• ST 75 votes
    24%
  • GOT 27 votes
    8%
  • SW 29 votes
    9%

(318 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Looking forward to the unlicensed Steve Richie game. What a career in pinball, and hopefully it won’t be his last.

If you had to pick one modern Stern that will ultimately sit at the table with his best, which one would it be and why?

#2 1 year ago

They are all really good but I had to go with Spiderman .

#3 1 year ago

I like SW more now but Spidermande` is so good i gotta give the respect to that.

#5 1 year ago

AC/DC gets my vote. It's my favorite pin in my collection.

#6 1 year ago

Who in the hell voted for 24?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Kiefer was drunk per usual probably.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

AC/DC gets my vote. It's my favorite pin in my collection.

Thought AC/DC may be etched in stone, but you just never know.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

His next one.
LTG : )

I’d be good with that too!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

His next one.
LTG : )

Oh my heaven's if there's "math scoring" in it the tears are gonna flow around here.
God please let it be.

#11 1 year ago

The ones with dwight on code!! *fingers crossed they collabo on the next one too*

#12 1 year ago

a bit sad to see T3 with 0 vote
than i'll go for it... of course considering it is what it is, can't compare T3 with more recent STERN pins, having games/rules more deep...

else i would have choosen ST

#13 1 year ago

As an owner of SM and ST, I really like the rules on SM, but the shots on ST are slightly better. I went with ST as Steve had more to do with the shots vs code.

#14 1 year ago

Steve's best game is STTNG

Steve's prettiest game is ST LE

Steve's best Stern is Star Wars followed very closely by Spiderman

-By the way I did not vote 24, but I think 24 is a great game and is more fun to play for me than AC/DC
different strokes for different folks.

#15 1 year ago

These are all great games....
But, i havent and wont buy any of them. The themes avove have never appealed to me enough to drop money on them. I was really looking forward to SW and he did a great job on it.
Looking forward to his next.

#16 1 year ago

2 games.
Long ball....SM
Quick game....GOT

#17 1 year ago

STTNG
HS Not even in the poll??? A true classic.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

STTNG
HS Not even in the poll??? A true classic.

In ops defense, he's asking for Steve's best Stern design in the poll (which is AC/DC by the way ).

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I did. I got mine due to its rarity having not played it in 7 years. It has surprisingly good shots. Not saying it is a top ten game, but it is fun and I happen to like it.

#20 1 year ago

Head says AC/DC, heart says World Poker Tour.

#21 1 year ago

AC/ DC. And Terminator 3

#22 1 year ago

The correct answer is Spider-Man. Specifically in the Vault form. Please correct your answers accordingly.

#23 1 year ago

Easily spiderman for me. Star trek (spiderman 2) is a close second. However, I am not a Steve Ritchie fan. I only really like a few of his games from any era. He's not even my favorite designer with the name Ritchie.

#24 1 year ago

Or STTNG 2, or high Speed 3... etc

#25 1 year ago

SM, but I still love a perfectly functioning Black Knight.

#26 1 year ago

ACDC is buttery smooth with great code that spreads out the shots. No difficult shots, and everything is backhand-able.

ST is another winner. The warp shot is awesome-o.

T3 is great because it’s one of the few games with 3 main ramps. Nothing groundbreaking, just another good layout from the King of Flow.

#28 1 year ago

While AC/DC (aka Star Wars - T2) is good, I'd go with SM. Long ball times, but that game is a dream shooter.

#29 1 year ago

Well, brought out a few more WPT and 24 fans, that’s all that matters.
Thanks all for chiming in!

#30 1 year ago

Spiderman then Star Trek. Ritchie's best pin ever is STTNG. No ifs, buts, or maybes! It is, solid fact!

#31 1 year ago

Star trek for overall layout, but the game is just average due to code and kind of flat feeling.

Game of thrones not as good of a layout but a better coded game. His best IMO

#32 1 year ago

I can’t decide but love the great flow in most of his games, just feels right in Spider-Man and Star Trek and even Elvis.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The correct answer is Spider-Man. Specifically in the Vault form. Please correct your answers accordingly.

you mean in original form!

#34 1 year ago

ST for me. It's so much fun to shoot.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Spiderman then Star Trek. Ritchie's best pin ever is STTNG. No ifs, buts, or maybes! It is, solid fact!

Best DMD maybe. If you asked me to play 10 games in a row I'd take high speed over it every time, and I love STTNG.

#36 1 year ago

Star wars, it is the perfect combo and feel of the hybrid child of AC/DC (without the canon blocking the right outer lane) and GOT. The rules are probably the best ever coded. It is pinball on crack with the multiplier button action and location for big points. If you don't enjoy it, you probably don't like a challenge.

#37 1 year ago

I think Spider-Man is the best overall package. I do need to get some more time on AC/DC though. At this point I do not have a great understanding of the rules.

#38 1 year ago

I've owned SW, SM, ST, and GOT. once you upgrade the soundtrack to the movie score, ST absolutely rocks.

#39 1 year ago

All good games but my favorite is AC/DC.

#40 1 year ago

1 - AC/DC
2 - Spider-Man (original, Vault can GTFO with its shit voices)
3 - Elvis

The rest I’m fine never playing again.

#41 1 year ago

I maybe in the minority here, but I feel AC/DC, while being very fun with superior code isn't his most inspired layout by a long shot. Judging purely on layout, the actual playfield design, I wouldn't put it in his top five. That being said, the game is flat out fun so I see why people like it so much.

#42 1 year ago

How am I on an island with WPT. Most unique of his designs, hard game to play, Keefer ruleset.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I maybe in the minority here, but I feel AC/DC, while being very fun with superior code isn't his most inspired layout by a long shot. Judging purely on layout, the actual playfield design, I wouldn't put it in his top five. That being said, the game is flat out fun so I see why people like it so much.

Honestly, you're right. AC/DC has a pretty straight forward.. even somewhat simple, playfield design layout. Lyman Sheets coding plays big time into it being my favorite Steve Richie Stern pin. Those guys as a team just knocked that pin out of the park IMHO. I'd love to see more Richie/Sheets collaborations.

#44 1 year ago

I've had all these games with the exception of T3, WPT, and Elvis

AC/DC is the only one remaining....All the others were fun, but got old for me...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside