Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LBJ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN4663.JPG
    DSCN4654.JPG
    4+1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I have cointaker premium 2's in now but the fit is a little tight. Any suggestions? Thanx.

#2 11 years ago

I used to like cointakers 4+1's, but they've changed those. I haven't tried the new 4+1 styles.

#3 11 years ago

I just put the new 4+1 in my T2 and I like the look of them

#4 11 years ago

I used to like cointakers 4+1's, but they've changed those.

The 4+1's have traditionally been my favorite as well. I haven't bought some in a while, though. They don't look like this anymore?

4+1.jpg4+1.jpg

#5 11 years ago

No, they don't look anything like that.

#7 11 years ago

I use cointaker premium 2s but I use white ones wherever it calls for yellow because the yellow colored ones are crap.

#8 11 years ago

Has anyone tried these in pop bumpers?
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560

#10 11 years ago

Those look a little like the new 4+1's from cointaker

#11 11 years ago

I like a cointaker frosted for those.

#12 11 years ago

Newer, replacement pop bumper bodies are more opaque than the original ones, so you will need a much brighter LED for them.

The 4+1 are good because they have lots of side output. If all the LEDs aim upward, you don't cast much illumination through the body (and thus the playfield may be darker around the pops).

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I like a cointaker frosted for those.

Same here. I always go with warm white to not overdo the colors. Though I might stray from this and put it some red frosteds on AFM...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinbob:

Though I might stray from this and put it some red frosteds on AFM...

I did that, looks great!

#15 11 years ago

Put some red ones, I had a few extra from another pin, in the pops on HS2. They're okay but I'll end up putting in some 4+1's.

#16 11 years ago

4+1s from Cointaker are the only ones I use in pops.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

No, they don't look anything like that.

So what do the newer style 4+1s look like? Can someone please snap a photo of one?

#18 11 years ago

Has anyone tried these in pop bumpers?
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560

Yep, here's my Sorcerer & Cosmic Gunfight with those in them. They look more red than it shows in the photo, not sure why I couldn't get it to show up.

DSCN4654.JPGDSCN4654.JPG DSCN4663.JPGDSCN4663.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-led-for-pop-bumpers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.