Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#642 2 years ago
    Quoted from smoothbore19:

Ya I kept it because of the long wait times. I'll just keep the decals put aside till down the road. I'm not in a hurry now it's here. I really like this machine. Even the wife who really isn't into pinball is enjoying it. I put a coat of Pinheadz black Ops wax on it last night, and I'm playing the crap out of it.

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I had to replace the front decal on my Munsters. I did it with the cab still being like it was on legs (but a sawhorse instead) since it was a small decal and the typical stuff to remove the residual glue wasn't much help. RapidTac's decal remover worked like a champ. Came right off. Just a FYI for later.

Back to the original thread!

2 months later
    #2210 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Just based on the date and that someone is paying under MSRP, it is most likely Avengers (Maybe Mando). No Distributor is going to sell Deadpool, Godzilla, or Rush under MSRP.

Billygrippo has an Avengers Prem in his lineup...

2 months later
    #3449 1 year ago

Just got the notice this AM. GZ Prem showing up Monday.

4 months later
    #4691 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

I really like Elvira, it’s a very smooth layout and quite different from Godzilla. I’ve thought about buying one but they’re a bit pricy and I’m only so-so on the theme. Not that I don’t like Elvira, but I prefer Scared Stiff for being a little more edgy. Try to find one to play if you can, I think you’ll like it.

Don't forget Lyman's code, pretty amazing.

6 months later
    #6991 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Latest schedule. No changes, just splitting up Venom to be more specific. Happy Reveal Day tomorrow.
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - FF Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2023 - JP Pro
    Aug 2023 - STERN MOVES
    Aug 2023 - Venom Pro (locations)
    Sep 2023 - Venom LE & Premium
    Oct 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Oct 2023 - Foo Fighters Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    ??? 2024 - SW Pro & Premium
    ??? 2024 - Mando Pro & Premium

Got the notice our Foo Pro will ship in a few days.

1 month later
    #7247 7 months ago
    Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

I just got my August build Deadpool. Not sure if this was a new factory production, but a lot of things are wrong:
    1. Switches for D-E-A-D and P-O-O-L are wired in reverse, hitting one letter would light up another. So it's hard to keep track which letter I have to hit
    2. Bumper swicthes are mixed up. Same as above, hitting one will light up another
    3. Backbox lock were bent out of proportion and couldn't be unlocked upon arrival, I had to reach from the back hole and unscrew the whole thing to open it and fix it.
    4. Action button didn't work, I had to bend the copper wire a bit more outward to fix it.
    This is my first Stern ever and really disappointed with QC.

I had a similar problem w/my GZ Prem. Connector wired wrong. Clearly they aren't testing.

2 weeks later
    #7376 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

4000 pins? Um, no. Full capacity is supposedly 1000/wk at the new factory. Even if you take off a full week for Thanksgiving (they do not get a week off), they're not making 3000 GZ Premiums in November.

It's all the Cointaker $1 reservation spots getting filled, LOL.

3 weeks later
    #7483 6 months ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Is stern making more rush machines now?
    They posted this video yesterday.

Those must be the guys that put my Sept. build DP front decal on too low.

You can see the white edge of the decal below the cabinet edge. Someone else in the DP thread had the same problem. Even my Foo is right at the edge. Normally it's offset maybe a 1/16" or so.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #7566 5 months ago
    Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

I got my deadpool prem in this morning...

got a shipping notice on deadpool prem this morning so it looks like there starting to get shipped.

Check your DeadPool targets vs. the lights they light up. The last run a few weeks ago, they were wired wrong. On mine (and others), the 'D' target lit the wrong 'D', 'E' was swapped with the 'A', etc. Every single one was wrong. Not a hard fix, just move the targets to the correct letter.

Sad thing is, I didn't even notice until I read about someone else having the same problem!

It is a great pin!

#7572 5 months ago

I just checked mine its all good my manufacture date is oct 30th if that makes a difference. But all the drop targets line up with the correct letter

Good deal, Stern must have caught wind of the problem and fixed it for the Oct build.

Now that I think about - I have a Pro, maybe the Prems weren't affected. Pros just have standup targets for DEADPOOL.

#7574 5 months ago

Yea that would have been something i might of overlooked at first thank god i didn't have to mess with the wiring...
    I've had good luck with sterns quality control, only real issue was my foo fighter kafoom kick wasn't kicking when i lifted the playfield the screws for the mech were sitting at the bottom next to the big speaker. And godzilla the center back spinner wasn't registering so i had to lift up the thin piece of metal so it would make contact with the spinner.
    But other then that knock on wood i've had good luck.

After selling a couple of pins, I ended up getting a Foo and DP. Both NIB and all from the recent builds. No issues w/Foo. I always check that all switches work, but it was just in the diagnostic switch tests. It never occurred to me to start a game and make sure the switch actually lit up the right LED!

Another thing I noticed on DP was the front decal was slightly below the bottom of the cabinet edge, not offset from the edge. I still need to trim that. My older Spike 2 pins were offset. I noticed my GZ front decal was closer to the edge, Foo was right at the edge, and DP finally was past the edge. Doesn't hurt anything, but it could get damaged when being moved or if you grab the pin by the front. So you might want to eyeball that too. Someone else had the same issue w/his DP.

#7576 5 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

My recent Deadpool pro build was that way too. The front and right side decals hung off like an 1/8 of an inch, enough that I was worried they might get caught on something and torn. Took an x-acto knife and carefully ran it along the edge at a 45 degree angle and trimmed small sections of excess off at a time.

Did you use a straight edge or some painters tape (delicate type) as a guide? Or just wing it?

#7580 5 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

The side wood panels all have a small 45 degree cut along the edge, I used that as a guide to set the angle of my blade and slowly moved from left to right while also making a small downward stroke with the blade and repeated that a little bit at a time. I still need to look over the whole game, I just addressed the worst bits near the front of the cabinet that were most likely to have something rub up against it.

Got it - thanks. I noticed the small bevel, I'll try following that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.