(Topic ID: 298696)

What is on the line at Stern Pinball / Production Schedule

By beltking

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pugster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#641 2 years ago

So is the May GZ Premium “3rd run” or “2nd run”? Thanks for any input

#652 2 years ago

Can anyone shed some light on something for a NIB-ewbie (see what I did there)?

I have a pre-order for a GZ premium with a distributor that says 3rd run “late fall” ETA. The data on this thread suggests that the 3rd run is happening this spring/summer. Is this because Stern has accelerated their production timetable for GZ and I may get it sooner, or would this mean that I’m still late fall and on a different run?

I am absolutely going to check with the distributor but also realize he probably gets bombarded with “when” questions, so figured I’d check here first. For the record I’m fine with however it shakes out but I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t excited at the prospect of getting it sooner!

#662 2 years ago

Follow up: My distributor confirmed May and July runs of GZ Premiums and another in the fall - TBA on exact month but sounds like September or October.

3 weeks later
    #853 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Pretty sure that Rush Premiums are done and out shipping now from Stern's instagram video. Which hopefully means Mando's getting finished and then back to Godzilla. Below is the latest from what's been discussed here or updates from distributors. If anyone hears anything different, let us know so this list could be updated.
    Mar 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Mentioned prior, my distributor has confirmed the GZ runs above and also says another run in either September or October. Haven’t seen any confirmation of that elsewhere yet…

#944 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

If they make 500 machines a week, that's 20 weeks. So that would put Stern at the end of July to catch up with the backlog, just in time for the new cornerstone in August.

This kind of math makes me very excited (hopeful?). All hands on deck to clear out the backlog! My only question is whether or not they can sustain production of 500/week with parts and labor shortages.

#947 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

It's the rumored backlog, so could be more or less. That doesn't take into account any backlog on orders for these runs:
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium
    Take those out of the equation, and you probably have 2k less, so 8k between now and the next release.
    I'm really hoping that a lot of the backlog on Godzilla and Rush orders are based on people that have refundable deposits at multiple distributors, and bail on their second or third orders instead of trying to flip for profit. Would love if everyone could get their backordered pins before prices are increased again.
    Only Stern knows what they are capable of, so we'll have to wait and see. It's great they cancelled the 2nd cornerstone this year to catch up on backlog. I'd hate to see another pin come out this May and delay all pin backorders even further.

Mentioned it before so apologize if I’m repeating myself but my distro is also saying Sept or Oct for an additional GZ run. I put money down in January on a premium with a “late fall” ETA. This was all pre-Stern announcement so things could change…hoping it means more allocations coming from the July run!

I’ll make sure to update here I get any further info from him.

1 week later
    #1197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

I was supposed to get a GZ pro in March. Distributor said everything has been pushed a month so likely the March orders won’t get shipped until late April or May. He said stern is having issues getting parts and is behind. He said he could get surprised and see a small shipment come sooner but it’s a guessing game. He wasn’t optimistic

More ammo for my belief they’ve intentionally left June open for a mid-year catch-up. Fits with the announcement that they are focussing on getting rid of the backlog.

#1268 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

Where? I look every day? Didn't see it on Facebook or Instagram..?

Check out Stern’s Instagram Stories it’s there.

#1281 2 years ago
    Quoted from FNwoz:

My Godzilla Pro is coming this week and I was slated for May. Just got an email. Definitely running Godzilla. Excited.

That is fantastic!!!!

#1373 2 years ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

Is this like a late April Fool's joke or something?

Nope, just a wee bit off on the date…

48FFD7EF-4DD0-44CD-A855-7A9890F59EE6 (resized).jpeg48FFD7EF-4DD0-44CD-A855-7A9890F59EE6 (resized).jpeg
    #1386 2 years ago

X2 … and some breathing room in the schedule in case of the inevitable problems before then

1 month later
    #2167 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Well the factory flooded, can’t imagine that helps the timeline…[quoted image]

Is that post current? Can’t see it anywhere on their social media…

#2239 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Next week was supposed to be Godzilla

Some people on the GZ owners thread are reporting deliveries next week.

#2370 1 year ago
    Quoted from tkur85:

Hearing JP pro on the line as well so looks like that whole July wave moved up.

That’s very interesting. Wonder what impact it’ll have (if any) on the GZ July run. “Double run” GZ in July?

1 week later
    #2554 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Looking at this I'm starting to like my theory that they've been stockpiling parts for a new cornerstone since March (when they decided to omit one) I hope it's a good title if that's the case.
    Otherwise, how in the world are they going to run a new game for 3 solid months. Or, is that just filler because nothing else is confirmed for that time frame?

There were rumors GZ would be run in the fall, haven’t heard much on it in a while.

#2572 1 year ago

JackG are the estimates in each month chronological? Ie: in July is JP expected to run before GZ? Or since it’s a Pro only would they run it in one line and GZ (Pro or Prem) on the other?

Selfish reasons for the question (trying to guess on my own timing) but also find the logistics of all this pretty interesting.

2 weeks later
    #2901 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think you guys are lucky. Almost every shipper here SUCKS A$$.
    ZERO tracking capabilities that are somewhat accurate and sometimes you are SOL until you are not

Last WTF moment was when they left a $2500 cocktail cab we bought as a wedding present on our front steps without a signature (required). Same thing zero tracking ability. Luckily we weren’t out of town or the porch pirates would have had some sweet booty to plunder…

I’m picking my GZ up in person so I can avoid that mess (along with potential damage) just lucky I’m only 4 hours one way…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pugster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=pugster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.