(Topic ID: 249495)

What is the best frozen pizza?

By FatPanda

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190912_150235 (resized).jpg
    5bfe78b996600 (resized).jpg
    c700x420 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    cWLBfd6ERSKz5JO9Ji7W_FK1A0811 (resized).jpg
    drafthaus (resized).JPG
    screamin (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190831_080959.jpg
    Donatos_Pizza (resized).JPG
    2-1 (resized).jpg
    Kirkland-Thin-Crust-Pepperoni-Pizza-13 (resized).jpg
    E1AC5115-B2A3-44E3-A5DB-69CD4AFA6BEC (resized).jpeg
    20190820_075316 (resized).jpg
    ginos (resized).png
    am-flat-img_2150 (resized).jpg
    There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 4 years ago

i love celeste frozen pizza for one the supreme version. I even made a youtube video on how to make it taste super good.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now that looks good.
    I'm not doing much frozen pizza much anymore since we've got a place in town that people come from all over So Cal to eat at.
    It's called Angelo's and Vinci's and has been there for decades. Plenty of pictures of famous people that have eaten there, even David Hasselhoff in their take out section.
    http://www.angelosandvincis.com/

Thanks for reminding me about this place. Went there a few times with a friend years ago who always seemed to know the best places. If I’m going to eat pizza it’s going to be from places like this, not frozen crap.

So I made the drive down there tonight. It’s almost as good as Lamppost pizza, and Lamppost is the best. I would only change the sausage to bigger chunks. Decided to try their meatball sub too. Very good accept for the bread which was subpar.

3196315A-C040-4AF2-AEBB-C00379781752 (resized).jpeg3196315A-C040-4AF2-AEBB-C00379781752 (resized).jpegC1AD5F2D-7252-441E-8679-8982EBCD7DC7 (resized).jpegC1AD5F2D-7252-441E-8679-8982EBCD7DC7 (resized).jpeg
    #153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Frozen? Not during my watch...[quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to have a built-in oven in my back patio. Nice set up!

#154 4 years ago

I grew up eating Ellios and Tree Tavern.

Right now I have Bagel Bites, Pizza Rolls and probably a couple of those little Celests in the back.

To the haters, go away, not your thread. Nothing like a quick snack after you have some beer in you. Would I prefer a pie from a local place? Sure, and I have about a dozen places within 2 miles and a few of them are great for the thin pie I prefer.

I don't like thick dough pizza or overloaded soggy stuff. I'd take a good frozen over a bad fresh made (think Little Cesar's hot and ready to go )

#155 4 years ago

When it comes to frozen pizza sometimes less is more. Most do taste like cardboard so I stick with what I was raised on-Totino's Party Pizza (Hamburger is the best). I will even go further and dare to say that I like it better cold-like a day old sitting in the fridge. A Boboli-Bo

Party Pizza Hamburger.jpgParty Pizza Hamburger.jpg
    #156 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Is it worth $700? This looks great!

Rock box is not for frozen pizza but
    Yes, it’s the best in its class because it has a thermometer under the stone.
    The new Ooni Koda is very sexy and much cheaper.
    I’ve owned a Rocbox for 2 years and have useed the crap out of it.
    But these are pizza ovens are for cooking pizzzs with fresh made dough.
    Making the dough and the pizza takes a lot of practice! But I find it fun.
    Thay are also propane fueled and get extremely hot!

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

When it comes to frozen pizza sometimes less is more. Most do taste like cardboard so I stick with what I was raised on-Totino's Party Pizza (Hamburger is the best). I will even go further and dare to say that I like it better cold-like a day old sitting in the fridge. A Boboli-Bo[quoted image]

Tortinos pizzas are the bomb dot com!

#158 4 years ago

RVH Mind sharing your dough recipe? That pie looks delish and I can’t seem to find the perfect dough recipe.

#159 4 years ago

There is something so filthy, yet so right about Totinos. I have lived near Chicago my whole life and good pizza has been available always, yet there are times when you just want to deviate. The crust is amazing, almost deep fried and I don't care if the sausage is made of pure rat anus - it's tasty.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

There is something so filthy, yet so right about Totinos. I have lived near Chicago my whole life and good pizza has been available always, yet there are times when you just want to deviate. The crust is amazing, almost deep fried and I don't care if the sausage is made of pure rat anus - it's tasty.

Lol

The little square chunks of pepperoni is what i love. Best pepperoni around!

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

rvh Mind sharing your dough recipe? That pie looks delish and I can’t seem to find the perfect dough recipe.

Yeah I’ve worked 2 years and have made hundreds of pies it takes some work.
    I’m making three pizza doughs at a time and there good for a few days in the fridge
    I’m using the Rocbox on medium low warming it for an hour or more until the temp dial is just in the red.
    Also using caputo 00 flour because when is chars and gets that leoparding it dosent taste burnt.
    I’m also using fresh cake yeast and a starter I maintain.
    I’ll try to pm it to ya later when I’m home but I’ve learned a lot from
    YouTube’s Vito iacopelli.

Last nights pie
    C6E71CAA-162C-4CCA-8AE8-769FDCE26057 (resized).jpegC6E71CAA-162C-4CCA-8AE8-769FDCE26057 (resized).jpeg

#162 4 years ago

Stoufer's French Bread pizzas are absolute crap. Growing up eating them for 15+ years, I am here to tell you they are not that great at all.

I would strongly suggest this supreme pizza if you have not tried it:

Also comes in the 3 meats or 4 cheese variety. All three are fantastic and most are sold at Targets for around $6.
    11199-box-l (resized).png11199-box-l (resized).png11238-box-l (resized).png11238-box-l (resized).pnglarge_78838b0e-c2cb-4684-8201-aaafe72c93bf (resized).jpglarge_78838b0e-c2cb-4684-8201-aaafe72c93bf (resized).jpg

#163 4 years ago

Scouts always hit me up once a year for Joe Corbi pizzas. I always get the rectangular personal whole wheat ones. Not bad at all.

#164 4 years ago

I see your peasant frozen pizzas and I raise you...

https://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/Lou_Malnatis_Pizza

category_1_4967 (resized).jpgcategory_1_4967 (resized).jpg

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

I'm here to tell you that's good too. Pequod's is my favorite though.

This thread is about the best frozen pizza from a grocery store!

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

[quoted image]

Its $65 Bucks for 2 pizzas....

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Start your own thread, this is about the best frozen pizza man!

FatPanda never said the the frozen pizza has to come from a grocery store, just preferably. They ship it frozen and packaged just like any off the shelf pizza. I usually get a bulk order and stock my freezer.

#168 4 years ago

Tony’s commercial commodity pizza. I miss them from school and only businesses can buy them (for a reasonable price). The closest (if not the same) is Totino’s Party Pizza in pepperoni.

http://www.noshcookbook.com/2011/12/where-to-buy-rectangle-school-cafeteria.html

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

[quoted image]

They sell Geno's East Deepdish at my local Woodman's if I'm ever in the mood for Chicago Deepdish at home. It's quite reasonable in price compared to Malnati's. Usually for frozen pizza though I just want something quick.

GinosEast (resized).pngGinosEast (resized).png
    #170 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

They sell Geno's East Deepdish at my local Woodman's if I'm ever in the mood for Chicago Deepdish at home. It's quite reasonable in price compared to Malnati's. Usually for frozen pizza though I just want something quick.[quoted image]

Thanks, I will try these for certain. I can’t justify the price of the shipped frozen Lou M.’s pies though.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

This thread is about the best frozen pizza from a grocery store!

I had Pequad's for the first time a couple weeks ago, after an improv comedy show. That place was busy at 11:30pm on a Saturday night! It was good, but I'm not sure if I would wait an hour again for it. I might consider it during on "off-peak" meal time, like at 2 or 3 pm, but not if it's that busy.

Quoted from MikeS:

They sell Geno's East Deepdish at my local Woodman's if I'm ever in the mood for Chicago Deepdish at home. It's quite reasonable in price compared to Malnati's. Usually for frozen pizza though I just want something quick.[quoted image]

We've had this Gino's frozen, but it takes like 45 minutes to make. I'm all for <20 minutes for a decent frozen pie, under $10.

I'm still looking forward to the Stouffer's FBP. I never had the luxury as a kid, but now I'm an adult and get to make adult decisions

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Its $65 Bucks for 2 pizzas....

Ouch!

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I had Pequad's for the first time a couple weeks ago, after an improv comedy show. That place was busy at 11:30pm on a Saturday night! It was good, but I'm not sure if I would wait an hour again for it. I might consider it during on "off-peak" meal time, like at 2 or 3 pm, but not if it's that busy.

We've had this Gino's frozen, but it takes like 45 minutes to make. I'm all for &lt;20 minutes for a decent frozen pie, under $10.
    I'm still looking forward to the Stouffer's FBP. I never had the luxury as a kid, but now I'm an adult and get to make adult decisions

I grew up on Stouffers FBP as a kid..ah memories!

#174 4 years ago

I cant believe American Flatbread hasn't been brought up.. that or papa ginos!

am-flat-img_2150 (resized).jpgam-flat-img_2150 (resized).jpgginos (resized).pngginos (resized).png
    #175 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I cant believe American Flatbread hasn't been brought up.. that or papa ginos![quoted image][quoted image]

Can't say I've seen these available around me.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I will definitely make this! I've always wanted to try legit Detroit style pizza also. Gotta make it to Detroit for the real deal I suppose.

Loui's in Hazel Park Michigan has some of the best Detroit style pizza around (my favorite Detroit style). Buddys is another good choice here in Michigan, Shields too.

I went too far today with my pizza making. I made a BBQ chicken version of a Ginos East pizza today, 1lb of cheese, chicken, bacon, red onion, topped with Buffalo Wild Wings honey BBQ sauce. I ate half earlier in the day and just finished the other half. Need help, well Tums at least lol.

20190820_075316 (resized).jpg20190820_075316 (resized).jpg

#177 4 years ago

I got this at target, it was surprisingly great, and I love pizza.

E1AC5115-B2A3-44E3-A5DB-69CD4AFA6BEC (resized).jpegE1AC5115-B2A3-44E3-A5DB-69CD4AFA6BEC (resized).jpeg
    #178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Cauliflower crust pizza from Costco is actually pretty good.
    [quoted image]

Thats the only frozen pie I buy. I'm using in a toaster over and the topping gets a bit dried out since I like the crust crispy though and through. Any suggestions? I hate gummy pizza, especially in a restaurant. I used to have a pizza stone many years ago.

#179 4 years ago

This right here:
    Kirkland-Thin-Crust-Pepperoni-Pizza-13 (resized).jpgKirkland-Thin-Crust-Pepperoni-Pizza-13 (resized).jpg
    Downside, you have to buy four at a time, so make sure you have room in the freezer.

#181 4 years ago

Mean Jeans! That album is hilarious.

#182 4 years ago

Frozen Pizza???? This is a perfect example of stay at home extreeem laziness!!! YUK!!!!

#183 4 years ago

I tried the Stouffer's FBP last night, and I have to say, it wasn't terrible. I'm not sure I would go out of my way to add it to the cart every time, but it wasn't so bad that I didn't eat any of it. It wasn't anything special. It was a little "bready" but it's also a "french bread" pizza.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I got this at target, it was surprisingly great, and I love pizza.[quoted image]

I've seen this and will have to try it next time!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Loui's in Hazel Park Michigan has some of the best Detroit style pizza around (my favorite Detroit style). Buddys is another good choice here in Michigan, Shields too.
    I went too far today with my pizza making. I made a BBQ chicken version of a Ginos East pizza today, 1lb of cheese, chicken, bacon, red onion, topped with Buffalo Wild Wings honey BBQ sauce. I ate half earlier in the day and just finished the other half. Need help, well Tums at least lol.
    [quoted image]

Looks yummy! Eating half of it in one sitting though and you'll find me regretting my life decisions lol

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Frozen Pizza???? This is a perfect example of stay at home extreeem laziness!!! YUK!!!!

That was very helpful.... I am not sure which pizza you were suggesting though, you didn't mention it. I am not sure how frozen pizza=lazy. By the time the kids get home from school, finish homework, finish karate lessons, then finish basketball practice, and then you have 12 minutes before getting ready for bed, I think making a frozen pizza still doesn't qualify as lazy.

I am surprised to see how many Stouffer's and Totino's suggestions were on here. Both of those are my guilty pleasure pizzas, but I don't even think they are that good, I was raised on them though, so they are more of a comfort food.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I got this at target, it was surprisingly great, and I love pizza.[quoted image]

I tried this brand a few months ago and liked it!

#186 4 years ago

We get the box of 4 frozen cheese from costco and doctor them up.

Favorite topping: Artichokes. Dont barf, I love them.

#187 4 years ago
    2-1 (resized).jpg2-1 (resized).jpg
    #188 4 years ago

It's not frozen but next time you're in New York seek out Joe's Pizza as seen in Spider-Man 2.

https://spiderman-films.fandom.com/wiki/Joe%27s_Pizza

Very good.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Sliced cherry tomatoes FTW...[quoted image]

The pepperoni is sliced...the cherry toms are halved.

#190 4 years ago

Cauliflower pizza yummy.

#191 4 years ago

Got a shoutout on the Special When Lit podcast! Looking forward to the results of the pizza bracket lol

thanks Ken and Bill!

#192 4 years ago

I do make my own alot, but in terms of frozen?

There are 3 that come to mind.
    1) Stouffers french bread I used to love when I was younger and I still buy once in a while. However I got tired of the crust being so hard and dry.
    2) Screamin Sicilian is pretty tasty.
    3) But my perennial go to when I need something quick and tasty is Ellio's cheese. It's crazy I know but I just always gravitate to that. 425 in the toaster oven. I put shredded Sharp Cheddar on it as well. When it's done after about 10 min it comes out with a soft crust and cheesy top.

I've tried Red Baron...Don't like it.
    I've tried DeGiorno...Too doughy(thick) dry
    Sometimes...Celeste (not crazy about it)

Of course there are a few Pizza places that make awesome pizza but that's a different matter. Oh and don't even get me started on what a Hamburger pizza should be. I love hamburger pizza. Different states have different ideas of what that means.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Catch86:

Of course there are a few Pizza places that make awesome pizza but that's a different matter. Oh and don't even get me started on what a Hamburger pizza should be. I love hamburger pizza. Different states have different ideas of what that means.

I've had 2 types and I don't mind either, and have actually made both. The "traditional" type is tomato sauce as the base, mozz/cheddar mix (70:30 probably), finely ground beef, yellow onions, chopped bacon.

The other type I've made uses a ketchup/mustard (to taste) base, large chunks of ground beef (to simulate the patty), shredded mozz/cheddar (50:50), yellow onion, chopped bacon, chopped pickle spears. The key is not to use too much ketchup or it'll overpower the pizza. If you squirt on thin lines, (no need to spread) it works out well.

I know it sounds kinda wacky, but it's pretty tasty. Reserved for a thicker style crust that can hold all of the ingredients. The first type I make on a thin crust like most of my other pizzas.

1 week later
    #194 4 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Never had a Stouffer's (going to have to try now!)... But these are pretty damn good![quoted image]

Tried the Stouffer's the other day... Red Baron French Bread Pizzas are definitely better... a little bit pricier though.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Stouffers french bread[quoted image]

Red Baron I like much better in this box of two.

#196 4 years ago

Always liked these since I was young but hard to find. mama celeste frozen pizza.https://www.celestepizza.com/

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Donatos might be more of an Ohio thing -- their thin crust with edge to edge pepperoni has always been a favorite of mine.
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    Not frozen but my latest obsession has been the stone fired pizzas at a place called Rise Pies. . . I will often buy two and freeze one for later. I like pizza. [quoted image]

I've seen Donatos pizza out here in CA at some stores. Took a picture the first time as I hadn't seen the brand before...
    Donatos_Pizza (resized).JPGDonatos_Pizza (resized).JPG

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Always liked these since I was young but hard to find. mama celeste frozen pizza.https://www.celestepizza.com/

Abbondanza!

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

We get the box of 4 frozen cheese from costco and doctor them up.
    Favorite topping: Artichokes. Dont barf, I love them.

They're actually not that bad for a quick lunch item, but the crust is weird and un-pizza-y.

#200 4 years ago

Watching College Gameday this morning and saw this

20190831_080959.jpg20190831_080959.jpg
    There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-frozen-pizza/page/4?hl=illpoet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.