Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 853 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by matt68061
  • Topic is favorited by 531 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    IMG_5830 (resized).jpg
    hmm-futurama.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4380 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Bruce Springsteen

Stern already did a pin based on the Boss.

Boss Pin (resized).jpgBoss Pin (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #4521 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Gomez has mentioned in past interviews that he doesn’t like wide bodies so I wouldn’t expect one. From George:

"In my opinion, wide-bodies are inherently flawed. The kinetics are compromised. Shots outside the standard 20.25“ width are weak shots, given the available stroke on standard flippers. The stroke of a flipper is approx. 50 degrees. You can rotate the entire flipper to help that but then you compromise the shots in the center of the playfield. One constraint is that the flipper is a lever and it accelerates thru its arc of travel as a function of the force applied by the solenoid."

George is no doubt a smart and experienced guy. A flipper solenoid provides torque, rotational force to a constrained flipper. It might be true that there is a maximum flipper rotation (travel) for efficient gameplay and that limits ideal torque, making, for wide bodies, larger flippers and more solenoid power counter-productive as he implies, just to reach all of the additional playfield space and compromise shots to the rest of the playfield. As such, at the very least, ramps could be moved to the wide body side walls and that opens up the rest of the space to more center shots for the ideal flipper travel he talks about using standard flippers and solenoids. This would allow for taller mechs that would lack space in interference with more centered ramps. It allows for a bigger BOM and more cool stuff as we all know and have seen in wide bodies already. The trick is that you could constrain the playfield sides with ball guides to simulate a standard playfield, within a wide body layout, just having the ramps in those blocked off areas at the sides to free up more of the standard layout usable space and have the same dynamics as a standard playfield, providing the same "feel" we are all used to. You'd have to fill up that extra usable standard layout space with more cool stuff then you would see in a standard pin though to make it worthwhile. Just thoughts from a player with no playfield design experience, except in my head. George is the man though.

#4527 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Question when the distributors receive their factory schedule for upcoming months does it include accessories such as toppers and side armor

I received my Mando topper Saturday.

#4531 1 year ago

I'd be more concerned with fitting a wide body through a standard size door. Any issues with that from experience?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.