(Topic ID: 249495)

What is the best frozen pizza?

By FatPanda

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190912_150235 (resized).jpg
    5bfe78b996600 (resized).jpg
    c700x420 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    cWLBfd6ERSKz5JO9Ji7W_FK1A0811 (resized).jpg
    drafthaus (resized).JPG
    screamin (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190831_080959.jpg
    Donatos_Pizza (resized).JPG
    2-1 (resized).jpg
    Kirkland-Thin-Crust-Pepperoni-Pizza-13 (resized).jpg
    E1AC5115-B2A3-44E3-A5DB-69CD4AFA6BEC (resized).jpeg
    20190820_075316 (resized).jpg
    ginos (resized).png
    am-flat-img_2150 (resized).jpg
    There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 4 years ago

Home Run Inn.

https://www.homeruninnpizza.com/frozen-pizza/

Tried most of the others in this thread. Some are good (Stouffers French Bread). But HRI blows them all away.

FB22213F-7E13-4E97-96D8-91E5E4156645 (resized).jpegFB22213F-7E13-4E97-96D8-91E5E4156645 (resized).jpeg
    #52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Totino's party pizza.

This. Totino’s is the most consistently rewarding. Doesn’t try to be something it’s not.

#53 4 years ago
    54F92165-D032-4CBF-819E-99556985F265 (resized).jpeg54F92165-D032-4CBF-819E-99556985F265 (resized).jpeg
    #54 4 years ago

Whatever is on sale.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Stouffers french bread[quoted image]

The roof of my mouth has been burned many-a-time by those things.

#56 4 years ago

Okay...Pinside just went down hill if We're talking about frozen pizza!!!!

#57 4 years ago

With that being said....California Pizza Kitchen Margarita Pizza is the Best!

#58 4 years ago

When you've got 2 kids under 5, pizza is life.

#59 4 years ago

red barron

#60 4 years ago

From spain

Pizza20CT20Pollo20y20Bacon201 (resized).jpgPizza20CT20Pollo20y20Bacon201 (resized).jpg
    #61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Football season is almost upon us. Will begin experimenting with my pizza oven again. It's a lot of fun. Roccbox![quoted image]

Is it worth $700? This looks great!

#62 4 years ago

I've heard cheap frozen pizzas come out great in the Big Green Egg. I haven't tried it yet. Any comments?

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've had those Stouffers french bread pizzas, not bad, but their Lasagna is pure barf.

Bought a 4 pack of Lasagna back in April, 3 still in freezer. Gotta get that $%*# out tonight when I get home.

#64 4 years ago

You already have Pep's. Your search is at an end.

I prefer their Prohibition Special to the chicken though. The chicken is a bit greasy.

pepsdrafthaus.com/products/

The Screamin'Sicilian stuff is a nice box, but the couple I've tried were mediocre. They could spend more money on flavor and less on packaging.

Homerun Inn can be good as it's a bit different than your standard with how they melt the cheese. They got rid of my favorite flavor and so I have not bought as many of the brand lately.

#65 4 years ago

Digiorno Pizzeria pepperoni.

#66 4 years ago

Following. Low sodium options are even better!

#67 4 years ago

Anyone else like to add toppings? We always add some red onion, crumbled Italian sausage and more mozza.
    I prefer the thin/normal crust then the rising type varieties.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone else like to add toppings? We always add some red onion, crumbled Italian sausage and more mozza.
    I prefer the thin/normal crust then the rising type varieties.

All the time! We always have a cheese pizza tucked away in the freezer for that very reason

#70 4 years ago

Paul Newman’s. I can’t believe some of you eat some of the stuff posted in this thread.

#71 4 years ago

What is the best frozen pizza at Whole Foods?

#72 4 years ago

Been eating Tony's for the last 40+ years and never look back. Trust me!!

John

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

All the time! We always have a cheese pizza tucked away in the freezer for that very reason

Same here. It's my favorite drunk food! And walmart sells those 5 cheese for $3! How can you go wrong? Lol

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I order the taco pizza they used to serve us in school back in the day from gordons food service.

The stop sign shaped mexican pizza? I remember those and drenching it in ranch dressing during middle school. The regular pizza was square shaped.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

My family was loving the Newman’s frozen pizzas and now we aren’t. Definitely changed about 5 months ago. Stouffers definitely has its place. Too many of those shown here just horrify me. And I’m sorry, everyone’s got their own tastes, but anything Giordanos is a midwestern obscenity. Had to be said.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

this is gonna sound complicated but bear with me. freeze homemade pizza. i made these a couple weeks ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jT9fHgwnL/ three of them are still in the freezer. the cost per pizza? $1? These are the ones cooked in my kitchen oven. but if you get a specialty oven you can start cooking these: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk0of1PHE2n/ and these: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwFBy_aDhyQ/
    all the ingredients on those are available at your local grocery store.

These look great. PM sent.

#77 4 years ago

All you need is a microwave.

7eeeb33a-6287-40a8-9bef-a32e33a8c533_3.b3023db83c60a9e1491ce80abec37672.jpeg_odn (resized).jpg7eeeb33a-6287-40a8-9bef-a32e33a8c533_3.b3023db83c60a9e1491ce80abec37672.jpeg_odn (resized).jpg
    #78 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Any of these:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He said frozen not delivery !!!

#79 4 years ago

I'm not a big fan of frozen pizza, but this one is really good. Unfortunately, it's probably not available throughout the country. I also occasionally have a craving for good old Ellios.

20190815_210923 (resized).jpg20190815_210923 (resized).jpg
    #80 4 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

[quoted image]

Nice. Are those available in supermarkets? Giordano's or Lou M's is always on my list when I get to Chicago.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Nice. Are those available in supermarkets? Giordano's or Lou M's is always on my list when I get to Chicago.

Lou’s

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

He said frozen not delivery !!!

Not sure what you mean, they are all frozen pizzas.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Not sure what you mean, they are all frozen pizzas.

The commercial

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

The commercial

Thanks. I understand now.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

Totino's party pizza.

This is my favorite as well

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

[quoted image]

Is Giordano’s available in Virginia? I would not mind giving it a try on one of my good acid reflux days.

#87 4 years ago

Cauliflower crust pizza from Costco is actually pretty good.

9C0C1C97-1E16-477F-9CB7-50171B673146 (resized).jpeg9C0C1C97-1E16-477F-9CB7-50171B673146 (resized).jpeg

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

[quoted image]

I'm having a heart attack just looking at that. I need it.

#89 4 years ago

A bit healthier and pretty tasty my too

9FCAA522-220F-4E64-A3D4-097B7AA7CA5C (resized).jpeg9FCAA522-220F-4E64-A3D4-097B7AA7CA5C (resized).jpeg
    #90 4 years ago

If you live in the Midwest Menard's have Digornio's pizzas in their freezer section for a screamin' $5 each.

(just don't read the salt content)

#91 4 years ago

Sliced cherry tomatoes FTW...

large_fc6f24fc-6f9f-470c-bd99-a42f4e98708d (resized).jpglarge_fc6f24fc-6f9f-470c-bd99-a42f4e98708d (resized).jpg
    #92 4 years ago

The answer is simple: The best frozen pizza is whichever one you remembered to buy and put in your freezer BEFORE you went out drinking tonight. Anything else is just semantics.

#93 4 years ago

Another vote for Heggies!

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cudaman:

Another vote for Heggies!

I'll have to bring some home next time I'm in the Twin Cities. Gotta ask my brother-in-law about these.

#95 4 years ago

This is our normal...need something different every once in a while, but perfect for a late night munchie.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, sorry to admit that I have a lot of experience eating frozen pizzas. The best, hands down, happens to be the cheapest. It is Totino's square pizza. I don't know what it is, but it gives you the right about of softness, crunch, and grease without having to deal with crust. I always doctor it by throwing on some onions, peppers, and mushrooms.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I've heard cheap frozen pizzas come out great in the Big Green Egg. I haven't tried it yet. Any comments?

I have a round pizza stone for our Weber grill. Not quite a green egg, but it gets hot enough to make a nice crispy thin crust with a subtle charcoal flavor. It's good stuff and what I use during warmer months for homemade pizza. Otherwise, we have a square stone for our oven in the colder months.

20190605_175358 (resized).jpg20190605_175358 (resized).jpg
    #98 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I have a round pizza stone for our Weber grill. Not quite a green egg, but it gets hot enough to make a nice crispy thin crust with a subtle charcoal flavor. It's good stuff and what I use during warmer months for homemade pizza. Otherwise, we have a square stone for our oven in the colder months.[quoted image]

What do you use between the pizza dough and the stone as a loosening agent?

#99 4 years ago

One more vote for Heggie’s.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Screaming Sicilian

This is the correct answer..

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-frozen-pizza/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.