(Topic ID: 243463)

What is the best early SS pinball machine and why?

By Dantesmark

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15f4aa1cfbb3c74103795de38ba4b4deb3d0f14b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Sorry... im lazy.

How dare you start a topic on a forum instead of looking for years old threads that haven't been used in several months /s

back to topic, I love Harlem Globetrotters. It's affordable, has in-lane drop targets, three (!) spinners, a gate, and the split flippers. It challenges a player to utilize a lot of the playfield.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

I can vote with the two I own-
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Playboy
    Not going to argue game play and gimmicks and features. To me these represent very early examples and both hit it out of the park on the art/theme integration.
    I like playing both- I dont worry much about depth. Pinball should ge fast and fun and over. Not a fan of 20 minute games and these fit that to a T.

Quick ball times is why I'll bring my Dolly Parton around to kick some ass. Even set to 5-ball and with a 4-player group, the game is over within 20 minutes.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

No love for Circus, Com'on, plenty to do. Drop targets, roto targets; spinner; kick out hole for bonus; upper set of flippers and two half loops one each side; fantastic art and before you say it, yes, 1980 sounds. Have mine set a six degrees and it is a blast to say the least.

I love the variety of Circus, but the only version I played had the most god awful sounds I have ever heard. Genie sounds awesome and Circus makes my ears want to bleed.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

i too like HGTT
    but doesnt agree your last sentence : if you want to simply make points (tournaments), go all day for the right lane drops targets, and its done...

Well after the drops you work the spinner and top saucer. Then you get to recover as the ball comes out of the pops and bonus advance spinners.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

# 3 who plays pinball outside?

Ballers

15f4aa1cfbb3c74103795de38ba4b4deb3d0f14b (resized).jpg15f4aa1cfbb3c74103795de38ba4b4deb3d0f14b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-early-ss-pinball-machine-and-why?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.