(Topic ID: 277911)

What is the best Jersey Jack Pinball Machine?

By ilovegames

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the best Jersey Jack Pinball Machine? ”

• Wizard of OZ 81 votes
      18%
    • Hobbit 56 votes
      13%
    • Dialed In 122 votes
      27%
    • Pirates Of The Caribbean 149 votes
      33%
    • Willy Wonka 39 votes
      9%

(447 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4470 (resized).JPG
    99161703-5C66-4998-BFCC-3ACC2B27865A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 3 years ago

I didn't think a JJP game could be more beautiful than WOZ (Full disclosure: I'm a WOZ owner). But when POTC came out, I realized I was wrong. I've played it many times, but it just doesn't pull me in, though. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just not passionate about the theme, or the music doesn't grab me, or the callouts, or just the gameplay itself. I can't put my finger on it. But it just leaves me bored. Same thing with TZ for me...and I LOVE that theme. So to each his own, I guess.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Maybe you're not a pirate.

Well, I've got both eyes, but I do have a parrot.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No real excitement or fanfare with multiballs?!

I've gotta say, I agree with him. Listen to it NOT as an owner. It's like he's saying, "Oh, and by the way, World's End Multiball." Not a lot of excitement when announcing the multiballs, and the music isn't very exciting either. That may be one of the things that I couldn't put my finger on when I was saying it didn't grab me. By no means a bad game; it's a great game, in fact. Just not very exciting.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Excitement...Just have to get to Dead Man's Chest Wizard mode and kill the kraken. Told its the ultimate killshot in pinball, better than killing Smaug. Of course they made it waay difficult to get there. Like 20 loops or something plus the maphole shot.

Right. Like killing the witch in WOZ or getting to Somewhere Over the Rainbow. But that's JJP games for you--impossible to finish. I guess that's supposed to keep you coming back for more, but at some point you just say screw it because you realize you'll never get close. I like the games where you can just about get to the end...and then you drain. Those are the ones with the highest replayability, IMO. (But I'm still never selling my WOZ!)

#91 3 years ago

Simply defending Pirates from what I consider to be unfair mischaracterizations has been.

They're just opinions. You never have to defend an opinion. You're entitled to it and it's no less valid than anyone else's. Cue the Lebowski meme...

#98 3 years ago

Yes - thank you.
    And if you choose to share your opinion, others are entitled to disagree with it.

I agree!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.