(Topic ID: 277911)

What is the best Jersey Jack Pinball Machine?

By ilovegames

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Dr-pin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What is the best Jersey Jack Pinball Machine? ”

• Wizard of OZ 81 votes
      18%
    • Hobbit 56 votes
      13%
    • Dialed In 122 votes
      27%
    • Pirates Of The Caribbean 149 votes
      33%
    • Willy Wonka 39 votes
      9%

(447 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4470 (resized).JPG
    99161703-5C66-4998-BFCC-3ACC2B27865A (resized).jpeg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

With the hopefully soon announcement of Guns N Roses I figured I would pose the question.

What is the best Jersey Jack Pinball Machine?

Please vote in the poll!

#2 3 years ago

The POTC with dual spinning maps they never perfected. I wonder if any exist?

#3 3 years ago

I'd say dialed in. Shoots well, kooky theme.

#4 3 years ago

Love The Hobbit but can’t beat WOZ

#5 3 years ago

Dialed In is great, but Pirates is a masterpiece.

#6 3 years ago

My current favorite is WOZ but I'm super excited for GNR

#7 3 years ago

Potc.
    Only because I enjoy the Tia Dalma shot near the flipper. Love that quick set up shot.

#8 3 years ago

All wonderfully made, I've only had 2 games on Wonka, so I've no opinion there, dialed in and pirates are super close.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#9 3 years ago

I honestly enjoy them all. I think the answer is hobbit for me, but I am not sure.

#10 3 years ago

Honestly, they are all top notch games. In my humble opinion, you really can’t go wrong with any JJP pin. Just pick the theme that speaks to you the most and enjoy the ride.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

No and no. None exist, and the multi-spinning map never actually spun the ball very well. The game is significantly better off with the design they ended up with

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Dialed In is great, but Pirates is a masterpiece.

DI is amazing. POTC, yes a masterpiece. Even Hobbit is out of this world cool, and Wonka is fun(just don’t have much time on it). WOZ also outstanding but ironically (IMO) the weakest game.

#13 3 years ago

Don't have much time on TH or WOZ. Between POTC, Wonka, DI.......DI is my favorite.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Yes it exists - I played it this summer in Luxemburg at Pinball Pleasure (european distributor).
    Have a picture of it on my facebook page (flippers.be - can't directly link to it now)

#16 3 years ago

Own both RR Woz and DILE

Woz is the best looking and best world under glass and theme for me.

DILE more shots interesting that it’s a standard body, great theme etc.

I’m voting Woz by a tiny bit but Potc could top them I don’t have enough time playing Potc.

I’d round out the rankings:
    Woz
    DI
    Potc
    TH
    Wonka

#17 3 years ago

All are great, so it’s only a matter of personal taste. My preference is

JJPOTC
    Hobbit
    WOZ
    Wonka
    DI

While four followed me home, only the top two stayed. With negative space available and dollars scarce, GNR2 better be phenomenal. The bar has been set high.

#18 3 years ago

All of them are so good but I like dialed in and wonka because they are Pat lawlor games. I love what they are doing there games are great and way better then stern games

#19 3 years ago

PoTC>>DI>>>>>>>>Wonka>>>>WOZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hobbit

#20 3 years ago

I've owned them all...

1. POTC - Just a well designed game all the way around
    2. WONKA - Great shooter, really fun layout with a lot of flow
    3. DI - Great shooter, shitty theme
    4. Hobbit - Great them integration, ok shooter
    5. WOZ - beautiful game, zero flow, clunky, almost too much going on

#21 3 years ago

PoTC and it's not even close.

#22 3 years ago

Guns N' Roses

Trust me.

#23 3 years ago

Oh this will be fun... lol

Only one I ever thought was fun to shoot and was a good time overall was Wonka.

Dialed in shoots nice but had zero appeal otherwise.. and yes Ive played them all enough (except pirates which Ive played but not a ton)

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No and no. None exist, and the multi-spinning map never actually spun the ball very well. The game is significantly better off with the design they ended up with

Wrong and wrong. Some Do exist, and they were Awesome! Trust me.

99161703-5C66-4998-BFCC-3ACC2B27865A (resized).jpeg99161703-5C66-4998-BFCC-3ACC2B27865A (resized).jpeg
    #25 3 years ago

It depends, in order of ownership.

WOZ - If you melt the witch
    Hobbit - If you defeat Smaug, get to multiple layers of mini wizard modes or defeat a mode you have never beaten (Bait etc)
    DI - Getting to Chaos in Quantum City mutiball, any crazy bob's multi balls, getting multiple sim cards
    Wonka- Getting more than one golden ticket & oompa loompa oddesey

POTC - no valid experience

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

POTC - no valid experience

That's unfortunate. Especially for someone who appreciates JJP games.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Wrong and wrong. Some Do exist, and they were Awesome! Trust me.
    [quoted image]

Aah I forgot about you! Haha thought there were only 2 or 3 out there. Still don’t think it makes the game better

#28 3 years ago

Own TH and WOZ. Played DI and POTC.

WOZ tips TH for me, but only just. I can lose hours in it on a Sunday afternoon with a few ciders. Hobbit's theme integration is 10/10 with amazing audio assets from David Thiel. The code is a tad linear with the way the modes qualify and arkenstone modes play out. Still a great game though.

Can't agree with all the POTC hype. The right side of the playfield is a dull to me, shame as the left side is amazing. Also wish it had asset integration like TH.

Wonka was a grail theme for me, and would still like to own it one day.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Own TH and WOZ. Played DI and POTC.
    WOZ tips TH for me, but only just. I can lose hours in it on a Sunday afternoon with a few ciders. Hobbit's theme integration is 10/10 with amazing audio assets from David Thiel. The code is a tad linear with the way the modes qualify and arkenstone modes play out. Still a great game though.
    Can't agree with all the POTC hype. The right side of the playfield is a dull to me, shame as the left side is amazing. Also wish it had asset integration like TH.
    Wonka was a grail theme for me, and would still like to own it one day.

I 100% agree

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Can't agree with all the POTC hype. The right side of the playfield is a dull to me, shame as the left side is amazing. ...

Not understanding the perceived "dullness" of the right side of the playfield as it contains:

* rocking upper playfield with various shots/objectives and firing cannon
    * M-A-P targets
    * map hole shot
    * On Stranger Tides inner loop/multiball shot
    * G-O-L-D targets
    * right ramp
    * value multiplier standing targets
    * 4 pop bumpers and a sling with inserts that each change individually among 10 colors as they increase in level with each hit.
    * 2 spinning pop bumpers
    * right orbit shot
    * Gibbs/mystery/Tortuga multiball saucer shot
    * extra ball target/shot
    * 3 out of 6 controllable color inlanes/outlanes to complete for earning Pirate award
    *"Escape the locker" ball save challenge

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not understanding the perceived "dullness" of the right side of the playfield as it contains:
    * M-A-P targets
    * map hole shot
    * G-O-L-D targets
    * right ramp
    * 4 pop bumpers and a sling with inserts that each change individually among 10 colors as they increase in level.
    * 2 spinning pop bumpers
    * right orbit shot
    * extra ball target/shot
    * 3 out of 6 controllable color inlanes/outlanes to complete for earning Pirate award

Lol. The right side has more then most games have on the entire playfield.

#32 3 years ago

Their first game. No their second game. No, the next game.

I know. JJP #8 , that will be the best Jersey Jack Pinball machine. Or maybe #11 ?

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Everybody has favorites. Yet some days it's hard to choose.

#33 3 years ago

I'm all over WOZ. Favorite game ever.

#34 3 years ago

DI is still my favorite. Wish I would have never sold it.

WOZ got old very fast
    Hobbit multi ball over and over and over and over
    Pirates is cool, but just never clicked with me
    Wonka is painful to play to me for some reason.

#35 3 years ago

As mentioned/posted here already several times it's a matter of taste. I own 2 of them and played the other ones several times.
    My personal ranking:
    1) POTC (masterpiece)
    2) TH (best theme integration, lightshow and sound... deeeeeep ruleset)
    3) WOZ (most beautiful world under class with fantastic lightshow but too much stop and go)
    4) DI (nice and smooth layout, great shooter with good atmosphere but theme is not mine)
    5) Wonka (nice layout, lightning and shots but toy-wise cannot compete with the other ones; theme is not mine)

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Have you played it? I played the prototype and thought it was awful. Balls kept getting stuck. I'm 99% sure it had all 3 spinning discs. I didn't care for it. The finished game played much better.

#38 3 years ago

1) Tie between DI and POTC. DI is a better shooter but the theme is meh. POTC has a lot going on...almost like a modern TZ but feels like vanilla pirates theme-wise.
    2) Wonka. Another great shooter. Not a fan of the theme or the slot machine assets used.
    3) Hobbit. Beautiful game, great sound. The best theme integration out of all of them. Really uninspiring playfield layout that is hidden by all the great modes.
    4) WOZ. Stupid theme. Really packed to the point where the game feels clunky.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Hobbit multi ball over and over and over and over

LOL What? I mean, I guess you COULD play it that way...but why? Must be another Hobbit hater who has not a fucking clue how to play the game or what the objectives are.

#40 3 years ago

* M-A-P targets
    * map hole shot
    * G-O-L-D targets
    * right ramp
    * 4 pop bumpers and a sling with inserts that each change individually among 10 colors as they increase in level with each hit.
    * 2 spinning pop bumpers
    * right orbit shot
    * extra ball target/shot

I'm not saying there isn't stuff to shoot at, but can't get away with the rocking playfield. Just didn't find it fun at all. It's cool that you like it though.

#41 3 years ago

Is this even a question?

POTC: Not even close.

#42 3 years ago

Guns N' Roses
    Trust me.

You fucking tease,we know you've seen and played it you tease!haha

#43 3 years ago

Dialed In

Theme and style prevented me from buying one, love the gameplay and rules.

#44 3 years ago

Enjoy them all, they're all forever bolted to the floor, but DI, Wonka, and PotC get turned on the most, probably in that order. WoZ and Hobbit are gorgeous, but they're more involving. I'll put it this way: DI and Wonka are more like Rubber Soul or Revolver. PotC, WoZ, and Hobbit are more like the White Album. It's a brilliant album, but you've got to be specifically in the mood for it.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

You fucking tease,we know you've seen and played it you tease!haha

An Eric Meunier design is like money in the bank at this point.

Plus ... Kaneda says it's fabulous and he's a JJP aficionado.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

LOL What? I mean, I guess you COULD play it that way...but why? Must be another Hobbit hater who has not a fucking clue how to play the game or what the objectives are.

I am still on ball 1 since you post this, it keeps going and going and going and going

#47 3 years ago

Why do people continue to say Potc is so great?

We need to keep pointing out how horrible the game is so people will start selling them at reasonable prices... to me. Lol

#48 3 years ago

Wow after an early big lead pirates is now only 5 votes ahead of dialed in! 67 to 62. I didn't see that coming!

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from ilovegames:

Wow after an early big lead pirates is now only 5 votes ahead of dialed in! 67 to 62. I didn't see that coming!

With 5 times more DI owners I wouldn’t be surprised.

#50 3 years ago

Just curious, anyone know if DI weighs more than Woz?

I had them folded up and couldn’t tilt the hand truck on DI even with my full weight against it.

I thought Woz would be even heavier but I was able to tilt it back.

Maybe DI is more compact weight and so the center of gravity was lower or maybe it’s just heavier?

BTW love the new Stern weight they’re a piece of cake.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-jersey-jack-pinball-machine-?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.