Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 846 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by waletboy
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-758.jpg
    image.jpg
    Original Outer Limits.jpg
    indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif
    IMG_20150425_082032078.jpg
    image-378.jpg
    image-580.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    robobot-02-small.jpg
    chrono_futurama_by_spacecoyote-d3rb7go.jpg
    simp005.jpg
    moral_orel.jpg
    d&g.jpg
    springbreak.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 846 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
    #51 9 years ago

Sales of that game would be GOD awful...

#52 9 years ago

If you really think about it Bible Adventures could be a pretty bad *** pin given all the angles you can work with. You could have Noah's Ark in the back playfield like POTC which sinks in the same style if you don't get all the animals on board hahaha

#53 9 years ago

I have it on Good Authority that game number two is called Bride of America's Most Haunted...

Sorry, wrong boutique company.

#54 9 years ago

Some actual ideas that would be awesome from a team like Spooky Pinball...

- Godzilla (new original design, not a production of his one-off)
    - Universal Monsters (any of them)
    - King Kong
    - Sharknado (not really, but really)
    - Jaws
    - Elvira (I know it's not this)
    - The Munsters

#55 9 years ago

Pass on those

#56 9 years ago

Hmmmm "Leviticus Multiball" mode.

Every shot, every target, every ramp & everything you do is WRONG lol.

#57 9 years ago

Spell D-e-u-t-e-r-o-n-o-m-y to start multiball.

#58 9 years ago

Leprosy mode. Every shot you make infects the shot, making it an instant mode fail if you hit it a second time until you found the randomly-assigned "Lay on hands" shot for the cure.

*Edit* Okay, I'm seeing how this could work if it was like a parody type angle, but as a serious game? Come on, it didn't work for Wisdom Tree 30 years ago. It ain't gonna work now.

#59 9 years ago

Mars needs women, angry red women...

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Some actual ideas that would be awesome from a team like Spooky Pinball...
    - Godzilla (new original design, not a production of his one-off)
    - Universal Monsters (any of them)
    - King Kong
    - Sharknado (not really, but really)
    - Jaws
    - Elvira (I know it's not this)
    - The Munsters

I hope they do another "Original" Theme not a license…..license doesn't make the game better, it just gives you rights to use already finished art, and sounds. Spooky's target audience is pinheads, and we will buy the 250 they make, so I hope they choose to be creative and just run with that creativity. Love the zombie chicks.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I hope they do another "Original" Theme not a license…..license doesn't make the game better, it just gives you rights to use already finished art, and sounds. Spooky's target audience is pinheads, and we will buy the 250 they make, so I hope they choose to be creative and just run with that creativity. Love the zombie chicks.

I definitely concur. But the sound of a Jaws theme does sound sick. Imagine a huge great white coming up onto the playfield

#62 9 years ago

Sign me up for toho Godzilla, or any of the Universal Monsters. But classic sci-fi mash up would be amazing, with robots, aliens, etc. Though that is starting to sound like another boutique pinball maker's theme just without the zombies and atomic purple paint job...Perhaps Spooky's take on this would actually see the light of day?

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I only mentioned licenses because I heard that the next one is going to be a license.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

Sign me up for toho Godzilla,

Yeah. I told my wife when it was still possible that Stern's next game might be Godzilla, that if it happened, I would sell everything other than Tron and Metallica to buy it. That's still probably true. I'd actually prefer Spooky was doing it, because I know they'd probably make a more serious effort to respect the license while injecting some humor. Stern ain't so good on that front... the ST callouts revamp was a good stab at it.

#65 9 years ago

FYI

I'd be in on the cat gun fire unicorn rainbow Mario castle game too

#66 9 years ago

I would definitely be interested in a Bible-based pinball theme. Sounds awesome. If you have seen the pinball documentary "Special When Lit" they interview a guy who says how much he would love a pin based on the passion, and they do a cool little mock-up special effect of what that game would look like. "Hallelujah! The ball is saved!"

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

"Hallelujah! The ball is saved!"

Plenary Indulgence ballsaver?

Okay, that's it. I'm going to retheme a STTNG with a p-roc into Dogma, and have a big ol open arms Buddy Christ where the borg ship is... Pew Multiball lock...

#68 9 years ago
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    #69 9 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

FYI
    I'd be in on the cat gun fire unicorn rainbow Mario castle game too

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

- The Munsters

I'm not one to slobber all over dream themes, but I'm in love with the Munsters as a pinball theme. It would look great next to TAF and TZ in the classic TV lineup. Family-friendly macabre and lots of neat ideas from the show to work with. Not too mainstream, not too esoteric. In the age old argument of Addams v. Munsters (akin to Beatles v. Stones), I'm firmly in the Munsters camp do the idea smacks as a slam dunk for me. I doubt this is what #2 will be, but a guy can dream, right...

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

#71 9 years ago

Monsters, dracula, wolfy, hotrod, cool house, dragon under the staircase...Yvonne...what's not to like

#72 9 years ago

id like to see a 'mad magazine the lighter side of pinball game .a lot to work with

#73 9 years ago

Mad Magazine is a cool idea. Lots of material to draw from as they have lampooned almost every current event. Spy vs Spy would be top of the list to cover.

WhatMeWorry3.gifWhatMeWorry3.gifWhatMeWorry2.gifWhatMeWorry2.gifWhatMeWorry.gifWhatMeWorry.gif

#74 9 years ago

Not a single theme newer than the 1980's.

It's like you all stopped 30 years ago.

#75 9 years ago

It's already in the works...

image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg
    #76 9 years ago

I'd be pleased with anything but zombies. I'm pretty much zombied out at this point. I think pinball needs another under water theme. Space has been popular recently (which I like), but I'd like to see pinball go back into the depths. There have been some great water-themed pins in the past. Jaws could be cool if done right. Star Wars would be cool too, but something tells me that would be a license for a larger operation. All of this anticipation is pretty killer though. I wish they'd just go ahead and announce it.

#78 9 years ago

I was thinking something similar. That's the exact game I had in mind.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

image-7.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

We've come for your daughter, chuck.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

image-7.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

you magnificent bastard! day after day im amazed at the imagination and follow though some of you are willing to invest in pinball to make your dreams and ideas come true...very refreshing for me to see these ideas and skills you have come to real life..these are the things that bring personal satisfaction out of life...please post photo of your 'mad' pinball when finished..thanks

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

you magnificent bastard! day after day im amazed at the imagination and follow though some of you are willing to invest in pinball to make your dreams and ideas come true...very refreshing for me to see these ideas and skills you have come to real life..these are the things that bring personal satisfaction out of life...please post photo of your 'mad' pinball when finished..thanks

That pic is from the Data East "Mad" prototype pin:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3440

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

That pic is from the Data East "Mad" prototype pin:
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3440

so im thinkin no photo soon?lol.why would germen market have bearing on this pin being made?

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

you magnificent bastard! day after day im amazed at the imagination and follow though some of you are willing to invest in pinball to make your dreams and ideas come true...

Yea, I can't take credit for this one. That was a failed Data East project. Thanks, though!

#84 9 years ago

Beetlejuice would have been an awesome theme. Too bad it missed the boat.

Handbook for the recently deseased

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from fna_royam:

Game 3 is supposed to be Bible Adventure or something simmilar.

Like this?

if it was an AVGN pin, i'd be all for it.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Beetlejuice would have been an awesome theme. Too bad it missed the boat.
    Handbook for the recently deseased

Beetlejuice 2 is close to happening, and Keaton is hot right now, he still has amazing comedic chops if you had a chance to see his SNL appearance a few weeks ago, soooo maybe you'll get your wish

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Beetlejuice 2 is close to happening, and Keaton is hot right now, he still has amazing comedic chops if you had a chance to see his SNL appearance a few weeks ago, soooo maybe you'll get your wish

Whoa what? BJ 2??????????????????? Googling this now...

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from belairjoe:

why would germen market have bearing on this pin being made?

I believe Germany was (probably still is), the second biggest market next to the US.

#89 9 years ago

Beetlejuice would be some awesome! A bible pin sounds so terrible. I couldn't see it ever being financially viable, but maybe as a one off.

I have a better idea for one off. Bill Murray!

#90 9 years ago

I'd love to see spooky do The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Its got to appeal to our age demographic, it would have tons of material for modes and would be full of humor. Not to mention that it would, theme wise, be fairly unique as I cannot think of any space themed games made any time recently.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

So Cat with gun riding an evil Unicorn?

Pinball and Beer - what more could you ask for?? It's the label from the Fantasy Factory IPA (Karben4 brewery) here in Madison. Pretty good stuff and a super cool label IMHO.

#92 9 years ago

I just don't see why spooky would even consider a license. If you are making less than 500 of them and sold out completely your first non license game why change?

All the crap with the Predator game etc.

Also there is no guarantee that a license makes a great game,

Sure Adams Family is great as is Twilight zone or creature from the black lagoon but Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic, Pinbot(s), Etc Etc Etc.

Stern and JJP are all about Licenses why compete with them, that is not their business niche.

I think they would be most successful with a non license, why not Wooly or a derivative?

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from wad:

I just don't see why spooky would even consider a license. If you are making less than 500 of them and sold out completely your first non license game why change?

Because it's just way easier to make and sell a licensed game. That's just the bottom line truth.

I'm not going to be surprised to see the next game sell out quickly, based on the strength of the license and what comes with it. A non-licensed title is going to have to build momentum naturally, which is what AMH did.

I'd like to see unlicensed games still thrive in boutique pinball, but it's a tough prospect.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

Pinball and Beer

A pinball machine that also brews beer would be a winner.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from wad:

All the crap with the Predator game etc.
    Also there is no guarantee that a license makes a great game,
    Sure Adams Family is great as is Twilight Zone or Creature from the Black Lagoon but Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic, Pinbot(s), Etc Etc Etc.
    Stern and JJP are all about Licenses why compete with them, that is not their business niche.
    I think they would be most successful with a non license, why not Wooly or a derivative?

You know, you're right. If they are only selling 300 of them, why use a license? AMH sold out (far faster than they can produce them too). The next game will be a limited run, albeit higher, and will cost the same as AMH. But, unlike AMH, the second game will now be from a company that has designed, coded and (gasp!) produced a great game. People will buy it, license or not (unless its Bible Adventures, Ben, in which case Im out on such a polarizing theme).

#96 9 years ago

I would buy Bible Adventures and I think many others would but aren't willing to chime in

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

You know, you're right. If they are only selling 300 of them, why use a license?

Spooky has made great choices so far, the bar is set higher this time around. Licensed theme is the better option for them now than potentially having an original that doesn't do as well. One bad game could sink them. This is a smart move.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from u2sean:

Pinball and Beer - what more could you ask for??

Pinball and Beer and Boobs.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Pinball and Beer and Boobs.

Could have a LE Zappa themed pin - "Titties 'n Beer"

There are 846 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-spooky-pinballs-next-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.