3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 845 posts
  • 211 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-758.jpg
    image.jpg
    Original Outer Limits.jpg
    indiana-jones-face-melt-o.gif
    IMG_20150425_082032078.jpg
    image-378.jpg
    image-580.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    robobot-02-small.jpg
    chrono_futurama_by_spacecoyote-d3rb7go.jpg
    simp005.jpg
    moral_orel.jpg
    d&g.jpg
    springbreak.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 845 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
    #801 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Is there a reason to cap the production number before determining demand?

#802 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Is there a reason to fix the production number before determining demand?

Probably production capacity.

#803 3 years ago

LE has different backglass and trim package. Maybe different cabinet art. Charlie mentioned it in passing, but then not when pointing out the LE features. $500 is in line with typical 'deluxe' trim packages, and he cited paying the in-demand artist more to design an extra backglass. Sounds totally reasonable in my opinion.

#804 3 years ago

Cooked71, exactly. Charlie mentioned that they are still a small company and he wants to stick to a pretty satisfying and fast delivery schedule. A massive run wouldn't be possible at this stage for the company. Doing 300 games is already going to lead to hiring more help. Wonderful to see the pinball business continuing to grow.

#805 3 years ago

I can't seem to quote tonight!

Charlie said he hates the preorder system too. You don't have to put money down to commit by July 4th. He mentioned that it would be a place holder for AMH owners. The eventual $1000 down is more to confirm a serious order at a later date. That's my understanding. He did strongly emphasize that he was against preorders.

#806 3 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

What does the LE get you? Other than costing an extra 500

Different backglass, different trim and powder coat. No playfield or game play differences.

#807 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

License and production capability related.

#808 3 years ago

Ben how many ramps does it have?

#809 3 years ago

I'd really like to see art and playfield layout.

#810 3 years ago

I want to see the revamped play field

#811 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I'd really like to see art and playfield layout.

That kind of thinking has no place here!

I'm not in on this title, but wish Spooky and crew the best. My preorder days are over; just gonna step back and watch the battle over 50 LE's.
    image.jpg

#812 3 years ago

Playfield and code are the final pieces of the puzzle. Everything else is a big yes, but as usual it's going to come down playability. Fingers crossed.

#813 3 years ago

Excited to see more! We aren't going to see revised game until July is that correct?

#814 3 years ago

I got jpop'd, so my pre-order days are also over.

#815 3 years ago

I highly doubt, they are going to rework Charlies zombie pin. Charlies knows that design was dead in the water. I'm sure he's got a team redesigning the game. The game needs to be higher quality of design better than AMH. AMH was awesome, but he knows he has the attention of a super star who does everything off the chart. Game needs flow, High Speed and 2 to 3 ramps. All Zombies music is high octane in your face gonna run you over, music. Lets just say it can't just have gruesome artwork. This games is going to flip like a mothef#$÷=r, As Zombie would put it.

#816 3 years ago

Maybe Ben can enlighten us on the revamped playfield

#817 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

just gonna step back and watch the battle over 50 LE's.

Don't think there will be a battle. First 50 AMH buyers will probably get first right to refusal, would be fair. I found out a week ago that I'm officially #87 for AMH. Here's hoping 37 in front of me pass on the LE

#818 3 years ago

Charlie showed me the old zombie game in the shop and walked through some of the pf changes. It's maybe 80% new layout. Check out the white wood underneath pf and see three pops on the left, repositioned lights and mechs - it shot like crap (Charlie's words) and now it won't.
    Not pre-order, when your making 3-4 AMH a week and back logged on until winter, this isn't a vapor game or with license questions. I think we will see most of the backglass and playfield layout and art and modes before July 4 when new customers can get into the queue. And the AMH thread has a count of 3 a week will give you #60 on this date, done that pace spot on the last 12 weeks or so and I think SP it down. charlie keeps production going with quality, KT is great with $ and keeping track of stuff - what a relief to be a customer ! Actually a great pinball experience - how about that!

