Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Boatcat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0125.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

What are the best and worst Baseball Theme EM's? Any opinions on the better Baseball Theme EM's would be welcome. I am thinking of getting one.

Thanks,
    Tom

#2 9 years ago

Big Hit comes to mind. Or how about a nice Pitch & Bat. Theres a lot of great ones.

#3 9 years ago

I picked up a 1970 Gottlieb Baseball about a year ago from a fellow Pinsider for my folks. Cabinet art isn't the best but Playfield and Backglass both look great and are hard to mistake for anything other than baseball. 2 flippers, 2 pops, 2 slingshots, 2 standup targets, and 2 vari-targets for determining basehits. Playfield and Backglass both track your players round the bases. Game scores points as well as runs. Gottlieb bells sound really nice. Best part is the vari-targets.

Fun game, folks love it, brothers and I usually focus on runs when trying to best each other.

Only negative feedback is on the tiny flippers which are hard to get used to if you aren't.

Luck.
    (Add-a-ball version is "Batter Up")

#4 9 years ago

Big Hit is a lot of fun and fairly easy to find. Very under-rated game and every time you hit a home run, the bell gongs and it is right at front of cabinet!

Baseball 1970 is a lot of fun as well but art isn't great. It is a real fun player though.

#6 9 years ago

Don't forget the Gottlieb woodrail titles. "Hit 'n' Run", "Sluggin' Champ", and "Grand Slam" are all good ones.

#7 9 years ago

Yep Joe, good callout on Hit and Run and Grand Slam... both very good titles... have never played Sluggin Champ.

#8 9 years ago

IMHO, if you're comparing 60's and 70's GTB games Big Hit seems to be the best pick because of the better rule set. Also, the drop targets award an alternating special when one or both banks are down - they reset after special is achieved and after each ball if I remember correctly (game is gone). Just be careful, the vari-target is the sucker shot on this game. If you're trying to rack up points go for the drops!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Just be careful, the vari-target is the sucker shot on this game.

true... but is feels SO good to bury those vari-targets all the way...

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

true... but is feels SO good to bury those vari-targets all the way...

True, burying the vari-target has got to be one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. I tried to do it several times a week in my high school days on a Pro Football at the local bowling alley.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

True, burying the vari-target has got to be one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. I tried to do it several times a week in my high school days on a Pro Football at the local bowling alley.

i still do try it... and so VERY rarely actually do it... the "drain to bury" ratio is VERY high...

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

And even more awarding on Big Indian/Brave: 5000 points + 5 Bonus Advances @ 2X Bonus on last ball = 15,000 Big Ones!

Certainly worth the Risk.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Yep Joe, good callout on Hit and Run and Grand Slam... both very good titles... have never played Sluggin Champ.

I just played one about a week ago. At first it was for sale, but now the guy wants to keep it. It was very nice. I did nab an "Ace High" from him though!

#14 9 years ago

Batter up...1970 add a ball game from Gottlieb. Nothing like knocking it up the chute for a home run!IMG_0125.JPGIMG_0125.JPG

#16 9 years ago

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

#17 9 years ago

If you're a fan of 3" flippers, "Playball" may be the better choice over "Baseball," which is close to the same playfield design but with 2" flippers. "Big Hit" is worth taking a look at also, as it has a bit more to do along with runs and overall score. All 3 are good games.

Personally, I prefer the '53 Grand Slam, very colorful, great backglass, wooden leg feel, and plenty to do, but I can understand why most would shy away from the flipper config.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-em-baseball-theme-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.