(Topic ID: 226841)

What is the best cellular trail camera for my rental storage shed?

By c508

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by c508
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I’ve finally run out of room and am renting a storage shed from a reputable local self storage business. They have cameras going in and out of the facility, but not in the buildings.

Being as paranoid as I am, I would like to put a cellular trail/game cam in my unit so when it is broken into I have notification as well as a picture of the perp and stronger basis for my insurance claim (or for a fun small claims suit if nosy employees decide to “take a look”).

Any recommendations?

My budget is $500. Thanks for the advice.

#2 5 years ago

Anyone?

#3 5 years ago

My father in law has the Arlo cams at his house. Motion sensitive and with video and audio. Not sure about price. Good luck.

#4 5 years ago

Is there power available within the unit? Around here storage units commonly have no power available inside - not even lighting if it is an external opening unit.

#5 5 years ago

Yeah I have WiFi and wired cams at my house but this is at a public storage place 3 miles away so I need cellular since they have no WiFi and figured hunting cams might be the way to go?

Didn’t realize ARLO has an LTE plan, thanks for the tip. Am looking at some reviews now (and this is about $170 cheaper than the dedicated trail cams I saw at Bass Pro, Cabela’s etc.).

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Is there power available within the unit? Around here storage units commonly have no power available inside - not even lighting if it is an external opening unit.

The trail cams (and ARLOs) all have lengthy battery life since they are motion activated and have burst as well as video settings (and in this case would only activate after someone opens storage unit door, not from bright sun or shadows or trees waving in breeze).

#7 5 years ago

Check to make sure a cell signal can actually penetrate into the building. Because of the materials storage facilities are built out of, they sometimes do a good job at blocking signals.

#8 5 years ago

Yeah I wondered about that... will buy on Amazon and return if it (and a range extender / signal booster) doesn’t work. My iPhone works from inside the unit so I am hopefull.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-cellular-trail-camera-for-my-rental-storage-shed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.