Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider obed_marsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#661 2 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:I asked my distributor about my early premium order.
    I was told to expect my pin sometime in qtr 3

Ya, I ordered day 1 and was told I was the last one in the first run batch from the distributor and expected for October. October passed and I checked back in my order and was told his allotment was one short by mine, and that it should come "any day now".

Still haven't heard anything. In normal times I would have canceled a long time ago. Still holding out hope I'll get it in March.

3 weeks later
    #829 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

That’s interesting, I ordered early December. I was originally told august possibly/doubtfully March but that was before the extra production runs. I’m hoping for the may run now fingers crossed. I’m interested to see what other dist. Have told other Godzilla buyers because mine has been silent. (This is my first NIB purchase)

I ordered on day 1 and was told that I was the last one in the initial Premium run and should get it in October. October rolled around and no word from the distro. Reach out a few times and was initially told "Any day now" and then when October passed and no word. Contacted again and heard that their allocation was short by just 1, mine.

Most recently heard that he can't even guarantee me for March. Starting to get a bit frustrated

#833 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZAuxier:

"Starting"? I'm impressed with your restraint.
    You must also be doing this longer than I have, because I'm in for a GZ March Pro and am already having anxiety about not getting it anytime soon. It is my first NIB, so there's that, but we're not even halfway through the month and I'm already freaking out.

Ya, I would be much more worked up by now, but I got a Halloween also and been busy enough that haven't been able to play that all that much recently so that kept me tided over for a bit, but I'll be drifting into freaking out if I don't get Godzilla in March or early april if the march batch is delayed across the board.

#873 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup… the GZ pros and premiums are both supposed to ship this month. I haven’t heard anything which usually means more delays.

I think the situation would bother me less if there was a bit more transparency.

Even if it boiled down to "we have no real eta, but we're held up by x" or Stern even giving a rough production schedule albeit with estimates and unknowns. The over the top secrecy is pretty obnoxious.

I'm closing in on half a year waiting on a day 1 godzilla premium order and I know some people have been waiting way longer than that for other Stern games like Elvira.

I even considered canceling my Godzilla order and swapping to an Elvira order, but no guarantee have a chance with that with what sounds like a lot of backlogged orders, and a vague "late 2022". They might make a few games, probably not enough to fulfill existing orders even.

#916 2 years ago
    Quoted from PDXFlipper:

This topic should be a sticky as it is a never ending question. Something like current production status/delays.

Agreed. I'm surprised there isn't more activity here, but I suppose everyone is in the dark so only so much that can be said. I'm out of patience waiting for my day 1 Godzilla Premium preorder. I keep checking back here for any shred of possible good news. lol

#984 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

People are reporting receiving their Godzillas at the end of this week or next, so I'm gonna guess that Godzilla is now on the line, all hail the king. Just hope I'm closer to getting my day one order!

Good luck! Getting really anxious for mine as well. I've been trying to minimize my nagging check-ins with the distro I bought from, and while they have been responsive when I've reached out; albeit with no hard info which I understand and dont fault them for, seems rather surprising they haven't volunteered a single update since my day 1 purchase.

I'm still pretty new to the pinball world in a relative sense, but seems in most industries if someone was waiting for half a year for a preorder the business would be providing periodic updates on status. I'm sure some people do constantly spam them, but I think I've been pretty restrained, I inquiring 3 times in a total of 6 months wait.

Anyway I'm basically just rambling and venting, but really hoping to get my game in the March batch.

#1089 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Crap. My distro said there’s a lot of people ahead of me for GZ premium. I don’t think I’m probably getting one of the march builds.

Do distributors usually share where someone is in line in their list? I was initially told I was last one in the original run, then that their first run was just short by mine.

Last time I checked they still wouldn't guarantee me a March game and just said that I should get one this year. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but this seemed a bit off given that shouldn't I be first in line and be a lock for March if I was just barely bumped from the initial run..

