(Topic ID: 301835)

WTB Looking for Data East Clear Plastic Ball Trough Board Protector with Slots

By miracleman

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clear plastic trough protector 3 V2 (resized).jpg
    P1020399 (resized).JPG
    P1020398 (resized).JPG
    P1020396 (resized).JPG
    P1020397 (resized).JPG
    P1020395 (resized).JPG
    TFTC_Playfield_Major_Assemblies.pdf (PDF preview)
    clear plastic trough protector 2 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I grabbed the first pic off the pinside thread for the new DE repro trough board, board protector has slots on side to access switches and balls in trough, game was Last Action Hero. New repro board is taller, guy had to add spacers between pf and protector, which is already weak being made from extruded plastic if I remember correctly. It's not gonna survive too many impacts/pf drops.
    Second pic posted later in this thread, it's different with only small holes to access the switches.

I can't find a part number anywhere in any DE manuals like TFTC LAH and TOMMY.
    I plan on getting stronger repros of the protector with the slots made.
    If someone has a spare lying around to sell please lmk, Thanks!
    MM
    clear plastic trough protector 2 (resized).jpgclear plastic trough protector 2 (resized).jpg
    clear plastic trough protector 3 V2 (resized).jpgclear plastic trough protector 3 V2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2 2 years ago

BUMP

#3 2 years ago

That looks like a protector mod to me and not an actual Data East part.

If it was a Data East plastic, it would have the part number printed on a corner somewhere.

Edit: I stand corrected.

#4 2 years ago

I could be wrong but I think its a factory part. I have personally seen it on several Data east games with 6 balls. Including LAH, JP, & GNR

#5 2 years ago

It is definitely a data east part. I have had them on many 6 ball data east games

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

I grabbed this pic off the thread for the DE repro trough board, game was Last Action Hero.
    I can't find a part number anywhere, I'd like one for my Tales from the Crypt, then may look into getting repros made.
    If someone has any spare lying around to sell please also lmk, Thanks!
    MM
    [quoted image]

Take a look at the attached PDF and item number 17C which is part number 535-6606-01. Could this be the part that you are seeking?

Gord

TFTC_Playfield_Major_Assemblies.pdfTFTC_Playfield_Major_Assemblies.pdf

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Take a look at the attached PDF and item number 17C which is part number 535-6606-01. Could this be the part that you are seeking?
    Gord
    [quoted image]

Nope
    That's just the ball deflector on top of the trough.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

Nope
    That's just the ball deflector on top of the trough.

This is the ball trough protector that I just pulled from my TFTC. As you can see the wing which attaches it to the ball trough is broken off on one side and still intact on the other side. Both sides of this ball trough protector should have identical attachment wings.

My JP is also missing this part on the ball trough. I don't have a spare ball trough protector lying around, but if you are going to pursue getting reproduction ball trough protectors made I will send you mine from my TFTC.

If you do get reproductions made I will buy 2 of them (one for my TFTC and one for my DEJP) from you. If you don't make them I would ask that you send me back my original ball trough protector.

Let me know and I can get it off to you in today's mail.

Thanks.

Gord

P1020395 (resized).JPGP1020395 (resized).JPG
    P1020396 (resized).JPGP1020396 (resized).JPG
    P1020397 (resized).JPGP1020397 (resized).JPG
    P1020398 (resized).JPGP1020398 (resized).JPG
    P1020399 (resized).JPGP1020399 (resized).JPG

#9 2 years ago

Thank You for the offer to send, but hold onto it for now, as I see it's DIFFERENT from the pic I snagged above. Yours only has small holes to access and test just the switches, the other has longer slots I'm guessing to access the balls as they rest in the trough. So there's at least TWO versions, once I get the other one eventually I'll maybe give you a shout for yours. I will have my new repro board in by then, so I will know if it needs to be taller to fit that, or just add spacers as mentioned above and repro one version.
    The plastic is thick since it IS possible to rest/drop the playfield directly on the trough switch board, which is crazy. I remember the one on a previous crypt being extruded plastic, which would not last more than one or two impacts, so a repro needs to be stronger. We've got several smart arcade/pinball laser/3D Print repro peeps here in central florida, so when the day comes I'll get with them to come up with the the best solution.

EDIT: nevermind the edit

1 week later
    #10 2 years ago

BUMP-date...

Sonic (first pic) confirmed his 'protector with slots' does not have a flange on back with screw mounting holes, just like GRB1959's 'protector with holes' (second pic). So I'm guessing all protectors just had the one front flange for mounting. Looking at my un-protected TFTC trough-board area, it SEEMS like a rear flange could be added. Still looking to buy one with slots to run around with to show potential repro-er makers, LMK if you have one for sale!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-part-for-data-east-clear-plastic-ball-trough-board-protector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.