Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2796 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

When is AIQ stated for?

I'm not sure 'when', but AIQ is the abbreviation for 'avengers infinity quest'

edit: lol. I completely misread your message. you're asking when AIQ is next on the line. sorry grabbing the info from last page, I don't see it on the docket for this year

May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Mando Pro
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

stern should really reconsider changing the aug star wars production (pro & premium) to the comic art version. my guess is that the demand would be higher for that art package

2 months later
    #3517 1 year ago

I'm still kind of stunned that we haven't seen or heard of anything for the mando, godzilla or rush toppers and with rush being the most recent title which is now 8 months old

#3565 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Ill try to help people understand how some things operate, even if they are not Tilt customers.

just who do you think you are? some who actually cares about the hobby? remind me to buy you a drink this weekend!

5 months later
    #4879 1 year ago

at some point during the last 14-15 months, stern changed their policy and no longer will ship any parts for games that they are running on the line.

I've been waiting 11 months now for parts for games that are not being run, but the last time we were actually at the warehouse, we we only able to grab 4 of the 40+ items that I have on order.

it's kind of sad when you're there to pick up about $2K worth of parts and all they can hand you is a spinner, a spinner bracket, an opto bracket, and a decal.

4 weeks later
    #5450 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wow! Watched all FFLE stream by JD and Stern. FF is already one heck of game at v.80 but hearing the software designers discuss what’s already in and what’s coming, it blow my mind.
    Photo of Ray Day’s historic 909M point score!
    I’m sure he could have stretched it over 1 billion, but more code is coming. How did the others do? Game designer Jack Danger got 21M (about MM level scoring and Jack is very good). Tanio is a star coder and he explains the rule nuances well. He has been one of my favorites to watch play on stream. But he is not a strong player and he scored 3M.
    On his way to the monster score, RayDay completes a level and mentions it is supposed to start a 2 ball multiball, but that wasn’t working in the game yet. Haha because he’s one of the coders. Anyways, as you would expect for such a momentous event, nobody noticed or said anything. Side note to self - Ray Day is going places and I don’t mean in the FF van.
    [quoted image]

one question:
    who in their right mind would record a single song onto a 90min cassette and label each cassette like that?

1 week later
    #5598 1 year ago
    Quoted from Xdetroit:

Give me a home made topper that’s 1/5 the price all day!
    [quoted image]

it's nice and I gave you a thumbs up, but isn't it a bit redundant? the very same logo image is on the backglass not 4" south of that topper

3 months later
    #6642 10 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I am different than some as i only send invoices out when they are in my possession, Ive learned that if i send invoice out prior to getting them, then something happens and im shorted a few, making the call to the customer that sent a payment in and telling them "sorry i didnt get enough" is one of those calls i will never make again

I'm sorry that I could only provide one thumbs up for this type of business ethics

1 week later
    #6772 10 months ago
    Quoted from scootss:

One other bit that is interesting is how Costco ends up selling items for less than other retailers.
    Sonos is notoriously controlling on their pricing...but they can't afford not to sell at Costco. So, they come up with special editions and bundles that aren't sold anywhere else.
    https://www.costco.com/home-theater-systems.html?brand=sonos&refine=%7C%7CBrand_attr-Sonos
    You'll also see it occaisonally when the model of a TV differs very slightly at Costco vs what is sold elsewhere.

this is exactly the same as what happened in the 80s and 90s when you had big box stores competing with each and offering to price match. highland appliance and fretter used to advertise "we'll match or beat their price on the same item" but then would have companies like hp, sony, etc... produce a product with sku that was unique to their retail chain so that they didn't have to price match.

2 weeks later
    #6943 9 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Pretty sure it will be an Indy vault in November according to the rumors on Pinside.

why would they even consider re-running that god awful crystal skull game?

2 weeks later
    #6998 9 months ago

I see the word "nefarious" and I immediately think of dr. nefario from the minion movies
    dr nefario (resized).jpgdr nefario (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #7268 7 months ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

My recent purchase of a NIB Iron Maiden pro this summer came without a jumper pin. The jumper needs to be on the CPU in order for the lights to come ON. I did contact Stern immediately and it was sent to me within a week. Minor issue compared to what you had with Deadpool.
    Still.... Quality Checks!!!

to anyone that takes the tour this year, I'd love to hear their response to why all of these defects are occurring right out of the box given that they "test each and every machine" prior to it being boxed up and leaving the factory floor. a comment that they proudly make near the end of the tour.

if this was truly the case, none of the issues that we users are experiencing would occur. they need to go back to QC checklists with employees having to sign off. that way, when people receive their machines with issues, stern will know who to re-train, discipline, and/or terminate.

4 weeks later
    #7469 6 months ago

from the video... "name a cooler job than pinball machine tester"

umm... pinball designer, pinball coder, pinball architect
    sort of like "name a cooler job than [x] assembly line worker"

1 week later
    #7489 6 months ago
    Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

They need to restock there acc's

and parts. I still have parts on order from stern for over 2 years now. originally, the mantra was "we can't/don't ship parts for games that are on the line" but that doesn't explain the fact that I've not been able to get nearly anything that I've had on order with them for a periods ranging from 6 - 30 months

1 month later
    #7650 5 months ago

I thought that this was the last run for deadpool (both pros and premiums). is stern extending the license so that they can produce more in Q4 of next year?

2 months later
    #7815 3 months ago
    Quoted from SiN13:

How often does Stern go back and rerun accessories for older games still in production? Kind of want the Deadpool side armor and it’s the only accessory I haven’t been able to track down yet.

I picked up my DP side armor from the chicago expo last year knowing that it was hard to find. I grabbed the only set at the show and I haven't seen another vendor having stock of it since.

1 month later
    #8019 49 days ago

is it a code issue or a broken game?

on the LE that I played last week, the [shark] fin target never raised above the playfield, although the red [blood] in the water was moving in the arc and the display was prompting players to shoot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.