Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 846 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by waletboy
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-758.jpg
    image.jpg
    Original Outer Limits.jpg
    indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif
    IMG_20150425_082032078.jpg
    image-378.jpg
    image-580.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    robobot-02-small.jpg
    chrono_futurama_by_spacecoyote-d3rb7go.jpg
    simp005.jpg
    moral_orel.jpg
    d&g.jpg
    springbreak.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 846 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
    #151 8 years ago

They will stay with a "Zombie" theme, and my first name.

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

For 2015 we've got funds budgeted for a deck, patio & privacy hedge

If a Rob Zombie pin w/legit art occurs.... we only get a deck lol

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Ooh... "Head-in-the-sand/Whiny-kid" Zombie?

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Ok, then... Is it safe to assume that Spooky Pinball won't be making anymore 'spooky' themed pinball machines after game #2?

If follow up titles are Spooky related, does that imply we might should expect EMH (Europe's Most Haunted), followed by MMH (Middleast) and AAMH (Antarctica) editions?

#155 8 years ago

Could just leave it AHM (Atlantic's Most Haunted) with a Titanic theme and have Charlie and Bryan Kelly singing "My Heart Will Go On" after you lose your last ball.

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure what you're getting at, but I doubt Ben's actually going to ever build his Bible pin if that's what you're fishing for. Who knows though, he's full of surprises.

I'm just saying that my best guess is that game #2 is going to be horror related, but other ideas getting tossed around are not. Ben did state that he was serious about a Bible pin. Whether that's a practical idea or not is a different story.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If follow up titles are Spooky related, does that imply we might should expect EMH (Europe's Most Haunted), followed by MMH (Middleast) and AAMH (Antarctica) edition

I'm just wondering if the guys will stick to horror'ish themes or move into other territory in the near future. I love spooky themes and there really hasn't been any made since the 90s. I'm sure that if, for example, you're a super hero fan and 'Justice League Pinball Co.' starts up by making super hero games, but then by game #3 they are making a dirt bike racing game, that might be significant to you.

#157 8 years ago

Hit a few Benton yard sales this morning... Ben was coming down to work on game #2 with me today... I took this as a sign. We're working in an ark, and a whores of Babylon mode right now.

IMG_20150425_082032078.jpgIMG_20150425_082032078.jpg
    #158 8 years ago

What the seller failed to mention is when you open that "Great Bible Adventures" box this happens!

indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gifindiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif
    #159 8 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Hit a few Benton yard sales this morning... Ben was coming down to work on game #2 with me today... I took this as a sign. We're working in an ark, and a whores of Babylon mode right now.

LOL! Nice attempt at misdirection.

#160 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Futurama would fit pinball rules very, very well. I would LOVE to have a crack at it.

You realize how quickly this would sell right? Time to make a call to roger sharpe and get the ball rollin

Make sure you get a license for RUSH too

there's also a ton of theme song remixes

#161 8 years ago

The Outer Limits.

Ken

Original Outer Limits.jpgOriginal Outer Limits.jpg
    #162 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

You pick the episodes that lend themselves best to pinball (Deliver 10 pillows to the high gravity planet!) and base modes from there.
    Like the show, the deliveries drive everything, and the story comes along the way.

I wanted to (still very much want to) re-theme Johnny Mnemonic into Futurama by changing the hand to a Planet Express ship, and centering the theme around the ball being "Bender". Everytime the magnet on the ship would activate he would sing 7-8 seconds of a folk song.

Anytime you placed Bender (the ball) on a spot in the matrix it would correspond to a mode/episode (Amazon women, journey/delivery to the moon, water people planet, etc.).

And for the wizard mode, you'd shoot the center shot, and instead of the magnet activating, it would shoot the ball up then fall right back down into the up kicker and Bender would be "lost in space". It would follow the Godfellas episode, and you'd have to shoot correct shots to add balls (help the Shrimpkins), shoot the wrong shots and it takes away progress. In the end, the shots get faster and faster and you would eventually lose regardless of how well you did, all the Shrimpkins kill each other in a nuclear war, the flippers die, the balls would drain, and Bender would run into the God Entity sharing the priceless exchange of dialogue from the show:

Anyway, if you guys made it, it would probably be way better than that, but a heads up if you ever actually do plan on moving forward (please please do). Someone has done a lot of legwork ripping audio from the show here:

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/

EDIT: Also, would Keith have any idea of someone to contact from Fox from back when they did TSPP?

#163 8 years ago

Elvira: Still Stiff.

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Futurama would fit pinball rules very, very well. I would LOVE to have a crack at it.
    Anybody know anybody at Fox? (guess I can't ask Kevin...)
    "If we can hit that bullseye, the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

Yes, please!

#165 8 years ago

Futurama is enticing, but a new South Park pin would be a really, really, really good thing.

In the past, Spooky stated they wanted to avoid going down the path of lcd displays, preferring dmd's. This would rule out both Futurama and South Park, dang it.

#166 8 years ago

Futurama is enticing, but a new South Park pin would be a really, really, really good thing.

... If Matt & Trey were involved and helped with the writing and provided a TON of audio so it didn't get repetitive and lame.

#167 8 years ago

In the past, Spooky stated they wanted to avoid going down the path of lcd displays, preferring dmd's. This would rule out both Futurama and South Park, dang it.

Not necessarily.

#168 8 years ago

I heard South Park was a massive success for operators & Sega.

Dang, the show was I believe only 3 years old then.

Now it's @ like 20 years!

The audience now is huge. The kids/adults who saw the first episode PLUS 20 years of kids/adults that grew up watching the show.

Do it spooky, release a South Park & prepare to work some OT on the assembly line

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I heard South Park was a massive success for operators & Sega.
    Dang, the show was I believe only 3 years old then.
    Now it's @ like 20 years!
    The audience now is huge. The kids/adults who saw the first episode PLUS 20 years of kids/adults that grew up watching the show.
    Do it spooky, release a South Park & prepare to work some OT on the assembly line

This would be a cool game to do justice to and I'm sure it would sell well. I'd love to see it redone right, but I think the reason it did so well back then was the initial explosive success of south park. They sold tons of merch during the first few years of the show. That honeymoon period is over, operators can still route the original game and I'm sure they still do well on location. Die-hard fans can own the original as well if they love the theme. I'd like to see Futurama (honeymoon period is over on this show too, but the sporadic nature of the production made it have more of a cult following) moreso because it has never been done commercially and therefore not available to anyone, even in a sub-par version.

#170 8 years ago

Flashback 2013

image.jpgimage.jpg image-758.jpgimage-758.jpg
    #171 8 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Flashback 2013

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    image-758.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I made a similar request on FB to Rihanna

Nothing happened

So I'm not sure that post means Rob Zombie called him

#172 8 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

What the seller failed to mention is when you open that "Great Bible Adventures" box this happens!

indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif

Must look brand new inside that box then.

#173 8 years ago

rob zombie has a class of 1812. nice to see he's opened minded and embraces diversity.

#174 8 years ago

Here is Charlie at TPF last month on subject of #2 (skip to 48m58s):

TL;DW - bad ass horror game (with not as much humor and better art)

#175 8 years ago

Everyone knows our next game is KISS.

Duh.

#176 8 years ago

I would love to see Futurama OR South Park. Zen Studios just made 2 new digital South Park tables on Pinball FX2, and all I can think of is how I wish there was an updated full game.

The original South Park game is not very highly rated, and there is so much more material to work with now.

#177 8 years ago

Ben, I asked my son what the theme of next pin should be, and he said "poopy pinball". He'll be 3 in July. He may be on to something. Think about how well South Park did on route with toilet humor?

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mhulsebu:

Here is Charlie at TPF last month on subject of #2 (skip to 48m58s):

Thanks for posting that. Somehow I had missed it. Some good info there.

