(Topic ID: 211132)

What is the best 2 Stern games since the year 2000?

By Who-Dey

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled135 (resized).jpg
supreme (resized).jpg
internet troll (resized).jpg

There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

GoT is great. I get how you can be less than excited by just going for Martell every time, but the shots are great and it's pretty dang fun cranking up that multiplier during a good mode/multiball stack. I don't know that I would put it in the top tier of Stern games, but it's a lot of fun.

GOT is definitely alot of fun. I hate using the flow word but it has great flow (pro model anyway) and it has cool ramps, the dragon shot, a spinner, great light show, deep rules, and its super fun and challenging. Whats not to love? I give GOT 2 thumbs up!

#102 6 years ago

Since 2000, had to go back a bit. They have had a lot of good ones.

I'll say Met and RBION followed by The Sopranos..

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

LOTR seems like a popular choice. Its would make a great Vault Edition.

Meh, I dunno. I LOVED the game and owned it a few times, but I played it again recently and the magic seems to have diminished over time, maybe due to all the newer pins I've played that are just as objective based but less clunky. It just wasn't the same - but it's still better than The Hobbit.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What day you about Aerosmith and Ghostbusters?

They are both great and both keepers, just not top 2 games. GB i think could have made that top 2 maybe with a couple design changes. I still consider the Premium/LE model one of Sterns top games when set up right.

#105 6 years ago

RBION for sure
Tough pick for #2....probably Tron barely over MET

#106 6 years ago

This thread needs a poll otherwise its "Hey, lets list every game Stern has made since 2000..."

#107 6 years ago

I like GB a lot as well, I just don't think it's in the top tier.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

This thread needs a poll otherwise its "Hey, lets list every game Stern has made since 2000..."

Then it would just be "why the hell is ___ not an option this thread sucks" etc

EDIT: And also there's no way around everyone listing whatever

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I like GB a lot as well, I just don't think it's in the top tier.

It's every bit as good as UT is at football

#110 6 years ago

I think the answer you all are looking for is Supreme. Any game that looks like a peppermint is going to be superior.

supreme (resized).jpgsupreme (resized).jpg

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's every bit as good as UT is at football

We're a basketball school now. Swept your cats...and you know Caliperi has been cheating.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think the answer you all are looking for is Supreme. Any game that looks like a peppermint is going to be superior.

OMG Please lol

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

We're a basketball school now. Swept your cats...and you know Calliperi has been cheating.

If that one of those appetizers of fried squid pieces?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

We're a basketball school now. Swept your cats...and you know Calliperi has been cheating.

You mean just like UT’s former coach? I guess Cal is better at hiding his cheating than Pearl is.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

for me, TWD gets the #1 spot by a mile. It is so good. Then MET and after that there is a bunch of solid games lumped together. LOTR, ST, Tron, ACDC, GB, TSPP.

TWD is my favorite pin ever (at the moment haha) and I have never seen the show. TRON would be #3 for me. I really hope a vault is released sometime soon.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You mean just like UT’s former coach? I guess Cal is better at hiding his cheating than Pearl is.

All his hair gel makes him slippery.

Pearl hasn't been the coach since 2010-2011 season. UT hasn't been implicated. Kentucky has. I would hope we'd have better recruiting if we had been cheating.

#117 6 years ago

Take it to the basketball thread guys.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Take it to the basketball thread guys.

It's my fault, I poked him about his crappy Vols and caused a redneck state showdown.

#119 6 years ago

2007 Spiderman and Star wars Le

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's my fault, I poked him about his crappy Vols and caused a redneck state showdown.

You just can't pass up an opportunity to hate on GB because you can't make a shot in that game. It's like watching Tom Brady trying to catch that pass in the Superbowl.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

You just can't pass up an opportunity to hate on GB because you can't make a shot in that game. It's like watching Tom Brady trying to catch that pass in the Superbowl.

I really like Ghostbusters. It's challenging and humbling, but when you blow it up, it's incredibly satisfying. They just need to give it that final code update and score balancing to really make it shine.

#122 6 years ago

Met, star trek

#123 6 years ago

Best 2:

Tron
The Walking Dead

Contenders:

Metallica
Star Trek
Simpson's Pinball Party

#124 6 years ago

Gb
Acdc

#125 6 years ago

Hell yeah we finally got a vote for Ghostbusters!!

#126 6 years ago

Feels like I’ve answered this same question several times on here. LOTR and METALLICA.

#128 6 years ago

TSPP has to be in the list for complete package.

Today, TSPP would be a Supra-Supreme-Intergalactic-Ultra-Limited-Deluxe Edition.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

All his hair gel makes him slippery.
Pearl hasn't been the coach since 2010-2011 season. UT hasn't been implicated. Kentucky has. I would hope we'd have better recruiting if we had been cheating.

Haha. Yeah that one dinner really put UK over the top for getting Knox. Can’t wait for the SEC tournament. Hoping UK gets another crack at the Vols.

#130 6 years ago

twd
lotr
potc
acdc

#131 6 years ago

Met Prem
GB

Quoted from Wickedbass:

GOT/pre/le Why doesnt this game get more love?

I didn't like GOT the first 20 times i played it...boring shoots, obits and two ramps over and over again...Zzz... I had to read through the rules, play all the houses, figure out a strategy, explore the code, make it to HOTK a few times before i started to enjoy the game. Now i own one and think its a great game. Is it in the top 2, not so much but edging into the top 5 Sterns. Nothing on the PF grabs you and pulls you in, you have to explore the game as an journey. That really doesn't work for a route pin...

#132 6 years ago

WNBJM
and

Nascar

#133 6 years ago

KISS
AC/DC

KISS is seriously underrated!

#134 6 years ago

TWD
ACDC

Followed closely by
MET

#135 6 years ago

AC/DC is the best flow game, TSPP is the best achievements and code game.

Honourable mention to World Poker Tour as the most underrated of the entire Stern lineup.

#136 6 years ago

1/ IM
Not the deepest and the nicest Stern but it's fast, fun and my favorite of all time. I love Do or die and Jericho, and multiballs are great. IM is just perfect in every way. For me. With my custom code. And a waxed playfield. And a shaker and big sub. And of course volume maxed out
2/ MET/TWD
TWD code is the greatest ever created. Too much cheap drains gets in my nerve sometimes, but a good game is really intense and satisfying.
I find the MET code simple and not really deep. Hurry ups -> Multiballs -> CIU-> rinse and repeat. But it's a really fun and nice machine.
3/ LOTR
LOTR in one word? Masterpiece. I love fast and short games but if i find a nice one i think i will buy it again

#137 6 years ago

MET / LOTR

...but I honestly don't have all that much time on most newer Stern games.

#138 6 years ago

I hope that the OP is keeping a tally of the votes.

#140 6 years ago

It can switches out over the years, but currently-
SW
SM

One's that have been in the top two in the past -
ST
IM
ACDC

Getting a MET this weekend on a temp trade though. Cant wait to dig in and see where she stacks up.

#141 6 years ago

Dead Pool
Iron Maiden

#142 6 years ago

I'm still waiting.......

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Met Prem
GB

I didn't like GOT the first 20 times i played it...boring shoots, obits and two ramps over and over again...Zzz... I had to read through the rules, play all the houses, figure out a strategy, explore the code, make it to HOTK a few times before i started to enjoy the game. Now i own one and think its a great game. Is it in the top 2, not so much but edging into the top 5 Sterns. Nothing on the PF grabs you and pulls you in, you have to explore the game as an journey. That really doesn't work for a route pin...

This makes sense

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

AC/DC is the best flow game, TSPP is the best achievements and code game.
Honourable mention to World Poker Tour as the most underrated of the entire Stern lineup.

+1

I was thinking of ACDC + LOTR as a nice complementary pair, but ACDC + TSPP should be great as well.
And +1 as well for WPT getting an honorable mention - I love mine, but I can't claim it's a top 2 Stern...

#145 6 years ago

MET/BM66. underrated since 2000 RBION/MUSTANG.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Dead Pool
Iron Maiden

God those are so old now I'm sick of playing them. I have them folded up next to my jaws.

#147 6 years ago

TSPP. Everyone loves that game even if your not a simpsons fan

#149 6 years ago

Asking for only two best pins is like asking who someone's two favorite children are. I find that though my top five is stable, the games tend to move around within my top five over time depending upon my mood and what I'm playing most lately:

1 - IM
2 - Tron

Closing Fast! 3 - BM66

Honorable Mention: 4 & 5 - TWD & Sopranos

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-2-stern-games-since-the-year-2000/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.