New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 249495)

What is the best frozen pizza?

By FatPanda

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190912_150235 (resized).jpg
    5bfe78b996600 (resized).jpg
    c700x420 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    cWLBfd6ERSKz5JO9Ji7W_FK1A0811 (resized).jpg
    drafthaus (resized).JPG
    screamin (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190831_080959.jpg
    Donatos_Pizza (resized).JPG
    2-1 (resized).jpg
    Kirkland-Thin-Crust-Pepperoni-Pizza-13 (resized).jpg
    E1AC5115-B2A3-44E3-A5DB-69CD4AFA6BEC (resized).jpeg
    20190820_075316 (resized).jpg
    ginos (resized).png
    am-flat-img_2150 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Donatos might be more of an Ohio thing -- their thin crust with edge to edge pepperoni has always been a favorite of mine.
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    Not frozen but my latest obsession has been the stone fired pizzas at a place called Rise Pies. . . I will often buy two and freeze one for later. I like pizza. [quoted image]

I've seen Donatos pizza out here in CA at some stores. Took a picture the first time as I hadn't seen the brand before...
    Donatos_Pizza (resized).JPG

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

We get the box of 4 frozen cheese from costco and doctor them up.
    Favorite topping: Artichokes. Dont barf, I love them.

They're actually not that bad for a quick lunch item, but the crust is weird and un-pizza-y.

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Decide to give one of these a spin. Works rather well. Separate heating elements for top and bottom, which you can set independently. A lot easier to get a nice golden brown crust w/o burning the toppings.[quoted image]

Yes, does really work great. We liked it so well were were giving it for a gift for a while.

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Just don't try to cook a rising crust pizza on it!
    They are also great for heating up frozen burritos, fries, tater tots...

We did rising crust on them all the time. Worked great. You have to get the lower heater/upper heater timing right, but once you have that locked down, it's great. Better than our Breville 800, I'd say.

#215 1 year ago

Sounds like I should give rising crust on the Pizzazz another go. What, go like 10 minutes on just the lower to start?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/134586/Presto-Pizzazz.html?page=4

These numbers on the factory manual for rising crusts are a start, but I recall fine-tuning the rising (lower heater) time per rising crust brand, but I don't remember what those numbers were, sorry.

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just did 12 minutes on the lower burner and then 12 minutes on duel and it turned out perfect. I like the Pizzazz Plus far more than i ever dreamed that i would. I will never be without one of these after getting one. If it tears up i will instantly order a new one.

On ours the pan went bad long before the machine gave out (which it eventually did - we used it a LOT). Don't ever spray non-stick cooking spray on the pan.

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for the tip. No need to so far as everything just slides right off of it. I don’t generally get excited about any kind of cooking devices but this thing really is the shit. Well worth 40 bucks.

When the non-stick coating finally went, we eventually used baking parchment paper to keep the pizza from sticking to the pan and just cut the corners off so it would spin without catching (or catching fire by bending into a heating element). Worked great.

#227 1 year ago

Okay, I tried a DiGiorno clone from Aldi using that technique, and it rose alright, but it wasn't crusty enough for my taste, too soft. I always cook it on the oven rack, not on a cookie sheet, so in hindsight I suppose that was to be expected.
    At least I wasn't too set in my ways to give it a shot.
    No one has mentioned, though, the trippy effect you get when you stare at the Pizzazz turning and then look at the wall, and it looks like the wall is turning in the opposite direction. Freaky!

Just means you need to tweak the bottom/top times a minute or two longer.

#232 1 year ago

As I mentioned earlier, the Mama Cozzi is as good or better for half the price!

I did that. It's just not drying out enough for me when sitting against a pan. It was done, just floppy.

I looked it up and you are in a pretty humid climate there. 58% humidity today. We have 26% humidity today and are often in the teens in Summer. That big humidity difference could definitely affect cooking, especially if you're not dehumidifying with the A/C system.

So you may have to take additional measures to get the crust crispier. Either something to allow additional airflow below the crust or even longer on the bottom heating part before switching to both elements.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 36.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Other
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 109.99
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside