8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JohnnyPhatsaqs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Looking for input from the pros

#2 8 years ago

Are you looking for a machine that needs a little attention or a fully working 100% machine for that price?

#3 8 years ago

If you're lucky, maybe a Shadow will pop up around 2500 on the market.

#4 8 years ago

STTNG.

All kidding aside, what was the machine that got you into pinball?

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

STTNG.

All kidding aside, what was the machine that got you into pinball?

The one I have STTNG

I would rather not drop right back in to another project, BUT will do it for the right game with problems I can handle

#6 8 years ago

Creature doesn't get a ton of love in the forums, but if you aren't into the modes, it would be a good one for you to look at. Very short ball times and quite frustrating.

#7 8 years ago

WH2O if you can find one for that. I find I love the thing more every time I play it.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

WH2O if you can find one for that. I find I love the thing more every time I play it.

I second that, but they are getting harder to find for under 3k. That game is shooting straight up. I feel lucky I got ahold of one.

#10 8 years ago

Not a bad idea to try and snag two pins if you have the room. Will help solve your original problem of getting bored of STTNG.

#11 8 years ago

lolololol. I'd rather keep my STTNG. Just had a good job pay up for me. PIN TIME DAMMIT!

#12 8 years ago

hahahahaha!

#13 8 years ago

Just found this in the Chicago CL

chicago.craigslist.org link

Looks dirty but that can be fixed.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gusphan:

Not a bad idea to try and snag two pins if you have the room. Will help solve your original problem of getting bored of STTNG.

Yeah, seriously. Not all "A-list" are worth the money to every player. There are tons of hidden gems, or some great system 11 pins out there that you might be able to grab two for that kind of money. You should make the trek to pinballz in Austin and try out some bang for your buck lessor appreciated or older (non dmd) titles to get some actual playtime before you would buy.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

You should make the trek to pinballz in Austin and try out some bang for your buck lessor appreciated or older (non dmd) titles to get some actual playtime before you would buy.

I actually just emailed Darren, the owner of Pinballz. He's a great guy and I've dealt with him in the past. His tech Billy is VERY patient on the phone.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

lolololol. I'd rather keep my STTNG. Just had a good job pay up for me. PIN TIME DAMMIT!

Oh the guy only wanted to do a trade? no cash? That's a bummer. Because really, those two pins are great. and they would compliment your sttng well.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

Oh the guy only wanted to do a trade? no cash? That's a bummer. Because really, those two pins are great. and they would compliment your sttng well.

I'm sure he'd take cash, but I just thought that's what you were talking about.

I just got a 2500 offer on my STTNG! SHIT!

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

I just got a 2500 offer on my STTNG! SHIT!

Keep it. It's a great machine.

#20 8 years ago

Games that I like in that price range or lower include: TS, WH20 (may be a bit more than $2500), Frankenstein, Doctor Who, & JM.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Games that I like in that price range or lower include: TS, WH20 (may be a bit more than $2500), Frankenstein, Doctor Who, & JM.

Good choices I think!

Also consider Centaur, Starship troopers, Dracula, Judge Dredd and maybe Ripleys or T3.

#22 8 years ago

If I could find a T3 in that range, I would.

I wouldn't mind having a Taxi/Diner set up

#23 8 years ago

DW is a blast, it is one that won't be leaving the collection.

#24 8 years ago

I saw a T3 not long ago on CL for $2300, I'm sure it went quickly

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

I wouldn't mind having a Taxi/Diner set up

I probably play Taxi the most right now. What a great machine! I need to download diner for my VP setup and see how that one plays.

#26 8 years ago

I wish I could make VP work.

#27 8 years ago

Here's what looks like a decent shadow.

ebay.com link » Ws

#28 8 years ago

Thanks Ben, but I ain't touching eBay. I will deal in Texas. The only online purchase I would consider would be from a reputable Pinsider.

#29 8 years ago

that's my policy as well.

#30 8 years ago

High Speed 2 and keep about $1000 in your pocket/bankbook

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

High Speed 2 and keep about $1000 in your pocket/bankbook

That's one I have my eye on. If I could find it, I'd just buy a second pin.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

That's one I have my eye on. If I could find it, I'd just buy a second pin.

If that's the case just keep your eye out and be patient HS2 pop up pretty frequently.

#33 8 years ago

Kinda what I'm thinking. Sure, money is burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm in no hurry.

#34 8 years ago

Whirlwind is the cheapest pin in the top 25 and is only about $1050-1250. I'd also recommend Funhouse, BK, BK2K & Elvira and the Party Monsters.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Creature doesn't get a ton of love in the forums, but if you aren't into the modes, it would be a good one for you to look at. Very short ball times and quite frustrating.

A great looking Creature with no problems should pull closer to $3k. There's still a lot of people that went to drive-ins and love this theme. There are a lot of people in this forum that have never been to a drive-in. It was an American thing especially in the 50's and 60's just like AF.

#37 8 years ago

its a waste to spend 2300 on one machine. too much money. in florida for instance, there's a lot of pins for less than a grand on cl-jurassic park, terminator 2 huo's. all the pins a way overpriced. and some other ones like twister, baywatch came up also. if possible buy 3 games. any game with a dmd is okay. for 800 bucks any game is pretty good. then you trade or sell it for what you bought it for or a little less. some of these prices are ridiculous, especially pre-dmds. but if you are patient, one will come up. i bought a last action hero huo for 700 bucks and a hundred for delivery so i didn't have to borrow a truck. you DON'T NEED a pinball machine. take that attitude

#38 8 years ago

pin prices in fl are dirt cheap compared to wi. I'm thinking of taking a trip there just to buy up a few pins.

#39 8 years ago

Hell, I'd drive to Florida from Houston for the right multi pin deal.

In a heartbeat. I have a covered pickup

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from kiter67:

a hundred for delivery so i didn't have to borrow a truck

That's wheelin' and dealin' my friend, good job.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Loupie:

There are a lot of people in this forum that have never been to a drive-in. It was an American thing especially in the 50's and 60's just like AF.

Heck, I have never been to the drive in, but I can still appreciate the pin.

#42 8 years ago

Shadow, WH20, have been mentioned, so here are 2 good bang for the buck pins I love.

Jurassic Park and No Good Gofers. might have change left over.

Here is another idea, for 500 bucks more, and good hunting, you can go to next level pin. Maybe a formally routed Stern. tspp, fg, etc...

These are not as easy to find, but they do pop up, and cash is king.

#43 8 years ago

I'm thinking about sitting on the cash for a while. But I am constantly scanning for deals. Just not much to be had in my part of the world.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Pin prices in FL are dirt cheap compared to WI. I'm thinking of taking a trip there just to buy up a few pins ...

A bunch of us should rent a huge truck and go down there and grab a few dozen pins. Then we can distribute them to our Pinside brethren up North.

#45 8 years ago

I just sold my "MINT" JUNK YARD for 2,600.00.That is a pinball you would enjoy.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

A bunch of us should rent a huge truck and go down there and grab a few dozen pins. Then we can distribute them to our Pinside brethren up North.

name the time, i'm in.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Heck, I have never been to the drive in, but I can still appreciate the pin.

My point exactly, don't knock what you don't know.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

Hell, I'd drive to Florida from Houston for the right multi pin deal.

In a heartbeat. I have a covered pickup

Pick 2 of mine???

#49 8 years ago

The list in that range is endless.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I just sold my "MINT" Junk Yard for 2,600.00.That is a pinball you would enjoy.

There's a Junkyard here on CL for 2700

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 89.99
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 13.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside