(Topic ID: 204210)

What do you think is the best looking pinball machine?

By mrossman5

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Most beautiful pin”

• TOTAN 32 votes
    28%
  • Centaur 7 votes
    6%
  • Fathom 11 votes
    9%
  • Aerosmith 6 votes
    5%
  • Creature 12 votes
    10%
  • WOZ/The Hobbit 29 votes
    25%
  • Star Trek LE 11 votes
    9%
  • Tron 8 votes
    7%

(116 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26415305f6f0308d2fd3e3542ec018aba50be39b (resized).jpg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
sorcerer cab (resized).jpg
Sorcerer Playfield (resized).jpg
Sorcerer_Playfield (resized).jpg
D9605F13-91FE-49D1-A127-6B59C74E4595.jpeg
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_4746.JPG
fdeb66aa06d795db4dcb119a0fe8684b07e3b2d2 (resized).jpeg
0b4221cffee9d694f6debfb3a4acec4576308b8e (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg
DF1C4FB8-E466-4B3B-AA7E-3D74FC253717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3939 (resized).JPG
IMG_3940 (resized).JPG
IMG_3938 (resized).JPG
5150F023-1B3A-4144-B96D-8FC7C72FA70E (resized).png
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, just wondering what you guys thought was the best looking game ever created. Feel free to attach images

#2 6 years ago

c (resized).jpgc (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Fathom.

#4 6 years ago

I love that game! "Destroy Centaur"

#5 6 years ago

I vote for Stern STLE. Unmodded, it just has a ton of bling. From the stainless steel speaker panel with starfleet insignia, to the side armor with enterprise cutouts and two-tone animated led backlighting, how can you beat it?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I vote for Stern STLE. Unmodded, it just has a ton of bling. From the stainless steel speaker panel with starfleet insignia, to the side armor with enterprise cutouts and two-tone animated led backlighting, how can you beat it?

Too much photoshop.

#7 6 years ago

Fathom and Centaur are great looking. But for me the overall package of a great looking game is TOTAN.

Most new games are out. The playfields are uninspired clip art. Except for maybe games like Hobbit, Ghostbusters and Aerosmith. But they are nowhere near best looking. Heck, PBR tried harder than most.

#8 6 years ago

Fathom and Xenon are 2 of my favorites. For modern games AS is fantastic looking.

#9 6 years ago

Most are focusing just on the playfield art which star trek is pretty weak. As an overall package star trek LE is by far the best, nothing even close.

#10 6 years ago

Pretty weak? It just plain sucks.The playfield is the main piece of the look of the game. It is based on a bad movie about a bad reboot of the Star Trek universe so there isn't much to work with, but throwing a couple of baked potatoes on the ramps makes it comical.

Back to the serious discussion. I'll also give props to Pharaoh and POTO. Something about those games catches your eye.

#11 6 years ago

You guys aren't even close.
Full props have to go to Ghostbusters and Aerosmith. The artwork on the play fields is just that -art.
Of course, that means that MagicGirl has to be considered and that hardly seems fair.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Pretty weak? It just plain sucks.The playfield is the main piece of the look of the game. It is based on a bad movie about a bad reboot of the Star Trek universe so there isn't much to work with, but throwing a couple of baked potatoes on the ramps makes it comical.
Back to the serious discussion. I'll also give props to Pharaoh and POTO. Something about those games catches your eye.

All 3 movies were great. The playfield artwork was weak, but it doesn't look terrible. The light show more than makes up for it, at least for me it does. The LE is a beautiful pin in so many ways.

#13 6 years ago

Zaccaria Farfalla is a work of art .

Farfalla backglass (resized).pngFarfalla backglass (resized).png
Farfalla playfield (resized).jpgFarfalla playfield (resized).jpg

farfalla_finished_playfield_upstairs (resized).jpgfarfalla_finished_playfield_upstairs (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Playfield wise the one that impresses me these days is Secret Service.

John

#15 6 years ago

Either way, Star Trek is not a candidate for "Best" looking machine.

