Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#667 2 years ago

I was only told by end of year on GZ PRE by Cointaker - at least of you ordered before 2022. Ordering in 2022 your looking at an unknown 2023 delivery

#679 2 years ago

$400 price increase in April is the new rumor… makes me think even more about a deposit buy. I know a guy that would be through 2 price increases for Elvira at that date.. assuming it’s true. Maybe just LEs

#683 2 years ago

IDK - but at these prices already if they weren’t pushing it before they are now.

Quoted from chad:

How can Stern raise prices yet a third time in 8 months(?)

#689 2 years ago

Yes you are correct. But there is a line that some draw - disappointing to think twice about a year long commitment but it is the reality.

Quoted from texas_compadre:

If I'm producing a product and the demand for that product grows to two, three, five times my production capabilities, doesn't it behoove me to expand my production capabilities or bring in leadership with a track record of being able to do so? In the old days, as demand for a product increased, production increased accordingly and prices dropped drastically. Example: PCs.

#693 2 years ago

Your talking LEs man - I’m saying 400 across the board is pushing it. They could as we already know go 20k plus on these (think Elvira 40th)

7k plus for pro let’s see how it goes

Quoted from delt31:

Not even close. They could charge 15k for the LEs and they would sell out easy.
    I have never seen so many games go up in price that the new (high) ceiling is almost 20k now. We're now in this state where 10-13 is actually not that bad and the 14-17 is becoming a lot more common than before. 17-20 is now becoming that top tier with 20+ being the hard to finds (when it wasn't too long ago when this tier was 10k.....by christmas).

#695 2 years ago

Can’t disagree with supply and demand - but shit let’s push this hobby and the collectors see where it’s really at. I’m curious myself but not that curious to stay in. Holding strong on my Halloween standard at less than 7k

Quoted from delt31:

I'm talking pros and premiums and whatever else is coming out of that factory. Pros and Premiums all selling for a....premium right now.
    Until the supply increases significantly, stern can raise 1k and still sell (on both pros and prem). Not saying I like it or approve of it but the market speaks and stern listens.

1 month later
    #1303 2 years ago

A distributor told me that was the case to his understanding.. no more IMs

Quoted from king_pin:

Has anyone been able to confirm that no more Iron Maidens will be made?

#1396 2 years ago

I just heard no more this year - but the license is still active. So maybe next year

Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Some earlier post are saying that Stern is not making anymore Iron Maidens. Is that just this year or is stern retiring the title ? Or are we just guessing?

#1429 2 years ago

I was told this year… that’s all

Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone on list with Cointaker for GZ premium get told they are getting one from recent March build?

#1467 2 years ago

I find it interesting NOBODY wants to mention their distributor. All the secrecy around pinball and end of the day people don’t want to “call out” anyone or cause them more work by having others inquire? It’s their business. They are middle men/women.

I’m pre order through Cointaker last Nov and was told sometime this year.

#1512 2 years ago

When did you put in your deposit?

Quoted from HIPPY:

She said she had 300 ahead of me. Gotta get in line. 2024. Maybe another distributor is shorter. Cointaker is the best, though. $1 deposit.

#1517 2 years ago

It is - but not as weird as people keeping their distributor a secret. It’s like there is something to lose by mentioning it. Transparency is a good thing for US THE CONSUMERS.

Quoted from PapaBless:

Weird I posted a comment almost identical to this and heard crickets.

#1527 2 years ago

This is a silly hobby indeed. I don’t disagree but I mean your spending 10s of thousands and worried about angering a distributor that is there business. Again I get it but man…

Quoted from Mattyk:

If people say what distributor they use, when they made their deposit, and when they received their game it would probably piss a lot of people off that think they should have received their game already. So because of that it’s not worth it. I don’t want to piss someone off by saying I placed my deposit last month and got my game today (not 100% true).
    My luck it would get back to my distributor and then I’m placed on his shit list because he’s getting hundreds of angry phone calls. I don’t know how distributors go through their lists or if they place preference to those that are repeat customers or live locally.
    So what I’m trying to say is that it’s a no win situation if people started naming their distributors. You will not get your game any faster. All it will do is cause anger

#1531 2 years ago

Nonsense. This would remove the transparency and secrecy of the good old boys club.

Quoted from KSP1138:

Wouldn't this be better for everyone involved?
    --A customer places on order for a game directly with Stern (or via an ordering portal from a distributor to Stern) with a non-refundable deposit of $1000 which guarantees the price and place in line, i.e. Godzilla Premium Order number 755.
    --Orders are then assigned by Stern to individual distributors (based on size/geography for those ordered from Stern directly), who take a fixed profit and arrange for delivery or shipping, and handle warranty related issues.
    Stern would know exactly how many orders they have for a given game and could adjust their production accordingly, the customer would know exactly where they are at in line compared to everyone else and be able to better estimate when their game would be delivered, and distributors would have a lot less questions to deal with.

2 weeks later
    #1910 1 year ago

I second this

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You never know! This hobby has gotten mighty strange.

1 month later
    #2712 1 year ago

Distro?

Quoted from KidRichard:

Got notice on the weekend that my distributor is getting a few Godzilla Premiums this week or next week. Paperwork is in process and should have it paid for shortly, which means I should have the game in my house by the end of the month.
    For speculation purposes, I put my name in on November 4th, 2021 for Godzilla Premium.

#2740 1 year ago

Not normal at all

Quoted from amhpensfan:

The reason I did not name the distributer is because like I said, this is the first NIB I have ordered. I really do not know what is normal. I would feel bad if I named them only to find out that this is just the way it is. I also would think that there are not a ton of them who require you to pay in full day 1. Maybe I am wrong on that, but I had no option to pay a deposit to hold my spot. I think I would be more understanding if i only paid a deposit rather than almost $9,000 in November for something I have no clue when I will receive. And yes they are legit and are listed on Sterns website.

#2744 1 year ago

Only other distro I’ve heard take payment in full like that (not in stock) from someone I know is flip n out - although it confused me as I thought they did deposits. He is still waiting

Quoted from amhpensfan:

I paid $8999 No tax and free shipping I bought from a very well known Guy (company) He usually responds after I sent him an email for the 3rd time, but never with any concrete answers. April was his last response and he told me I was "in front of many many many people" and "it would help if Stern added another production run"......

#2746 1 year ago

At least confirms what my buddy told me as well. Not enough people speak up on this - but what everyone else does with their money is up to them.

Quoted from amhpensfan:

I really thought I said who it was Without saying it lol...... Yes it was Flip N out. I am sorry if I seemed to derail the thread. That was not my intent. This thread has been very helpful to me and seems to be my only source for true information and i appreciate it!

#2748 1 year ago

My friend had to pay in full in 2021 and still waiting on Elvira - just sayin.

Quoted from aamauzy:

I have an order for a Rush Premium from Flip N Out. Day one, no deposit nor any ask for payment. He did send out an invoice, but when I asked about it I was immediately told to not worry about it and told twice that he would ask for full payment "about 2 weeks before the game ships". I know someone else who was in the same boat with Rush. He isn't super forthcoming with "where am I in line?" questions beyond his initial estimate, but I didn't blame him for that given that I didn't put down a deposit and he probably gets that email several dozen times a day. If I had paid in full, I probably wouldn't be so accepting of a non-response.
    Maybe Zach changed his policy and was taking full payments in 2021 before a game was close to ready, but that doesn't sound "normal" based on my experience and the experience of another buyer that I know.

#2864 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #3035 1 year ago

I put down in Nov.. just asked and said no lock but they will work with you if they can. The good news is we should still be this year!

Quoted from manadams:

Worst case scenario is Cointaker is lying to me, if that happens I walk away and never buy a game from them again. [quoted image]

#3054 1 year ago

July is the last run identified for the year correct?

Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Yes, last update from the pinball podcast and Zach meny said it was still slated for a July run and my distro also has told me of the July run

#3128 1 year ago

You forgot the price increase

Quoted from PinStalker:

I think Stern is already bored of building GZ, Rush, JP, DP...... they'd much rather be making something (or somethings) else.
    Give them six months and it'll be the same old story:
    Pinheads: "We want GZ premium"
    Stern: "Here's some Pro's"
    Pinheads: "We want GZ premium"
    Stern: "HERE'S SOME PROS"
    Pinheads: "We are waiting for premiums"
    Stern: "Discontinued. Low demand, no need to renew the license"
    Pinheads:

#3150 1 year ago

Yeah I never see them for sale

Quoted from NEW-B:

AC/DC was the hottest game once. They made a ton. Could order one at any time. Then brought it back with a vault. Try to find a used one for anywhere close to MSRP.

3 weeks later
    #3293 1 year ago

When did you get in line?

Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

My distributor told me premiums this week and part of next week. He also said that I was for sure in his allotment needless to say I'm pretty pumped.

#3301 1 year ago

I know but maybe he has the same distro so I asked. Also shows how much longer you’ll have to wait with one distro over another.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

That really has no relevance based on different delivery times for different distributors (unless you are buying from the same one)

#3310 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing I’m Nov 21 sounds like I’m getting closer

Quoted from BMC-Omaha:

I paid for my Godzilla Premium last week, October 2021 order through Cointaker, don't have exact date of order in front of me now. Said going to be back on the line last week of July, so assuming being made now, who knows....

#3324 1 year ago

Chris at Kingpin always responds in a fast manner. MAD pinball has insane customer service and responsiveness. There are good ones out there

#3394 1 year ago

Anyone selling them MSRP?

Quoted from GRB1959:

I just did exactly this. Now the hunt for a NIB EHOH premium is underway. I know, it is not easy to find one.
    Gord

#3470 1 year ago

Some distros have these in stock surprised at the posts about this. Just was given a price ready to ship 3 weeks ago

#3473 1 year ago

Contact Betson

Quoted from smoothbore19:

Are these IC equipped from a resent run?