1 week later
    #1258 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Uh oh. I’ve not heard a peep. Not feeling great

Feeling pretty grim for people waiting on Godzilla. Haven't heard anything myself, but would have expected a bit more activity if any significant numbers were getting out there.

#1317 2 years ago

Has anyone hopeful for a March Godzilla Premium heard from the distros they bought from either way? I think only saw a single person mention being confirmed for a March Premium so far.

#1344 2 years ago
    Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm very happy for everyone who is getting the emails that their GZ's are ready to ship. I am still waiting for my email. Was told I was in the first run then got bumped. Was told I was def in the March run but I have the sinking feeling that I'm getting bumped yet again. Sad.

Ya, I'm in the same boat. My day 1 order was bumped from round 1 and have heard no real info since. I was just guaranteed to be sometime this year. I'm not feeling too good about March.

I probably would have cancelled by now, but there isn't much available to get any other machine in the foreseeable future.

#1383 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

At least he’s doing it quietly, unlike the distributor down in Florida who’s shamelessly asking 12,500 for his NIB GZ premiums and Rush premiums on Facebook

Ya, I wouldn't be surprised at all if in the current situation with shortages and NIB games going for well over msrp that some of the distros are telling people they got short allocations just to turn around and sell on the side for scalper pricing. Some even seem to be openly be doing so.

#1411 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve not played it yet, how is this pin?
    I’ve got DP and Elvira on order not sure if Elvira will be allocated enough for me.

Ya, I'm REALLY kicking myself for not getting an Elvira during the initial launch. I was pretty strained financially at the time, but considered an Elvira LE. In hindsight it would have been a good move, but who could have known. Now Elvira HoH Premiums are going for way more than the LE did at retail MSRP. I really want to get one eventually, but I think a good chance its too late to get on that next and likely final batch, and if I want one i'd have to pay through the nose on the secondary market.

#1443 2 years ago

I had almost given up hope on getting my Godzilla Premium for the March run, but finally got the call this morning that it should be shipping soon!

I was starting to get really ancy about it. Had ordered on 9-14. This thread was a good outlet for venting in the meantime. Good luck to everyone waiting on games.

#1626 2 years ago

Got a call from FedEx freight today that my Godzilla Premium will be delivered next week. Shipping directly from Stern.

#1633 2 years ago

Maine Home Rec. Ordered on 9-14-21

#1675 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Only if the distro is taking too many orders and aren't gong to get their full allocation. How big the list is and where you are on that list is what matters.
    Also I had seen one distro increase the price by $1000 to $9999 (Granted that is only one, does it foretell that the next run will see a thousand dollar increase? and if so will that reduce the number of peeps on the existing list?).

I'm interested in this game and asked around at a few distributors and none seemed to have any idea what was going on with it beyond a small run in late 22' or early 23'. It sounded like most of them had long waiting lists or already took it down for preorders some time ago.

I'm not optimistic about being able to get it at msrp unless already have been on a list for many months.

#1771 2 years ago

Arrived yesterday. Was a long wait, but excited to get some games in.

20220413_203136 (resized).jpg20220413_203136 (resized).jpg
    #1774 2 years ago

When did you order?
    So hyped for you!

Thanks! Ordered day of reveal on 9-14. The machine shows a March 30 build date.

#1793 2 years ago

Is it common to have damage when receiving a game? This will be my first NIB should I be nervous of it showing up in pieces ?! How often does that happen?

I learned the hard way, but just make sure to inspect before signing the bill of Lading. I originally only thought would do that if the box looked thrashed, but when I got Halloween the box looked perfectly fine, and the tip n tell looked good. When I unboxed the machine there was massive cabinet wood damage. It looked like the game had been dropped on the pallet from a forklift.

Luckily I had bought the game directly from Spooky and even though I had signed for the machine and accepted delivery and didn't discover the damage until a few days later they went above and beyond in helping me out. They covered return shipping and ended up building me a new machine. That said they didn't have to do that, and if they weren't so cool about it I would have been screwed

So definitely at least do a cursory inspection before accepting delivery and signing the bill.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider obed_marsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.