are clunky which is a common complaint about Deadpool), great theme integration, and some of the best call outs ever done. I think the katana is cool but so are the two webslinger upside down ramps. Overall SM is a total package.

#16 4 years ago

Spiderman is the most fun , satisfying and polished machine of the Superhero Machines for me and i have owned all of them except deadpool/BM66 but Play them alot at friends ..
SPIDERMAN!!!! original for me . Love Macho Man Randy Savage and the voices by J.J and the real actors

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Deadpool is still in the honeymoon phase for some

Yes it is the newest so it will get the most attention, same as Batman 66.

Seems like collectors that just got into the hobby have never experienced the true greats. And yes I did just rate Transformers LE higher than Deadpool Premium-different strokes for different folks.

#18 4 years ago

I like SM for a longer game, IM for a quickie and DP for the fun. Am surprised by the early results, but your poll needs TDK and X-Men added for fairness.

#19 4 years ago

I have not owned any of the three below so no buyers bias.

Deadpool; great fun, no particular complaint, we enjoyed playing.

Iron Man; Just didn't gel for me which was a disappointment the few times played, will have to try again.

X-men; Bored us to tears at a show, my wife and I both agreed to not buy one. Maybe a poor setup or weak show example but left a bad impression. We didn't even finish playing, just let the balls drain out and moved on to the next pin.

#21 4 years ago

Iron Man for me fast paced game that's fun to play.

#22 4 years ago

Rick and Morty.

#23 4 years ago

Hands down Deadpool. I've played all the titles listed and Deadpool just feels more satisfying when you play it.

#24 4 years ago

Deadpool premium over all these, but given the options in the poll I gotta go with Spider-Man.

#25 4 years ago

Dialed In

#26 4 years ago

Iron Man!

#27 4 years ago

No love for guardians?

#28 4 years ago

Disclamer: I own and love most in the polI. voted for avengers for 2 reasons.
1. Really not sure which one I like best
2. Nobody else voted for it.

#29 4 years ago

DP premium was an absolute blast to own. I enjoyed it loads more than SM, and I owned that game twice. I only parted with it due to playfield issues. That game was unreal otherwise. So much fun.

#30 4 years ago

Both Spiderman and Deadpool are fun, but Spidey gets the edge. Only because I don't care for the animation done on Deadpool with how fights and other animation plays out. Feel I am watching a slower Celebrity Death Match.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I get the love for Deadpool, but to say it’s in a different stratosphere from pins like SM leaves me scratching my head and wondering if Deadpool is still in the honeymoon phase for some.
SM has tons of toys (motorized ones too vs one on a spring), awesome smooth layout (no shots are clunky which is a common complaint about Deadpool), great theme integration, and some of the best call outs ever done. I think the katana is cool but so are the two webslinger upside down ramps. Overall SM is a total package.

The poll was for Spiderman VAULT, which has TERRIBLE callouts (compared, for example, to the godly JJJ performance in the original pin, but all the new callouts are some degree of worse) and cheaped-out toys. So, no, just...ugh, no.

#32 4 years ago

No love for guardians?

Not in this context. Really weak all-around effort with a great license. Pretty much proves that full video clip access license is not a guarantee of a great game. I mean Deadpool has some MSPaint-level art in some of the late video (Megakrakolodonus Rex fight, especially, is really bad. Not charming, just bad art direction and implementation), but it still kills Guardians' package in overall effect.

#33 4 years ago

Disagree with you on Gaurdians. I think it's a very good pin, especially with the Cleland sound rom. Not the best super hero pin, but very good.

#34 4 years ago

Having owned over half that list, XMLE by a long shot. DP a clear second. Last is definitely AV. The rest are all tied in the middle.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not in this context. Really weak all-around effort with a great license. Pretty much proves that full video clip access license is not a guarantee of a great game. I mean Deadpool has some MSPaint-level art in some of the late video (Megakrakolodonus Rex fight, especially, is really bad. Not charming, just bad art direction and implementation), but it still kills Guardians' package in overall effect.

Guardians falls short in cohesiveness. It shoots great and has solid — I’d call traditional modern — rules.

Deadpool is really creative. 5 modes though — 3 of which you see every game - wore on me after a while. Team ups are cool. Katana lock is cool.

Still I’d rather play original Spider-Man out of that bunch.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Guardians falls short in cohesiveness. It shoots great and has solid — I’d call traditional modern — rules.
Deadpool is really creative. 5 modes though — 3 of which you see every game - wore on me after a while. Team ups are cool. Katana lock is cool.
Still I’d rather play original Spider-Man out of that bunch.