#16 6 years ago

I don't know. I'm starting to rethink my choice. NOT!

p (resized).jpgp (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

Quoted from Taxman:I don't know. I'm starting to rethink my choice. NOT!

Haha, playfield lights aren't even on. Try again.

Added over 6 years ago: I've already admitted that the playfield art is pretty weak on Star Trek. I think most would agree with this. In order to really appreciate this pin, you need to see it with the lights on, staring at this pin with the machine turned off doesn't do much for me either. With the lights turned on it really comes to life with the color changing inserts and the warp ramp LED chase lights. The laser starfield projector is beautiful and my favorite feature is the LED side armor. That led illuminated emblem on the backbox looks great also. I think this is a great overall package and one of Stern's best LEs. Also forgot about the stainless steel speaker panel with the emblems and mirrored backglass. Put on a bunch of Zitt's awesome mods and it looks even better!

#18 6 years ago

I vote for Stern STLE.

Lit cut outs on the backbox, the side lighting on the rails. This games design is outstanding. Having one in between 2 other games does it no justice, it has to sit on the end of a line up.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The light show more than makes up for it, ...

The man likes his lights!

#20 6 years ago

That is all IPDB had. I don't have to try and make it look bad.

Here are your lights -

Poop Lights (resized).jpgPoop Lights (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The man likes his lights!

YUP! Light show on ST is awesome.

#22 6 years ago

My only point is that most are focused "only" on the playfield artwork. I was just looking at the overall package. Star Trek is beautiful when turned on and playing it, I do agree the playfield artwork does nothing, it doesn't look bad though, just kinda plain.

#23 6 years ago

cableft (resized).JPGcableft (resized).JPG

#24 6 years ago

My only point is that most are focused "only" on the playfield artwork. I was just looking at the overall package. Star Trek is beautiful when turned on and playing it, I do agree the playfield artwork does nothing, it doesn't look bad though, just kinda plain.

I think the point opposing you is stating that the pf art on ST is God-awful and for that fact alone cannot be in the running for best looking pinball machine. The pf should be a pretty big part of the overall score...I mean, that’s what you look at while actually playing the game. I agree with them.

#25 6 years ago

To be fair, the question was what is the best looking game. I agree that STLE is lacking in the art department on the playfield and the cab art but overall it is a very appealing total package. Not my favorite but I see why people like it.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I think the point opposing you is stating that the pf art on ST is God-awful and for that fact alone cannot be in the running for best looking pinball machine. The pf should be a pretty big part of the overall score...I mean, that’s what you look at while actually playing the game. I agree with them.

I don't think it's "god awful", just kinda plain. Everything else they did more than makes up for it in my opinion.

Maybe you just have to be a Star Trek fan, but I love looking at this machine...

st1 (resized).jpgst1 (resized).jpg

st2 (resized).jpgst2 (resized).jpg

#27 6 years ago

OK, still don't see it.

p (resized).jpgp (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

Maybe you just have to be a Star Trek fan, but I love looking at this machine...

I love Star Trek so much I don't even consider those shit movies as Star Trek

#29 6 years ago

I really don't like playing TOTAN, it's too reliant on the lamp for scoring AND it's too easy to progress to rescue the princess via collecting jewels at the scoop. HAVING said that, it IS a beautiful machine and I'd say it's top 5 for best looking machine, above Star Trek at least.

In order to be a candidate for this thread, the pin needs to create the "World under glass" feel.

#30 6 years ago

Fathom or CFTBL. Scared Stiff if pretty great too but I’m a big horror.

#31 6 years ago

I don't think it's "god awful", just kinda plain. Everything else they did more than makes up for it in my opinion.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I love Star Trek so much I don't even consider those shit movies as Star Trek

Exactly! I've been a fan my whole life. Until the abominations came along.

Quoted from jonesjb:

I really don't like playing TOTAN, it's too reliant on the lamp for scoring AND it's too easy to progress to rescue the princess via collecting jewels at the scoop. HAVING said that, it IS a beautiful machine and I'd say it's top 5, above Star Trek at least.
In order to be a candidate for this thread, the pin needs to create the "World under glass" feel.

Yes I totally agree, the game play is too easy to collect jewel by skipping with wishes. But this thread is about looks. Still, getting a Lightning Lamp with Multiball is great. Art, sound and animations are great.

#32 6 years ago

jXqAM2G (resized).jpgjXqAM2G (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes I totally agree, the game play is too easy to collect jewel by skipping with wishes. But this thread is about looks. Still, getting a Lightning Lamp with Multiball is great. Art, sound and animations are great.

So here are my picks from top of my head, not locked in stone as there are some I'm sure I'm forgetting:

Scared Stiff
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Ghostbusters
The Shadow (With Aurich Package)
Total Nuclear Annhilation
Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
Cirqus Voltaire
Big Bang Bar

#34 6 years ago

My favorites...

IMG_8688 (resized).jpgIMG_8688 (resized).jpg

IMG_9157 (resized).JPGIMG_9157 (resized).JPG

IMG_9876 (resized).JPGIMG_9876 (resized).JPG

IMG_9934 (resized).JPGIMG_9934 (resized).JPG

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So here are my picks from top of my head, not locked in stone as there are some I'm sure I'm forgetting:
Scared Stiff
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Ghostbusters
The Shadow (With Aurich Package)
Total Nuclear Annhilation
Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure
Cirqus Voltaire
Big Bang Bar

Ghostbusters is where it's at.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My favorites...

I agree those all look great! Here's amother good one:

WN-Pics-3-20 (resized).jpgWN-Pics-3-20 (resized).jpg

#37 6 years ago

What do you guys think about the newer Stern games? Also can't forget about TNA.

003-guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg003-guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

19387-ghostbusters-premium-pinball-machine-stern.jpg19387-ghostbusters-premium-pinball-machine-stern.jpg

PREM-1-Left-Side.jpgPREM-1-Left-Side.jpg

#38 6 years ago

Oh, the machine with the absolute Artwork for me is

SI (resized).JPGSI (resized).JPG

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Oh, the machine with the absolute Artwork for me is

The backglass is the best part imo.

#40 6 years ago

TOTAN is my favorite playfield

#41 6 years ago

Agree with votes above for TOTAN and agree with snaroff for beating me to the punch on suggesting Paragon. Also voting for Aerosmith, Metallica Premium Monsters, TSPP, WOZ, and Hobbit. All of these should be in Top 10 IMHO.

#42 6 years ago

Fathom....A classic beauty, the Marilyn Monroe of pinball machines but seriously not that many I don't like. The artwork has always been a draw to me.

#43 6 years ago

WOZ, by a mile. WOZ is a gorgeous game. I owned one for a couple years, and when people walked into my house they were instantly attracted to WOZ.

Pingeads just because there were not that many around. Non-pinheads because it was a stunning machine. That clear coat can, the big screen, the art. It was always interesting to watch it happen.

#44 6 years ago

Classic: Paragon

Current: Tron LE

#45 6 years ago

Paragon has the best complete art package ever .

#46 6 years ago

TOTAN, the Hobbit, and WOZ.

Tron is is in the running too if it has led ramps as is Star Gate.

Just my two cents, but it is hard to argue that TOTAN, the Hobbit, and WOZ are not some of the most beautiful games ever created.

#47 6 years ago

My restored chromed out Whitewater with that topper is an beautiful looking pin.

#48 6 years ago

I think we have to consider this game as well

A827BA6B-F1F8-4778-BFDE-7123A740EED3 (resized).jpegA827BA6B-F1F8-4778-BFDE-7123A740EED3 (resized).jpeg

9CFCF8F9-B996-44A4-9A70-9E7EA652F470 (resized).jpeg9CFCF8F9-B996-44A4-9A70-9E7EA652F470 (resized).jpeg

#49 6 years ago

Yeah, I️ was going to say Aerosmith too.

My votes are WOZ, TOTAN, the Hobbit, and Aerosmith. Tron too if it has the right lighting.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Oh you mean the one where they went to find God? Or was it the whale one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-looking-pinball-machine?hl=jlebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.