#179 8 years ago
    Quoted from Boatshoe:

I would love to see Futurama OR South Park. Zen Studios just made 2 new digital South Park tables on Pinball FX2, and all I can think of is how I wish there was an updated full game.
    The original South Park game is not very highly rated, and there is so much more material to work with now.

I played SP for the first time last week. My local place just got one. I think it's a 'terrible' game if a kid is standing right there, but I found it hilarious. The gameplay is pretty basic, but the shots are fun. That right kickout/habitrail is very fast if you aren't ready for it. Multiball isn't the default lucrative mode with its reasonably low jackpot scores, but if you can keep that alive for a little while, you can rack up the points. Killing Kenny and getting the Cartman mode going are the other big point areas that I noticed. Only have a few plays on it. Of course I blew it up AFTER the tournament ended...

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Everyone knows our next game is KISS.
    Duh.

The next game is always KISS.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I played SP for the first time last week. My local place just got one. I think it's a 'terrible' game if a kid is standing right there, but I found it hilarious. The gameplay is pretty basic, but the shots are fun. That right kickout/habitrail is very fast if you aren't ready for it. Multiball isn't the default lucrative mode with its reasonably low jackpot scores, but if you can keep that alive for a little while, you can rack up the points. Killing Kenny and getting the Cartman mode going are the other big point areas that I noticed. Only have a few plays on it. Of course I blew it up AFTER the tournament ended...

Play it a couple more times. You'll be done with it. It's one of the most shallow games of the DMD era.

#182 8 years ago

I forgot, when is it being announced. Allentown?

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Play it a couple more times. You'll be done with it. It's one of the most shallow games of the DMD era.

Oh I'm there already. The shots are fun, but I've seen puddles deeper than that game. My interests in knowing it more are only to do better in tournaments.

#184 8 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I forgot, when is it being announced. Allentown?

Is this still the plan?

#185 8 years ago

maybe contact pinsider Linoleum about producing his "Haunted Cruise" pin that looks so cool and he has so much work into developing already? no offense intended Linoleum, it could make more of it available and sooner if Spooky were to buy and go with it.

#186 8 years ago

Wtf I thought info was to be released @ trade show

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Wtf I thought info was to be released @ trade show

What made you think that?

#188 8 years ago

Any notions on when Charlie will let us know next title? I'm getting pretty excited here!

He's def in touch with my dark ID. Awwww yeah...right there, that's it!!

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Any notions on when Charlie will let us know next title?

If I remember right, at the northwest show June 5th
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

If I remember right, at the northwest show June 5th
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events

Thank you Toyota.

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Spell D-e-u-t-e-r-o-n-o-m-y to start multiball.

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The next game is always KISS.

Now that is has finally happened, the echo chamber will collapse.

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Now that is has finally happened, the echo chamber will collapse.

Just substitute Iron Maiden for Kiss and it will continue on I'm sure.

#194 8 years ago

Thing is, nobody asked for KISS (though it will still sell great)

If you made the Ultimate Pinside Requested Game, it would be a Muppet version of Elvira fighting Jaws, with an Iron Maiden soundtrack.

#195 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

it would be a Muppet version of Elvira fighting Jaws, with an Iron Maiden soundtrack.

SOLD!

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

If you made the Ultimate Pinside Requested Game, it would be a Muppet version of Elvira fighting Jaws, with an Iron Maiden soundtrack.

I'd buy it, and I don't even like Iron Maiden. I'd be down with Muppet versions of a few games. LotR : ME
    lordoftheringsmuppets2.jpglordoftheringsmuppets2.jpg

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

kermit-jaws1.jpgkermit-jaws1.jpg

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Actually, it would be futurama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#199 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

kermit-jaws1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

At this point I don't care who does JAWS... someone please make it.

#200 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

At this point I don't care who does JAWS... someone please make it.

I made you a virtual in MS Paint. You have to use you imagination to play it. Flipperless in 2015! (there may be a mode where you eat Flipper the dolphin though). It is the new cool.
    jaws.pngjaws.png

There are 846 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-spooky-pinballs-next-game/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.