Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4208 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

The buzz surrounding this game feels like it’s faded into almost nothing with how long its taken

I’m very excited for this game.

3 weeks later
    #4458 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

A comic overlay for The Walking Dead that wasn't so gross and ugly like the art package now would substantially increase uptake of the game. I know a LOT of people who can't/won't have it in their house because of the art package. Fix that and it will instantly be more popular because the game itself is *amazing*. Probably my favorite pin, and I am *not* a fan of horror. The code is just so good.

I’m a fan of horror and I still think this game is ugly as sin! I’ll never be without one though, it is most likely my favorite game of all time.

The code is perfection.

1 month later
    #4728 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Pretty much everybody on here who runs a location says that Star Wars is always the top earner by a mile. It's a giant magnet for kids to run up to and parents to drop the coins, more than any other of the licensed franchises. Same for home use, it's the biggest kid-parent franchise by far.

Not a great earner and we tried it over 4 locations. It’s just a brutal game for casuals. A theme can pull some initial money, but if it feels like a cheap drain it will have no lasting appeal on route. Obviously location dependent, but we had no luck. Fixing that hyperdrive loop was definitely a pain, just remembered that part. Ha!

Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Rush seems to be the definition of something that will have no long term legs. All the Rush fans bought one right away and it's not like there's any new Rush fans still being created. And the pinballing isn't amazing enough to transcend the dad-rock genre like Iron Maiden did. Iron Maiden makes you feel badass, Rush's vibe is to make you feel silly. Rush's ceiling for demand is no higher than Led Zeppelin and probably lower.
    I love AIQ, but I'll agree its layout doesn't fit its theme. AIQ should have had big bash toys for Thanos and the villains, and the zoomy oops-all-ramps layout should have been another game, Rush would have been a good fit for that since the songs are so flowy.

Rush is a players game through and through. Great rules and the definition of long legs for a home game. I’m not a rush fan really and the game has been more addicting than the last few sterns. Great game!

2 weeks later
    #4791 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I think that may be a niche website that is best used with a VPN.

Hahahhaha!

1 week later
    #4985 1 year ago
    Quoted from acupunk12:

Yeah I concur. It’s gotta be something cool like cross roads , Faustian deal with the devil theme or something like that. Like an evolution of BKSOR . I never saw anyone ever rock a FF shirt.

Music aside, their album art has always been pretty bad. Very vanilla band.

1 week later
    #5218 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

Not to be all nerdy but you 100% still owe the sales tax on out of state purchases. I have done my ethical duty to inform. Carry on discussion of fraud.

Thank you for your service.

2 weeks later
    #5488 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Imagine if you called a car rental place and reserved a car for a certain date for a vacation you were going on, and once you got there they said “I’m sorry, we rented all the cars out already”… oh, wait…

In your scenario you never received the product at all that you put a deposit on and a refund is in order.

In no way is that the same thing thing as putting down money towards a good that you accept has no hard and fast build date.

Why would any dealer want to to hold your item for essentially nothing down, with no legal contract on the hope that when said item is built that you will show up cash in hand to pick up?

I can’t imagine the amount of BS games dealers go through with people throwing a refundable deposit down 10 different places knowing they will maybe buy one of them and sell or ghost out on the rest. In a perfect world we are all honest and do what is said, that’s not the world we live in unfortunately.

#5499 1 year ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Spare the outrage skippy… not only was I was making a joke, it was meant to be the opposite of what you somehow worked it out to be. That when you make a deposit to buy something (or reserve a car) you intend to do so. Christ, this site is nuts…

I just saw it as a response to metalliks post.

No worries, I love Seinfeld. Missed the reference apparently.

#5530 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

No - it USED to be premiums last. But they switched on the latest games.
    My interpretation is they’ve been building more and more operator pros in the initial builds… lessening the urgency to build pros immediately after the LEs.
    Too many home buyers are getting initial run games… that says to me they keep pumping that program.

I noticed that with bond. Although they could be running more home use pros at launch too.

6 months later
    #7338 7 months ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Goddamn it Stern. Way to satisfy demand and Vault a game no one is asking for. My bank account is happy.

Quoted from Capn12:

Nobody:
    Stern: Hey, lets make some GOTG Pros, at $7k each!

It still crushes on location and operators buy them often. GOTG out earns many spike 2 games.

The home buyer isn't the #1 target audience always, even though you feel like you are.

1 week later
    #7396 6 months ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

If you mean GOTG I'm not so sure about that. From what I've been told they are in demand on location and a good earner.

You are correct, it’s awesome on location for operators. It sells just fine so there are many that are still asking for it.

1 month later
    #7597 5 months ago
    IMG_6243.gifIMG_6243.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=doublestack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.