Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

Matchplay qualifying in 4 player groups for 6 rounds, one game each round. 7,5,3,1 scoring.

Have the top half make finals. Do rounds of 3-4 games in the finals where the top two from each 4 some advance until there’s a final 4. Then one last round to decide the winner.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

too much time wasted on down time and reorganizing players.
    If you are looking for efficiency that wont be very efficient.

For 20-25 players I find it very efficient. 6 hour tournament. Just another option for him to consider.

Imo your example sacrifices too much fun for more efficiency.

#20 6 years ago

Who inputs the scores from qualifying? How are scores tracked? Written down first then entered later?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Premade out paper scoring sheets. TD and now a days, a few helpers, pitch in and enter scores into cpu.
    I verify all scores before playoffs start. If players help out and enter scores when waiting then that part goes really fast.

I did a similar format for the first year or so of running events in Cincy. I ultimately stopped because of this part and because the locals didn’t care for the format anymore. I would go back to it now and again if the process was easier.

Everyone here knows how to use matchplay now and we are always just a few clicks away from starting the next round.

One event that I’ve been doing is have a timed matchplay.

Do matchplay for 2-3 hours then at the end do finals like yours (well maybe 4 games instead of 7). Decent points that route too.

#27 6 years ago

I’ve done the strikes critical hit for 12 people. I basically made my own rules up for passing out the cards and how you acquired more.

It was tons of fun and probably half the people were non pinheads. They loved it.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

nice.
    How many people will 1 deck support?

Plenty for 12 people. I think there are around 60 cards in one deck.

If over 20 people it’s been suggested to me to used two decks. You could adjust the distribution rules to make one deck work for 20 plus I would think though.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Can these decks be used as part of an IFPA event?
    Seems to me like they would be allowed as skill can still overcome and luck imparted by the cards. Thinking it would be fun to try out a deck sooner rather than later and I have a few more IFPA events on the books in the coming 2 months.

Yeah. There’s a set of ifpa approved cards. Use those only and you’re good.

#36 6 years ago

Yes. You will just take out the unapproved cards.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-format-to-aquire-more-ifpa-points?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.