1 week later
    #3554 1 year ago

Considering this approach as well just tired of waiting… and after a year I feel I can wait longer. and this last half of year should show some new options.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I canx my GZ premium preorder today. Going to hold off and hopefully get one used when they make too many. I can wait.

4 weeks later
    #3745 1 year ago

GZ Premium on the line for the win with the Bond delay!

#3749 1 year ago

One can dream…

Quoted from Tilt:

bond announcment delay has nothing to do with production. schedule for production on it is the same. just means games will be with people even quicker once reveal happens

1 week later
    #3785 1 year ago

Who was the distro? Thanks

Quoted from RikeIsland:

I placed my order late November of last year. Now if my EHOH would come in that would be great. I placed that order About a year and a half ago.

#3790 1 year ago

Hope not cause I for one will be bailing at that price point. Encouraging to hear some are still shipping now. This game will be made for a long time.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

I think that answers the question as to if they'll run GZ prem again before end of year. They can sell them at 9700 all day so why not just wait until Jan to ship em. Maybe they'll focus on pros or games they would have a harder time selling at that price point

#3792 1 year ago

I just asked and was told I’m still in for this year. Hopefully pans out for you as well

Quoted from seenev:

Yeah... If my order gets pushed to next year, I'm out. They've crossed the line of what I'm willing to pay.

#3832 1 year ago

Cointaker told me more GZ prem will ship this year

Quoted from superNoid:

I asked this very question a few weeks ago and the consensus from everyone here (including some dealers who chimed in) was ... Yes, we eat the cost uplift. I'm not 100% sure of that but others seemed to be. I hope they can do one more GZ run this calendar year for those of us who ordered in late Q1 ffs.

#3851 1 year ago

I was 11/26 and she said Im a go - no invoice yet though

Quoted from SR230CC:

I put in an order to CoinTaker. Hopefully I made this run.

#3875 1 year ago

Or it’s going exactly as planned…

Quoted from mbl1116:

Is it just me, or does it feel like this Bond release has been a trainwreck, especially with 8 months between releases
    Delays, no gameplay streams, production dates 2-3 months out (or longer if the rumors about non-location Pros are true)
    I mean how do you run more TMNT and Home pins ahead of your cornerstone

#3908 1 year ago

Just got my GZ Prem invoice

Quoted from djsolzs:

I was 11/26 and she said Im a go - no invoice yet though

#3912 1 year ago

My invoice did not include a ship date - where on the invoice was that noted?

Quoted from givemesnacks:

Received a shipping notification today (though no tracking number in the email, so not sure if it's originating in Chicago or PA), so to me that suggests one of the lines has GZ Prems on it this week.

#3914 1 year ago

I got this notification but it was for the $1 deposit. Received same time as I got the invoice.

This was a new email titled "CoinTaker Shipment Notification"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3920 1 year ago

Got the text and delivery set for Tuesday - the long wait is over!

Definitely a different experience, my emails have been spaced days apart. Looking back at my last machine, I paid the full amount then next day received a similar CoinTaker Shipment Notification email listing only my deposit amount ($1000), and later that day got a text/email from FedEx Freight to schedule delivery. Will keep this thread posted!

#3941 1 year ago

Problem is distributors are estimating end of 2023 right now if you order GZ prem today. Bond won’t even ship until April 23 for non locations.

Demand is still high and supply low - I don’t see GZ going down that low just yet in next 6-12 months. I too thought about waiting but I’m already under 9k nib.

Quoted from seenev:

I ordered it from a distributor with free shipping to a state the doesn't collect tax... So $10,500 does not sound good to me. I heard a lot of business noise this week that makes me think the economy is heading for bad times, so maybe NIB isn't a great idea right now anyways. Those $10,500 premiums could be under $9,000 in six months.

#3964 1 year ago

GZ premium arrived - looks like these were getting pumped out last month

08E96244-7860-4ECA-9E97-2C2B9294133F (resized).jpeg08E96244-7860-4ECA-9E97-2C2B9294133F (resized).jpeg
    #3966 1 year ago

It was just what was in my face - here is build

Quoted from Sorokyl:

some playfield plywoods were QAd that month. Typically people go by the "build date" on the back in regards to when the game was actually on the line.

6447CFF2-652D-4D64-9D04-6B0B78AD8B12 (resized).jpeg6447CFF2-652D-4D64-9D04-6B0B78AD8B12 (resized).jpeg
    #3969 1 year ago

11/26

Quoted from Grimstead:

When did you order it?
    Thanks

3 weeks later
    #4104 1 year ago

Interesting - I had been on his list since April and he recently told me I didnt make the cut for this year. Did you pay MSRP?

Quoted from stl22:

I got lucky and saw a post by Jeff at Mad Pinball on Facebook. Ordered immediately with him on Sept 26, arrived On Oct 24. He only had a couple, but less than one month from deposit to delivery is about as lucky as I could get.

#4110 1 year ago

Yes - but what’s crazier that or the new pricing in 2023?

Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone else think it's crazy that the newest Stern you can buy came out 9 months ago? This is nuts. I hope we see another release by January 2023 but people don't even have their Bonds yet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=djsolzs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.