Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern LE.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    Theatremagicwand.JPG
    DavidCopperfieldakaTheatreofmagic.JPG
    Copperfieldcabartwork.JPG
    image-675.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Tell you one thing, it seems as though every other Pinsider complains about code not being completed fast enough.
    With the release of an occasional vault addition, Stern has 1 fewer pin to tie up their programmers.
    It stands to reason that there's no new R&D to do for the vault editions, so it's more profitable and it keeps the assembly line humming along.
    I'd like to have 6 new machines each year to choose from but I'll be happy to have only 2 if it means Stern is stronger financially.

I was actually thinking the ONE good thing from a vault edition would be a new code release and they would fix a few of the existing code issues in the game if they were going to sell a few hundred more of them. But you're probably right.

Stern is not going down to 2 machines a year to make more money. They're going down because I think they do a good analysis of the market and realize their share of the market will shrink slightly (with the other competitors coming out). If they can sell a few less games but for more money (8k or so) then they can still make a good profit at least. I think they'll also be expanding their business in other areas including redemption games (as others have noted before) to grow their business. Just my 2 cents.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-stern-building?tu=CraZ4Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.