Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern LE.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    Theatremagicwand.JPG
    DavidCopperfieldakaTheatreofmagic.JPG
    Copperfieldcabartwork.JPG
    image-675.jpg
    There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 9 years ago

Anyone know what, if anything, is currently on Sterns line at this moment?

#2 9 years ago

Something other than MMRLE I know that now.

#3 9 years ago

Are they done with IMVE?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Are they done with IMVE? V

My understanding is they have been for some time, more than two weeks in fact.

#5 9 years ago

ACDC Pro LED? I have no idea really...just throwing it out there.

--Luke

#6 9 years ago

I hear it smells like rotting flesh in there.............

#7 9 years ago

ITT: Speculation - I'll add mine - Avatar Promium

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Nope.

More like febreeze.

#9 9 years ago

The Walking Dead VE, just to have some ready when it is time to release the vault edition of that game.

#10 9 years ago

I know they were building Star Trek's last week. Since i just got mine today and it was built August 7th, 2014.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

ITT: Speculation - I'll add mine - Avatar Promium

I'd actually be down for that.

#12 9 years ago

PPS posted Stern will start work on MM in Sep till then IMVE ?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Unless it's coming from Gary's 50 microwaves, not quite yet.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

PPS posted Stern will start work on MM in Sep till then IMVE ?
    http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

Nope. IMVE is done. I think the acdc pro led edition is probably it. I had forgotten about it.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope. IMVE is done. I think the acdc pro led edition is probably it. I had forgotten about it.

Yep. Stern will have the assembly lines churning for next few weeks, then it's MMR time.

I'm glad they're busy and doing what it takes to make money.

#16 9 years ago

My MET LED Pro or my unannounced title.

(Soon to be line)

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Yep. Stern will have the assembly lines churning for next few weeks, then it's MMR time.
    I'm glad they're busy and doing what it takes to make money.

Agree but I'm super disappointed stern is moving to a two new machine release per year schedule. I really hoped for three releases this year. I'm glad I was finally able to get a NIB IM though so I don't have room to complain much.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agree but I'm super disappointed stern is moving to a two new machine release per year schedule.

Do we know this is actually true and that 2014 isn't just unique?

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Do we know this is actually true and that 2014 isn't just unique?

2013 was two new releases as well: Met and ST. So it has happened two years in a row...

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agree but I'm super disappointed stern is moving to a two new machine release per year schedule

And I am happy about that. The last few new games have been much better and deeper playing games.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

2013 was two new releases as well: Met and ST. So it has happened two years in a row...

Avengers was Jan 2013

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Avengers was Jan 2013

Nope, Dec '12…squeeked by right in time for Xmas

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agree but I'm super disappointed stern is moving to a two new machine release per year schedule.

I'd be good with it if that extra time meant the games were launching with more complete code and more polished art and designs. I get the sense that 3 a year is really rushing things.

#25 9 years ago

If we get much more developed code on release, 2 games a year + a VE is fine by me.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And I am happy about that. The last few new games have been much better and deeper playing games.

Yup, the Mustang theme was pure genius.

#27 9 years ago

A big surprise for their show at Expo ?

LTG : )™

#28 9 years ago

Something with unfinished code.

#29 9 years ago

I'd just like to point out that Stern is moving/spinning up a new building/factory... so not quite sure I'd by the two machines per year observation, yet. Good point tho.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This is correct and was the likely reason it had some issues per a speach Gomez gave at TPF in 2013. He said he thought it was important the game be out in time for Christmas so a couple minor things were (I forget the exact word he used) fast tracked...

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know what, if anything, is currently on Sterns line at this moment?

I was there last week and saw some METLE's being built.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'd be good with it if that extra time meant the games were launching with more complete code and more polished art and designs. I get the sense that 3 a year is really rushing things.

This ^^^

#33 9 years ago

I was told by a distributor that they will be doing more than just one run of IMVE.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I was going by pinball news sight it listed Jan 2013.

#35 9 years ago

Stern has been putting out 2.5 games per year.

#36 9 years ago

Remember Stern put out Luci, IMVE and MMLE this year

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I highly doubt that!

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Only 500 METLEs were made & they are long gone.

So...did you see Premiums being built? Pros in the new cab style?

#39 9 years ago

Well this year they are 0 for 1 for a good quality game. I am confident the next machine being made will be great.

Just got back from gameworks as I put a few plays on Mustang pro and thought it was awful.

#40 9 years ago

the long awaited raven and golden wings vault editions...

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agree but I'm super disappointed stern is moving to a two new machine release per year schedule. I really hoped for three releases this year. I'm glad I was finally able to get a NIB IM though so I don't have room to complain much.

I always admired Stern's propensity for plugging away with new themes when they could make easier money on re-runs. Now, it's sad that they have replaced one of their 3 annual new themes with re-runs. New themes is the only way to build the hobby.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I always admired Stern's propensity for plugging away with new themes when they could make easier money on re-runs. Now, it's sad that they have replaced one of their 3 annual new themes with re-runs. New themes is the only way to build the hobby.

With all the new players in the market 2 new pins a year is probably fine.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

How do new themes "build the hobby"? Do 3 new titles a year from Stern really "build the hobby" more than 2? Not sure that phrase really means anything in terms of Stern's business plan.

I don't get this notion some of you have that Stern would be better off NOT building games people want to buy. Who does that benefit? On their end, they have employees to pay. Why wouldn't they want to sell more units? They always have multiple titles in production at any given time. How is building more Iron Mans any different than building more AC/DCs or Star Treks or Metallicas? Should they only build Mustang, as that's the newest title? Diversity allows them to stay alive!

#44 9 years ago

Resident Evil for sure...

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

New themes is the only way to build the hobby.

New themes is "a" way to build the hobby. Seldom is any one thing the only way to do anything.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dommer:

the long awaited raven and golden wings vault editions...

As long as Genesis makes it in there too!

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

How do new themes "build the hobby"? Do 3 new titles a year from Stern really "build the hobby" more than 2? Not sure that phrase really means anything in terms of Stern's business plan.
    I don't get this notion some of you have that Stern would be better off NOT building games people want to buy. Who does that benefit? On their end, they have employees to pay. Why wouldn't they want to sell more units? They always have multiple titles in production at any given time. How is building more Iron Mans any different than building more AC/DCs or Star Treks or Metallicas? Should they only build Mustang, as that's the newest title? Diversity allows them to stay alive!

Very well put.......

#48 9 years ago

I wish Stern would make more Simpsons Carnival redemption game. Its one of the best of the quick coin roll down games.

At some point get ready for MLB and KISS.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I wish Stern would make more Simpsons Carnival redemption game. Its one of the best of the quick coin roll down games.
    At some point get ready for MLB and KISS.

That Simpsons game is pretty cool....I wonder why Stern hasn't done more redemption games to diversify and make a few extra bucks from that market. They were gonna do a Spider-Man redemption game - but it never went into production.

MLB? Major League Baseball? Never going to happen. Sports themes don't sell. NBA was the biggest flop ever.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Resident Evil for sure...

I agree. Hot chicks on the translight, zombies and monsters with different powers, cool locations such as the Hive, Raccon City, underwater dome, and Las Vegas sites to pick from.

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-stern-building and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.