#819 3 years ago

Well, I'm excited to see the pf layout, art package, soundtrack, everything. I'll wait for the machine reveal then maybe get on the horn with Kayte, Charlie, Blue Shirt ( if that is indeed his real name!).

#820 3 years ago

Typing on my phone with bad internet connection here... Still working the Denver show.

Again, NOT taking money on this in advance. When we do, it will be a $1,000 deposit down and NOTHING more until your game is done. I wish we could be mini Stern and just sell you a game... Very hard at this level, but we'll keep working towards that goal.

Hoping to have all AMH's out by January 1st, then switch to Rob Zombie immediately. We all know that rarely goes as planned but we'll do our best to stay on track.

The 50 LE's will be offered to AMH customers as a thank you... Many are already claimed. What's left will go to those on the interested email list in order received... Which is long at this point. You won't see anything more on the game until the art & playfield are fully assembled with all the bells, toys, and goodues, and close to production quality. We can't handle building more than 300 units at this time... Thats just being honest. Our contract (I hear those are really important) clearly states this number, and we WILL NOT make more. Same as AMH.

Alex Horley is a crazy talented artist... Rob insisted on him, and I'm still shocked we have access to his talents! Check his stuff out... Its pretty incredible.

The playfield has undergone changes for sure. I want it to be more "random chaos" than a typical fan-layout game, but yep, Aurich and Ben (and many of you) were right... It needed more flow and more toy interaction. It also needed to lose the physical ball lock, get a bigger trough (6 ball House of 1,000 Corpses multiball, 7 ball wizard mode anyone?!) and auto launcher to keep the action going... We did all that and more. I hope you like it, I fully understand that not all of you will. It's pinball... If w all agreed PS would be boring as hell!

Thanks everyone... We're doing our best here and making lots of improvemnts across the board (total pun intended) both in our games and with our company. With all that has happened this year in pinball, we just want to show this absolutely can and is working. I'm a nervous guy by nature... We've put everything we possibly can into Spooky Pinball, and words dont even begin to cover how grateful we are to be here.

Gotta head back down to the booth and get back to work.

Sincerely, thank you all.
    Charlie Emery

#821 3 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I am open to questions now!

Ben,
    How many more pinheck board outputs will be used in RZSI v AMH?
    More than AMH 1000 wav files?
    Dots will be done by another programmer, are there other coders for gameplay , or the same guy with your help here and there?
    Any secondary LCd of the game?
    Any new boards or controllers added to the pin heck ?

Deprecating these game feature questions (Spooky post just before this one says answers will be in fully complete game reveal. )
    How many of the 7 MB will be real v virtual ball locks? A: all virtual
    How many ramps? (sounds like all PF and features will be revealved together as a completed game - again see previous SP post
    How many mode? "
    How many voice characters? "

#822 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I read this as "I'd be disappointed to see another top 20 rated DMD pin"

Music themes are popular. I totally get that. I'm hoping it will be awesome and it probably will be. I was just hoping Spooky would do something more unique and outside the box than another rock band theme, ala Stern. Gameplay and layout aside, it's also going to come down to how the theme is integrated. Is it going to be like AC/DC where it's like a virtual concert, or is it going to be some imaginative horror concept with RZ music and characters?

#823 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Music themes are popular. I totally get that. I'm hoping it will be awesome and it probably will be. I was just hoping Spooky would do something more unique and outside the box than another rock band theme, ala Stern. Gameplay and layout aside, it's also going to come down to how the theme is integrated. Is it going to be like AC/DC where it's like a virtual concert, or is it going to be some imaginative horror concept with RZ music and characters?

I think the latter...already been said that elements of the movies would be incorporated...so I'm inclined to think more than just a rock opera pin.

#824 3 years ago

Now the next title is known maybe it's best to lock this thread so that all content is in the new thread...there's some misconceptions and some of that is due to info being posted in two different threads. Just a thought.

#825 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

The fixed number creates the demand to an extent. People who like the theme but want to wait and see more feel like they cant.

#826 3 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Now the next title is known maybe it's best to lock this thread so that all content is in the new thread...there's some misconceptions and some of that is due to info being posted in two different threads. Just a thought.

Agreed.

