(Topic ID: 211132)

What is the best 2 Stern games since the year 2000?

By Who-Dey

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled135 (resized).jpg
supreme (resized).jpg
internet troll (resized).jpg

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

This thread needs a poll otherwise its "Hey, lets list every game Stern has made since 2000..."

Striker Extreme - the oft forgotten masterpiece.

#152 6 years ago

Not really a STERN but hey I would have voted this absolute pearler.
Beautiful ON or OFF ! Melluns

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Asking for only two best pins is like asking who someone's two favorite children are. I find that though my top five is stable, the games tend to move around within my top five over time depending upon my mood and what I'm playing most lately:
1 - IM
2 - Tron
Closing Fast! 3 - BM66
Honorable Mention: 4 & 5 - TWD & Sopranos

Nah not really. I would never ask anyone who their favorite kid is lol. Its just a fun discussion anyway and i wanted to see what peoples opinions were. I originally said my favorites are TWD and MET in that order but after playing alot of MET Premium, im seriously considering putting it in my #1 spot over TWD. Metallica is a total blast to play.

#154 6 years ago

LOTR
TSPP

But MET and TWD are way up there too.

#155 6 years ago

I agree 100 percent.

LOTR and STPP.

That said, SM, ST, Tron, and MET are solid games as well.

#157 6 years ago

Tron
Ironman

#158 6 years ago

TWD is my favorite pin of all time. Can’t see ever getting rid of it. I have traded away Met, AC/DC, LOTR and thought they were good pins but I don’t really miss them. Would only get them back if it was a deal I couldn’t refuse. I currently have SM and Sopranos. Again, good pins but I would trade them if something else came along. So I guess I have yet to find my 2nd favorite Stern. But I really want to try GOT.

#159 6 years ago
#162 6 years ago

Lotr
Tron

(I am obviously biased as both are in my collection but for the reason I believe they are two of the best pins out there)

#163 6 years ago

1. Met (Pro or Premium)
2. Star Wars Premium / LE

#164 6 years ago

Without a doubt. NFS in my house.

1. Met (Pro or Premium)
2. Star Wars Premium / LE

#165 6 years ago

a lot more TSPP and Sopranos than I expected.

#166 6 years ago

I would say it just depends on what day it is for me

TWD gets top vote but I play BM66 all the time now

I’ve owned LotrLe and SM, liked em and sold em

Same thing with AC/DC played it, liked it and now it’s gone

ASLE and GBLE are keepers right now

I really want a nice TSPP at some point

Way too many good ones to decide!

#167 6 years ago

Metallica and Tron.

#168 6 years ago

TSPP and AC/DC

#170 6 years ago

You REALLY love that fan layout!

#171 6 years ago

TWD Premium
MET Premium

GB Premium isn't that far behind

SW Premium is REALLY fun too, but I've only got 3 days on it so far. It's still in the honeymoon stage

#172 6 years ago

Lord of the Rings
Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

I can't see either of these ones ever leaving my collection.

#173 6 years ago

TWD & AC/DC

#174 6 years ago

Guilty as charged.

#175 6 years ago

1.Met 2.ST Star Wars pre. TWD pre. AC/DC Pre. Close behind as of today but could change any time.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

1.Met 2.ST Star Wars pre. TWD pre. AC/DC Pre. Close behind as of today but could change any time.

MET, TWD, LOTR, and TSPP seem to be getting the most love but I haven’t actually counted the votes. Tron is doing well also.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MET, TWD, LOTR, and TSPP seem to be getting the most love but I haven’t actually counted the votes. Tron is doing well also.

IM is getting some love too...more than I thought it would.

#178 6 years ago

Difficult question, but four games crowd the top of the heap. Themewise it depends on how you prefer spending your time. If you expect to play a lot of the game, you will become immersed in that little world. You should choose your pin partially based on what you want to be surrounded by. I like the Simpsons and Walking Dead and Lord of the Rings and Metallica so that helps focus my answers.

Stern's best pinball machines since 2000 (or before):

Best -
TSPP
TWD

next Best -
LOTR
MET

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

IM is getting some love too...more than I thought it would.

IM is a sweet game. Id buy one if i could find a nice one at a good price probably.

#181 6 years ago

imo....Stern's Top 3:
Best: AC/DC (prem/le), LoTR, Met (prem/le)
Most over-rated: TRON LE, TSPP, Star Trek
Most under-rated: WoF, Kiss (prem/le), Avatar

#182 6 years ago

TWD
MET

Just my opinion...

#183 6 years ago

LOTR
TSPP

AC/DC honorable mention

#184 6 years ago

I love how everyone is trying to turn this into a top 2 + 2 or top 5. Top 2 games since 2000 folks!

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I love how everyone is trying to turn this into a top 2 + 2 or top 5. Top 2 games since 2000 folks!

Lol yeah that is true! There’s quite a few good games out there and its hard to pick just two, but thats kind of the whole point of the thread. Its all good though, its still a fun thread. It kinda looks like LOTR or TSPP would be good Vault Editions though.

#186 6 years ago

1. TWD
2. TRON
3. AC/DC
4. MET
5. BM66
6. WPT
7. ST
8. LOTR
9. TSPP
10. X-MEN and very last...GB

#187 6 years ago

untitled135 (resized).jpguntitled135 (resized).jpg

#188 6 years ago

The best stern game is in the eye of the beholder.... personally wwe and ghostbusters for me. Love the themes

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That's because when you really look at it stern has made a ton of killer games inspite of all the hate they get on pinside. No game is for everyone but most people are going to enjoy many of Stern's titles

Lotr
Tspp
Wpt
SM
Tron
IM
Met
ACDC
GB
TWD
AS
BM66
SW

Are all well rated and for the most part well liked. There's another 5-6 games in the next tier down that are also really fun.

#191 6 years ago

TSPP
SOP

#192 6 years ago

Really needed a poll

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

1. TWD
2. TRON
3. AC/DC
4. MET
5. BM66
6. WPT
7. ST
8. LOTR
9. TSPP
10. X-MEN and very last...GB

Fixed it for you:

1. TWD
2. TRON

#195 6 years ago

I want some Stern vaults that can compete the with WPC vaults... so its obvious:

Tron
LOTR

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Most under-rated: WoF, Kiss (prem/le), Avatar

I agree with the other games in your post but the most underrated Stern's are probably Sharky's Shootout and Mustang. There is a lot of love for Kiss. Avatar and WOF are just weak sauce.

#197 6 years ago

As of today I would go with and have:

Game of Thrones
Metallica

As soon as I think I like one better than the other I realize they are 2 different types of games that compliment each other nicely.

#198 6 years ago

The 2 I have had the most fun playing

Xmen LE
The Rolling Stones ....yes ....the Stones

#199 6 years ago

Tspp
LOTR

But did not try met, GB, twd or acdc ..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-2-stern-games-since-the-year-2000/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.