Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 846 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by waletboy
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-758.jpg
    image.jpg
    Original Outer Limits.jpg
    indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif
    IMG_20150425_082032078.jpg
    image-378.jpg
    image-580.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    robobot-02-small.jpg
    chrono_futurama_by_spacecoyote-d3rb7go.jpg
    simp005.jpg
    moral_orel.jpg
    d&g.jpg
    springbreak.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 9 years ago

Chuck will announce in June at the Denver show.

My desire to make "Bible Adventures" (old testament only, and not preachy - just classic story action) is very real. Not sure if it will ever be a game though.

That's pretty lame that JPOP created a site for it. So lame I can't even get mad about it.

I'd love to do Army of Darkness - maybe if the new show crashes and burns it will get cheap again.

1 week later
    #129 9 years ago

Futurama would fit pinball rules very, very well. I would LOVE to have a crack at it.

Anybody know anybody at Fox? (guess I can't ask Kevin...)

"If we can hit that bullseye, the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

The problem with Futurama is that there is so much good content, how do you choose what to include and not include?

You pick the episodes that lend themselves best to pinball (Deliver 10 pillows to the high gravity planet!) and base modes from there.

Like the show, the deliveries drive everything, and the story comes along the way.

#175 8 years ago

Everyone knows our next game is KISS.

Duh.

1 week later
    #194 8 years ago

Thing is, nobody asked for KISS (though it will still sell great)

If you made the Ultimate Pinside Requested Game, it would be a Muppet version of Elvira fighting Jaws, with an Iron Maiden soundtrack.

2 weeks later
    #232 8 years ago

Got some juicy insider info!

Game #2's kernel will be cycle locked to 1000Hz and contain improved servo driving routines! There will also be a real time graphics blitter as frames are loaded.

#254 8 years ago

Well it's true, AMH graphics didn't have any transparency channel so the numbers have black blocks around them that we cleverly hid.

There is no graphics driver per se, just an array of memory.

The trick I came up with was to draw the text, numbers, graphics first, then stream in image from SD. But it only writes to memory if byte is clear, thus "painting around" text.

Video Toaster was the BOMB! And NewTech is still in business.

Met one of their founders back in March. Told me Kiki Stockhammer was in fact nude when they filmed the famous "quick pull down the blinds" transition.

#256 8 years ago

The text & graphics are manipulated using a high level language, so it's easier, but slow. Adding a blitter to that would cause a huge dent.

Whereas the SD routines are machine language and adding a compare to zero as each byte comes in byte isn't a big deal. Just needed to set a flag so the routine only does the compare when loading graphics, not streaming audio.

#261 8 years ago

Remember the magazine ads for the Snappy parallel port device that could capture still frames of composite video?

Paradigm shifts in video production:

1) Video Toaster
    2) Non-linear editing
    3) Solid State Media

kiki.jpgkiki.jpg
    #279 8 years ago

Never had an Amiga, way out of my 10 year old self's price range. Atari 800 all the way! (also a Jay Miner creation) Still have it, still works.

Game 2 backglass is going into color now, think he's waiting on that before announcing.

#298 8 years ago

Old Testament stories aren't any different than Tales of the Arabian Nights, just better known stories is all. It all ties into monomyth, hero's joruney, etc. Same reason why the plot structure of every movie is the same (especially comedies)

Game 2 has nothing to do with the bible, though may be some demons and hellish monsters if we're lucky!

#354 8 years ago

We looked into AoD, it got "too hot" with the new Ash TV show coming out. Too bad as it's a slam dunk of a theme and I'm a huge Raimi fan (wouldn't have been til Game 3 anyway)

Predator refundees, save your pennies, announcement soon!

#392 8 years ago

Maybe she was like the Olivia Munn of her day.

I don't get Olivia Munn either. (but our MVP QB does

#397 8 years ago

You make an excellent point.

#402 8 years ago

Ben Heck's game #3: Bible Adventures or GTFO.

#404 8 years ago

"Pharaoh of Egypt..."

[shaker starts up... lights go dim...]

"LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[BOOM! PF cracks open, Hebrew exodus MB starts up]

#457 8 years ago

Next Saturday, ya'll!!

HINT: It isn't "Murder She Wrote"

TO DO LIST:

Re-skin CSI into a Murder She Wrote
    Buy paper towels

#485 8 years ago

The deep AMH code came at the cost of my sanity, which I would rather regain than program Game 2.

I did set up a better framework before passing the torch to the new guy and am helping with other improvements. I will also, no doubt, get roped into adding a bunch of polish before expo.

#517 8 years ago

ABBA: The Pinball Adventure

#527 8 years ago

If someone has an "in" at MGM, by all means, we'd love to do Army of Darkness.

HINT: Game #2 does not involve cats.

#543 8 years ago

Oh man Samurai Cop Pinball would be awesome!

"Let's just say... I can read eyes"

#591 8 years ago

Not actually sure if the backglass went to full color in time for Chuck's reveal today. Guess we'll see.

If not, I may show it in SFGE.

#600 8 years ago

License duration is 3 years from start of manufacture, AMH 150 units taking about 1.5 years but getting faster, so 300 units within 3 years is a very safe estimate we went with.

That number isn't set in stone, if Spooky can scale up faster they could sell more.

We left at least 50 AMH on the table but hey - gotta move on sometime.

#657 8 years ago

Amazing how excited you all are for Barry Manilow: The Pinball Experience.

#663 8 years ago

Sounds like the backglass art wasn't finished for tonight's reveal. But the artist is being announced of course and that should give you a good idea of what to expect.

I'll be waiting for the reveal too, as I sit here improving AMH code update functions.

#669 8 years ago

Not Rocketeer Pinball I'm afraid.

"Rocka-who?"

6ecfeb37d53be3ff721d72304c49c4e2_large.jpeg6ecfeb37d53be3ff721d72304c49c4e2_large.jpeg
    #721 8 years ago

I am open to questions now!

#730 8 years ago

It's a re-designed Pinball Zombies PF.
    AMH buyers get "right of first refusal" on first 150 as a thank you for getting company off the ground
    Sculpt of Sig isn't done yet but I believe it's waist up. I specifically asked he be holding a bag of greasy chicken, and a cleaver

#735 8 years ago

"the bag needs a dark splotch on the bottom, so we KNOW it's grease!"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benheck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-spooky-pinballs-next-game?tu=benheck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.