#827 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It will not be just another music theme...captain spaulding is in it! Even if if was just a music theme (which its not), Stern would never do RZ...not mainstream enough for them.

#828 3 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

seconded. that should be good enough. who has the gavel?

#829 3 years ago

Big problem here is if spooky can't handle any more games production wise how will/long will Riot pinball's wooly get built, if a new sales push is successful?

#830 3 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Music themes are popular. I totally get that. I'm hoping it will be awesome and it probably will be. I was just hoping Spooky would do something more unique and outside the box than another rock band theme, ala Stern.

nothing to do with it being "a band". Charlie said 4 years ago if he had a dream theme (besides godzilla), it would be rob zombie. So guess what, he has a pinball company so he's gonna do rob zombie.

#831 3 years ago

Rob Zombie is much more metal than rock, so this is not exactly a "rock band theme".

#832 3 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Rob Zombie is much more metal than rock, so this is not exactly a "rock band theme".

and, he makes some crazy wild movies. he's much more than a band pin theme
    just watched his latest one on cable the other day. pretty cool. i kept thinking, this feels like a Rob Zombie movie while watching it (and not knowing)... eventually looked it up, and then "yep". It was. He's really evolved his film skills over the years. Hope he does more crazy flics like that.

#833 3 years ago

dup

#834 3 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Aurich and Ben (and many of you) were right

Just quoting this part because I like to be told I'm right!

I can't wait to see the Alex Horley art. And I'm really interested in seeing how the playfield has evolved. All joking about me being right aside it really sounds like the directions I was hoping to see this go are being explored, and I'm betting it's going to be a much more exciting game for it.

Really the only problem I forsee is that 300 isn't going to be enough to meet demand, and people are going to be left out. Which is I guess not the worst problem in the world.

#835 3 years ago

Charlie said that initially the vibe was going to be campy, battling monsters to become a rock star tour manager. Zombie asked to redo it to something darker and more horror themed, so that's the way it's going. He mentioned the Living Dead Girl coming to life and it sounded like crawling towards the player (?) and battling Captain Spaulding to reveal the Murderride. Capt and LDG are bash toys.

#836 3 years ago

I can't wait to see this thing very exciting and glad that spooky is making some noise.

#837 3 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Charlie said that initially the vibe was going to be campy, battling monsters to become a rock star tour manager. Zombie asked to redo it to something darker and more horror themed, so that's the way it's going. He mentioned the Living Dead Girl coming to life and it sounded like crawling towards the player (?) and battling Captain Spaulding to reveal the Murderride. Capt and LDG are bash toys.
    I

That sounds awesome.!

#838 3 years ago

even though it's listed in the video, I figured I'd post the list of songs
    dragula
    never gonna stop (red red kroovy)
    living dead girl
    demonoid phenomenon
    american witch
    what?
    dead city radio & the new gods of supertown
    feels so numb
    superbeast
    house of 1,000 corpses

#839 3 years ago

I'm just saying I'm hoping it will be more horror themed than band themed. That's just my personal taste. I'm excited for Spooky getting such a great license and I think they are going to move quick. I'm sure I'll be getting one if the gameplay looks any good.

#840 3 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

I really hope they don't go down the campy tour manager route. I remember Ben Heck or Charlie criticising the darkness of TWD when it was released saying pinball should be more comedy less dark. That was the route they went with AMH, which works really well, but I think Rob Zombie is a completely different animal.

Is Ben Heck actually involved in this one?

#841 3 years ago

Can we have a thread merge here with the other thread? Mods? Use your unlimited power for the greater good....

#843 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Robots or Big ass dinosaur Zombies
    Is my vote.
    If they can incorporate some boobs then even better

Looks like I guessed right???

#844 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

Anyone dissappointed its not Mannilow?

Looks like we made it.....

6 months later
    #845 3 years ago

2016 is the year of Phantasm. Let's go Spooky !

New 4K transfer of the original film done by JJ Abrams, and part 5 Ravager later this year.

http://www.slashfilm.com/phantasm-4k-restoration/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 269.99
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    $ 19.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 845 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside