Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ianwho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1020 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I get it...I'm just not going to tolerate it. If I walk into a car dealership with 9k and tell them I'm looking to spend 9k...they're not going to tell me to come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. They MIGHT tell me to screw off (literally had a sales guy laugh in my face in November when I told them I was looking for a 22 Civic Sport and had 15k in hand for down payment!), or they might show me some cars, but they're not going to leave me alone. They'll send emails for months and months afterwards asking if I'm still interested in a car ETC.
    There's got to be some level of personal accountability is what I'm saying. If I can't even get through the *sale* without having to be a rabid dog chasing them.....what kind of support should I expect from a distro like that when there's a dead node board the first month, or whatever? The whole thing just kills all the mojo around getting a NIB game for me. I'd rather not have it than feel like I gave someone that much money that didn't do a single damn thing to earn it other than type out some forms and pass tax back to the government. I've passed on things I wanted plenty of times...this isn't new to me. I'm not a FOMO guy very much, so these "sit back and wait for it to happen" kind of things don't really work with me.
    I buy NIB for two reasons:
    Less BS than dealing with private sales.
    After-purchase support if something happens with the game.
    That's it. If either one of those things isn't in the equation...the math simply doesn't add up. I had stellar experiences with GEX previously with Metallica and AC/DC. Zero complaints. But now? They didn't even bother responding when I filled out their info request form. Sure, maybe it got lost in their email, accidentally deleted....whatever. That's not my fault, or my problem. If I had time to play phone tag with people all day, then I would've started there. Service across the board has gone to shit if you ask me. It's not really limited to this distro or that distro...it's all of them, just a question of degree.
    At any rate, I've made my point and had my little crybaby rant. I'll pull up my pants now and move on with life.

I find messaging JJ on Facebook is the fastest rout to his responses. Not saying that’ll always work, but it works for me every time so far.

1 week later
    #1200 2 years ago

Just talked to my distributor. Looks like I’ll be getting my game in two weeks or so. He said that he is getting his full allotment of Godzilla premiums, it’s just about two weeks delayed.

#1210 2 years ago
    Quoted from LeMansFan:

You're not using a certain distributor in Benicia, are you? I've been told by that one my GZ premium will be much later than originally thought.

No I’m not using that distributor. Hopefully that isn’t the case. I’ve heard from both stern and my distributor that Godzilla is on the line now.

#1264 2 years ago

Stern finally posted a picture on Instagram with Godzillas on the line in the background.

#1275 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

I did. There's nothing outside the playfield showing anything. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing. Ahhhhhhh the STORIES. I see it now.
    Nice to see it won't be much longer.
    Thanks for the clarity. More than just a pic. Short video too.

Just noticed the videos!! Awesome

1 week later
    #1426 2 years ago

I hope I get my premium in the next couple of weeks. My distributor only got 9 premiums from this recent run of GZ. He says he thinks he’s getting more. That doesn’t sound hopeful though.

#1479 2 years ago

Hey now, we don’t all have multiple preorders. I only preordered from GameExchange. They’ve been super communicative, and have answered all my questions. I didn’t make it on the March run unfortunately, but should be on the next one.

#1578 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

So what happened to the Godzilla March/April production? If this is the case, I'm pissed!

Yep, I didn’t get mine either

#1591 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Not fully.
    They ran out of parts on the GZ just last week and are finishing it up (now that they have the parts?) after AIQ gets off the line shortly.

I heard this same thing, hopefully more will be made for us “March” premium people

1 week later
    #1785 2 years ago

I was told on the 5th of April that it was a parts issue thing, and to expect my machine in two to three weeks. I’m basically just waiting until May when it’s on the line again. Should at least get mine by May.

1 week later
    #2008 1 year ago

I didn’t make the March run of Godzilla’s. I’m almost guaranteed to be on the next run.

#2030 1 year ago

Do you think the May Godzilla run will ship end of May early June?

1 week later
    #2203 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Hey dealers, come take my money! I will gladly pay you a mark up on a Godzilla Premium. PM if available. Discretion assured. Thanks.

You sir, are part of the problem. Wait in line like everyone else!!

#2205 1 year ago

Just got the email for my Godzilla Premium!! I’m beyond excited

#2208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

I'm excited for you... When did you reserve yours?

Early October with JJ at game exchange. Shipping company says 3 days!!

#2245 1 year ago

My build date for my Godzilla premium that I got yesterday was April 11th. So mine was one of those that just needed completion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ianwho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=ianwho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.