If I wanted to get one for the collection, which of these games would be the recommendation? Also very open to the new JP.

I’m torn between Gotg, DP, And JP, however I haven’t had the opportunity to play a Spider-Man since there are not any on location near me

The other games we have are Stern potc and rollercoaster tycoon (which we will trade rct eventually)

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Disagree with you on Gaurdians. I think it's a very good pin, especially with the Cleland sound rom. Not the best super hero pin, but very good.

#37 4 years ago

If I wanted to get one for the collection, which of these games would be the recommendation? Also very open to the new JP.
I’m torn between Gotg, DP, And JP, however I haven’t had the opportunity to play a Spider-Man since there are not any on location near me
The other games we have are Stern potc and rollercoaster tycoon (which we will trade rct eventually)

Spider-Man is a great pin. Especially for the family. Very approachable for all skill.

Just got a Guardians and it’s tougher, but everyone loves the Groot lock. Cleland sound package is great. Lacks good “shoot here” call outs though.

Can’t comment on JP. Haven’t played it yet.

#38 4 years ago

Spider-Man is a great pin. Especially for the family. Very approachable for all skill.
Just got a Guardians and it’s tougher, but everyone loves the Groot lock. Cleland sound package is great. Lacks good “shoot here” call outs though.
Can’t comment on JP. Haven’t played it yet.

It’s 99% of the time that dad and I play it, I don’t understand how the whole family doesn’t fall in love with pinball, weirdos. A more challenging game is kind of what I think we are looking for, the main concern I have with Deadpool is that it is the same 3 modes, and I worry that there isnt enough to do. The quests are a good challenge for sure, I can get to Sauron on a good game, and it keeps me coming back, but if it’s in the house played everyday I’d worry about it losing its flavor.

The guardians close to me is in a loud bar so you can barely hear the machine if at all, and a $1 a play can add up pretty quick. I have been really enjoying the game itself, I haven’t memorized all the shots on every mode, so I’m still exploring the game, which is one of the most fun things.

We are gonna travel later on in February to a larger city and try out some jjp games also, it’s just hard to justify getting 1 jjp instead of 2 Stern pros for the $$

#39 4 years ago

Spider-Man is great all around, but is a longer playing pin. Not particularly challenging. If you hadn't say you were seeking a challenge I'd recommend it highly.

Jurassic Park has the most amazing layout, but the movie integration is minimal. Still a great pin.

Deadpool didn't grab me. Interesting layout and use of the LCD, but seemed like it was made for Millenials.

Based on what you've stated I like Guardians or Iron Man for you. If you can swing two I'd suggest grabbing one of those plus JP. 2 good Sterns > 1 JJP in my opinion.

Play them all some more and you'll know what to do. Pinball is very subjective.

#40 4 years ago

I think we are looking for, the main concern I have with Deadpool is that it is the same 3 modes, and I worry that there isnt enough to do. The quests are a good challenge for sure, I can get to Sauron on a good game, and it keeps me coming back, but if it’s in the house played everyday I’d worry about it losing its flavor.

Sounds like old code? Deadpool is a lot of fun and the old school graphics some were complaining about was a reference to old arcade games, possibly a poor choice in art direction but not bad by a long shot. Zombie Yeti is an incredible artist.

Guardians is a clunkfest with a boring recycled fan layout. Groot lock is cool because it’s just the modern Roadshow/Funhouse. I’ve tried enjoying Guardians but every time I play it reminds me that fan layouts are terribly boring.

I am surprised The Dark Knight isn’t on here. There are a few superhero pins not listed.

For home environment the depth that JJP games have is incredible. Most of them would be fantastic home games

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The poll was for Spiderman VAULT, which has TERRIBLE callouts (compared, for example, to the godly JJJ performance in the original pin, but all the new callouts are some degree of worse) and cheaped-out toys. So, no, just...ugh, no.

Incorrect. Reread the poll.

#42 4 years ago

Avengers.
Ha, just kidding.

Spiderman is an all time classic so it takes the win.

#43 4 years ago

I've played all of the games listed in the poll, and I like them all to varying degrees. Having to pick one, I go for DP. I like the layout and the unique fun shots. I really like that they made use of a lot of the playfield. Playfield use is why I really like XMLE as well. In DP there's no third flipper, but they broke up the standard fan by making some shots lower on the playfield.

The Katana ramp, Snikt stand up, and the Colossus loop are all incrediby satisfying. None of mine are clunky, but hitting the Colossus loop just right so the ball comes out and catches the jackpot target is very tough (very glad they made this shot necessary for Sauron, so you can't just ignore it). Same goes for the Snikt stand up. Tough shot, but I'm getting better at hitting it on purpose. The Katana ramp always draws some oohs and aahs from casual players.

As for the GotG debate going on, I have to say I really love it. It is a fan layout which is uninspiring, but the code makes the fan fun. I'm also not a fan of movie clips on any pin. I've probably seen any of the movies with an LCD screen a few times anyway. I don't need clips. The soundtrack with Cleland's Mod makes up for it though. The music really makes this pin immersive. I've finished SX quite a few times, but I still enjoy every game on it.

#44 4 years ago

In the Minority but X-Men LE. So much going on, rules are deep, and Magneto and Wolverine have their own personalities with the magnets. Sometimes they help, sometimes they Frack you. It has Deadpool in it as well

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Based on what you've stated I like Guardians or Iron Man for you. If you can swing two I'd suggest grabbing one of those plus JP. 2 good Sterns > 1 JJP in my opinion.
Play them all some more and you'll know what to do. Pinball is very subjective.

Thanks for the great advice! I’ll get out and put more time in on these games. Haven’t played IM ever either, but fingers crossed, maybe someday I’ll come across one.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

For home environment the depth that JJP games have is incredible. Most of them would be fantastic home games

Is there a “must-play” jjp game? They all look incredibly deep, and pull my interest.

Quoted from sethi_i:

As for the GotG debate going on, I have to say I really love it. It is a fan layout which is uninspiring, but the code makes the fan fun. I'm also not a fan of movie clips on any pin. I've probably seen any of the movies with an LCD screen a few times anyway. I don't need clips. The soundtrack with Cleland's Mod makes up for it though. The music really makes this pin immersive. I've finished SX quite a few times, but I still enjoy every game on it.

Every time walking away from this game I feel like I could do better, that I could get further in the game. It has that “just one more game” feel to it.

#46 4 years ago

I have to say, this machine is damn good. The more I play the more I like it. cleland sound mod is fantastic.

IMG_9068 (resized).jpgIMG_9068 (resized).jpg
#47 4 years ago

Actually rare that I played all the games in a poll. So I am happy I could take place in it. I don't know if my choice is the best modern pinball, but I picked batman 66.
Love the art package, love the game, the use of the clips, and while I've had some really great games on it, I know I've only done a small fraction of what the game has to offer.

I'd probably pick deadpool as my number 2 game though. However, really the only pin in this list I don't like that much is the Avengers pin. Just never really enjoyed shooting it. Played it a good bit too. X-men I know people hate the callouts on it, but I actually really like that game.
Also, I really dig the spiderman game, and had a couple of really good games on that too.
I think I've only played Iron Man about 3-5 times. I enjoyed those games. But, the only time I would get to play it is at conventions.
Also, confused as why the atari superman is on here and also the old incredible hulk and why not then the old spiderman, and also why not then the Data East Batman.

So my ranking is.
Batman 66
Deadpool
X-men
Iron Man
GOTG
DE Batman
Avengers

2 weeks later
#48 4 years ago

Deadpool is really creative. 5 modes though — 3 of which you see every game - wore on me after a while.

You don't HAVE to play the battles every game. I play games where I just do disco loops, disco multiball, Li'l Deadpool Multiball/Frenzy/Bounce, Mechsuit Multiball and practice pumping the score with just those and the Snnnkkkt shot multipliers. You can get some REALLY good scores just doing that without ever doing a battle. And then if you throw in the battles/quests, the stacking is fantastic. A team-up, disco loops, Li'l Deadpool Multiball and Juggernaut battle at once (with a multiplier if I'm on point) is crazy and a stack you can do in the game. So many ways to play the game.

#49 4 years ago

Is there a “must-play” jjp game? They all look incredibly deep, and pull my interest.

jjPotC and WoZ are the JJP must-plays. High expectations for Guns n Roses since the same designer that did jjPotC is doing that one.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't HAVE to play the battles every game. I play games where I just do disco loops, disco multiball, Li'l Deadpool Multiball/Frenzy/Bounce, Mechsuit Multiball and practice pumping the score with just those and the Snnnkkkt shot multipliers. You can get some REALLY good scores just doing that without ever doing a battle. And then if you throw in the battles/quests, the stacking is fantastic. A team-up, disco loops, Li'l Deadpool Multiball and Juggernaut battle at once (with a multiplier if I'm on point) is crazy and a stack you can do in the game. So many ways to play the game.

You can stack those, though. I mean, they kinda just happen anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
6,495 (Firm)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-modern-superhero-pin?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.