Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#826 2 years ago

Stranger Things is STH and I believe Stern stopped running pros, premiums and UV kits awhile back. From what I’ve heard they will not hit the line again. Stern is currently prioritizing Mando Godzilla and Deadpool premiums on the second line I believe

Quoted from PinStalker:

With ST season 4 about to come out in a few months, and it being renewed for a Season 5 (2023?)..... interest will be rekindled in a big way.
    Shouldn't there be another run or two on this one?
    Every pin I like the most, are the one's Stern doesn't like building!! (Elvira & ST) HA!!

#843 2 years ago

Naysaying Spooky games is wack, TNA RAM ACNC and HWN all shred. I prefer their games over JJP and AP any day of the week.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes it is
    CRAP1
    CRAP2
    CRAP3
    TNA
    CRAP4
    CRAP5

#846 2 years ago

“Design is not a strength of Spooky”

Care to elaborate? I love the design of each of the Spooky pins I listed earlier. HWN by far being the winner…followed ACNC RAM and TNA. They don’t feel or play like Sterns and are more difficult in some ways. But that’s what I love about them. They all shoot great…if you’re shooting great.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Have to disagree - design is not a strength of Spooky. TNA was the only one worth buying to me and we all know who designed that one. To each his own...

#863 2 years ago

What about it constitutes a design “disaster”? It shoots great. You’re of course entitled to your opinion but opinions without supportive reasoning is just…hot air.

Quoted from freakandgeek:

I guess we all have opinions...Halloween to me is a disaster in terms of design. I struggle to think of a recent pinball machine with a poorer design. The theme and artwork are killer (pun intended).

1 month later
    #1861 2 years ago

So…what are the next games NEVER to hit the line again? Is this the last time for Deadpool and Jurrasic? Stranger Things and Iron Maiden are both officially out of production right? I bet TMNT might not see a run either given the lesser demand (which is insane as it’s a fantastic game)

#1864 2 years ago

See but, it’s cheap to manufacture as it has a low BOM and it’s a popular theme. So if the license is still active I can see them running it again.

#1865 2 years ago

lol how do you account for all the $8000 pros being sold on the secondary market then? The license is gonna run out soon and it definitely has a higher BOM than some of the other games.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

I’m pretty sure they’re gonna run Deadpool until the last person on the planet has one! Lol!

#1868 2 years ago

Real drop targets banks are very expensive, that’s why we don’t see them on pros anymore… metal ramps and rails. That’s about it.

Quoted from CashMoney:

What makes you think DP has a higher BOM?
    I don't see anything to warrant a higher BOM.

#1873 2 years ago

This was what I was referencing

#1875 2 years ago

Everyone knows the waitlist for DP is far longer than the numbers that Stern will ever produce. Every time it goes on the line distros think they are getting 10 and they actually receive like 3. A friend of mine sold an unmodded HUO DP a month back for $7800 believe it or not. Like anything else they won’t run the game forever and when they get back to the normal cornerstone schedule we will see far less previously released titles hit the line.

Quoted from Happy81724:

They are hitting the market because another run is coming. I’d do the same if I had a DP. Get it sold for top dollar anticipating a lot of demand will be filled with the run. I just got on a premium for the next build so some have allocation. It could be like mando and aiq where nib is available which obviously hurts the secondary market
    Also, show me all the sold 8k dp’s? I see a super modded one and people asking over 8 but not seeing them sold

#1887 2 years ago

Smart man

Quoted from bigguybbr:

That's why I felt I was lucky when I picked up a DP Pro for $6200 last week. I was on the list for one of the new ones, but who knows when I would see it

#1922 2 years ago

Here’s a trick for getting your game QUICK, like… lightening quick. Open a location, become Stern army and let the public enjoy your games, make money and become adored by your community.

#1994 1 year ago

Not unless Kaminkow designs it. And if he does it’ll be a $12k game. If not the licensing will be so expensive it’ll lookin like Led Zep. It’s a lose lose.

Quoted from JakePG:

wouldn't BTTF be considered a boutique?

#1998 1 year ago

I’m interested in BTTF, but as a pro for my location. If it’s a $10k boutique game hard pass for me.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Take it anyway I can get it. I fear it will be a boutique pin with premium MSRP around $9500-$10000. Buying one whatever the cost.
    I opened a new account just to save for this pin.

#2011 1 year ago

ELTON JOHN?!?! No way. That is just like…odd.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Steve was working on James Bond when he left Stern. He was basically done with the whitewood. Now Elton John is being worked on at JJP.

#2014 1 year ago

LION KING?!?! No way…that is just like…odd.

Quoted from radium:

It’s the codename for the Lion King pin coming after Toy Story.

#2065 1 year ago

Stern has 2 lines.

Quoted from PinPickle:

My DP ships Monday from my distro and I should get it mid-end of next week. They got a couple DP's Pro's and Premium's (all are spoken for). No idea how many lines stern has but DP is on one for sure.

1 week later
    #2128 1 year ago

This is why they released Rush, I doubt they’ll drop two turds in a row

Quoted from Kkoss24:

So basically ,the August cornerstone needs to be a Turd to help Stern get caught up ?

2 weeks later
    #2410 1 year ago

It’s unclear whether or not DP JP and a few other older games will be on the line in 2023. Off they go back to four cornerstones a year the backlog will definitely suffer due to parts shortages

Quoted from mbl1116:

Did they confirm a 2023 run or does no one really know the schedule yet?

#2539 1 year ago

If anyone is waiting endlessly on a DP pro I’ll let mine go in Rhode Island for a reasonable price. It’s been on location from 4pm-9pm for the past six months. It’s in nice shape cleaned once weekly and waxed once a month. I’m the second owner. We have too many superhero pins in here. I’m also open to trades. Pm me.

#2543 1 year ago

Oh my bad I’ll just go F myself then. There’s a lot of people looking for a DP so I figured I’d throw it out there. Nothing predatory about offering up a nice clean softly routed DP for $5k even. I’ll just keep it on location earning. Don’t pm me. Offer revoked.

…rude. Here I am thinking I’m being helpful to the community.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Not liking how this thread is taking a turn into semi-predatory, unofficial for sale ads. Folks here probably look at the marketplace, too. If you have a game to sell, take it to the marketplace. Don’t bring it here! This isn’t a “for sale” thread. Not helpful.

1 year later
    #7824 84 days ago

Stern is going to run everything forever now until every square one of the planet is populated by Sterns. I think you’re good.

Quoted from ZombiePartie:

When will they stop Godzillas? Need to know the time I still have left to buy NIB lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.