Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#722 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was bummed to see that didn’t include Elvira on that list, but maybe this will at least bump the schedule on Elvira up a bit.

Yeah, as a member of the “awaiting Elvira” crowd, it sucks not to hear it included.

#755 2 years ago

Just noticed that EHoH Premium deposits are now removed from Cointaker's site. Guess that backs up everything we've heard about EHoH.

#757 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Nope I talked to Melissa a week ago she told me that her allotment for November run is sold out, I’m assuming that’s why she pulled it off.

Yep, I think we're saying the same thing. Looks like the small run in November is probably all there will be, and EHoH will be retired. If you weren't in already, that is all she wrote.

1 week later
    #902 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

There is no direct stern purchase - have to buy through a distro.

LEs, there are. Very few, but they do list some on their site, on launch. They are gone in about 20 seconds, but still.

3 weeks later
    #1499 2 years ago
    Quoted from HIPPY:

Just talked with Cointaker. She said GZ premium, earliest is 2024. Yes,you read that right.

Insanity. I really want a GZ Prem after playing it a lot at TPF, but....definitely not willing to wait 2 YEARS for that game, in this pinball climate. I've got 3 games ordered, and none of them are expected before Christmas.

#1506 2 years ago
    Quoted from HIPPY:

She said she had 300 people with deposits, you gotta get in line. 2024. Maybe it is shorter at another distributor. I sure like Cointaker, though. $1 deposit, for one thing.

Yeah, I've been on the $1 list for a bit, but....still don't really foresee that game coming to my house anytime before another 5-10 games have been released all over.

#1511 2 years ago
    Quoted from tacreno:

I am also on the list with cointaker since day 1 and not surprised the line is that long. Its too bad they cant fill the orders they have as many of these folks certainly are not going to wait till 2024 and will bail.
    Also Stern is really missing out on the opportunity to cash in here. It would seem the demand for games is at an all time high and they are messing it up.
    I do know for me personally, if this keeps up my money will probably be better spent somewhere else.

To be fair, how is Stern messing it up? They'd LOVE nothing more than to be able to make 1000 GZs a week, or every other game backordered, so that the money surplus keeps rising. Unfortunately, it is beyond their control.

2 months later
    #2755 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Zach should not have his website set up to have newbies paying in full for a game they might not get for more than a year. I doubt they understand this.

I was going to say, it’s pretty easy to just set the site up for $500/$1000 deposits with a general ETA......every other distro site does it. It shouldn’t require direct communication to get on any ‘list’ without paying. That’s the point of having a website set up to accept transactions.

#2813 1 year ago

"Man, we are THOUSANDS of units behind, on ever catching up on Godzilla Premium Orders. We'll have to have those on the line for a LONG time!"

"Yep, for sure. So lets get some LZ Pro and GotG Pro going, chop chop!"

1 week later
    #2952 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

Anyone wanna guess when I’ll get the Godzilla premium I ordered just 2 weeks ago?

Sometime after August.....2026.

#3032 1 year ago

Man...I'm one of those in the "$1 deposit on Godzilla Premium" club. I've called around to a few distros, and I've been quoted things like '2nd half of 2023'....insanity abound!

1 week later
    #3077 1 year ago

On their post about Stranger Things being back on Friday. It was yesterday, lots of comments just saying "You never know" from Stern.

2 months later
    #3859 1 year ago

I'm jealous! I jumped on the $1 train too late, and will now clearly be hit with the 2023 price increased version.

#3923 1 year ago

By the time my turn comes up for GZ Prem, I'll have moved on! Such is the pinball world, these days...3 deposits, varying from 7-10 months old.

#3927 1 year ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

7-10 months is young compared to my deposit for a JP Premium that is 14 months old . Now I get to pay the difference in price increases between Summer 2021 and Spring 2023? Meh, time to move on from that game.

Yep, its those increases that drive me batty. And one of my deposits is EHOH, which is probably going to have the worst increases of them all.

2 weeks later
    #4043 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ya know, I ordered a EHOH Premium in September.... 2021. I was quoted a certain price, and put down a $3000 non-refundable deposit. I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't honor it.

Prepare for disappointment. Because the deposit is with the distro, and not a binding thing with Stern, you'll be paying whatever the price is when it is ready to ship.

1 week later
    #4087 1 year ago

I surrendered my deposit on EHoH, from January of this year. I give up on Stern ever getting around to EHoH without it being 11k or more.

Hey, that $1000 pays for my TBL starry apron and money back, to boot!

1 month later
    #4407 1 year ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

So just to confirm, are we to expect NIB pins to have a price increase across the board effective 1/1/23? Meaning I see some vendors with a couple Premiums at 8,899 but will those auto increase to $9,500+ once the ball drops?
    If I were in the market for an available Premium then I should lock it in this month?

Correct. If you want something that someone has in stock atm, you should probably move on it, unless you want to give more money after 1/1, for the same thing.

2 weeks later
    #4617 1 year ago

Knew that was coming with EHoH. Crazy how much grief other companies are getting, when Stern is just as guilty, if not moreso, than anyone else, at the price game.

"If you'll pay $9999 for this, surely you'll pay $10499."

And so on, and so forth. Things like that don't change, until people quit shrugging it off, and going forward with it.

3 weeks later
    #4752 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I rather they slow down and fill demand of what they have. Heck if the license allows, do some vaults for the heck of it, why invest so much in new machine development when you have demand for so many of your current pins. Some folks were freaking about only 2 new cornerstones in a year... who cares? Heck make one or none if they can't meet the demand and got current library titles that keep selling out. If they expand factories and can pump out more machines, go for it but they also got the problem that distros are going to be overflowing with product if they produce too much. Slowing down and meeting demand of current lineups seems like the best way to go.

Why do that, when they can just push off any existing sold games, until another price increase happens? It is the Stern current day way...use parts that should be for back orders, to build 'limited' versions of games, etc.

#4755 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I am 56 weeks since I ordered my GZ premium. I was originally estimated as getting it last August, which didn’t happen. I talked to CT in early December and asked what the odds of a late 2022 run and they said it wasn’t looking very likely. That was a $700 conversation. It’s not something I blame CT for, just the way it is.
    I could have probably got one earlier from a different distro, but I was waiting on another game as well, which was supposed to be early 2023 and instead was November 2022.
    In the end I was ok with the games coming at opposite times from when the other was estimated. Biggest bummer is the increase on GZ when the calendar rolled over.
    Once I get my GZ I will wish you all the best and unsubscribe from this thread. I don’t think I will be a Stern buyer for a while as there are several games on my wishlist and even with inflated prices of those as well, I can get 2-3 for the price of a stern pro.

I feel the same. I've sort of sworn off Stern games for the near future. I had an EHoH AND a GZ Prem on order, but EHoH went from 8600 to 10500 while I 'waited' (all the while, the 40th anny version of EHoH had no problems being released). And GZ, well....I just got tired of the long wait and price increase as well.

Stern won't miss my business, and that's ok. But for me, it is the principle of how things are with them and price changes.

3 weeks later
    #4924 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

This is one reason why I don't want to order any new games from Stern. It takes forever, the cost goes up, can't get parts if you need them, the initial code will be trash (possibly for a long time), and you don't have any opportunity to try the machine out or read/watch good reviews about it before deciding to buy. Even if a reviewer has an early access machine or you can play it at a pinball show it will still be the crappy incomplete code so it's not going to be a valid impression of the final product.
    I wish somehow enough people would refuse to buy with this model so that Stern would have to change their ways.

Refuse to buy? HAH!

You've got folks willingly throwing 20 THOUSAND at Stern, for a 1 level game with no video assets at all. Sadly, nothing will change, and Stern will keep doing what Stern does.

I don't buy NIB Sterns either for these same reasons, but sadly, we're in the minority.

#4927 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

you're completely talking out of your ass. no one knows what the game includes or doesn't yet

I'm still baffled that folks think Stern is going to put any assets on the 60th. If they had rights for film usage from ALL Bond movies for this game, they'd be trumpeting it for the entire world to see. It would be a massive part of the sales pitch. Notice anything different here from the normal Bond, to the 60th release:

Normal:

JB (resized).PNGJB (resized).PNG

JB60:

JB2 (resized).PNGJB2 (resized).PNG

They are clearly telling anyone that wants to read the sales pitch, the screen is for assignments, as we've seen.

I get it, folks want to believe some massive piece of the 60th game is yet to be determined, but....folks can read the marketing materials themselves and realize where this is going.

#4929 1 year ago

Keep hoping against hope, I guess.

#4934 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it seems more like you're hoping that it won't include the assets, for some weird reason?
    in any case, just a couple weeks till we all know. if im wrong ill gladly admit that i was wrong.
    but im not wrong.

I'm not 'hoping' anything. I'm just a realist, who knows if a feature was paid (and high priced) for by Stern, there is no chance in hell that it isn't going to be made known from the start.

#4938 1 year ago

As for on the line (back to the subject), I think GZ like was mentioned, with EHoH and some more Bond set to run this month I believe?

#4941 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I thought Bond was done until April?

Probably right, guess I assumed maybe EHoH and GZ wouldn't be enough to fill the month, BUT considering how many GZ orders are still out there, that could be the case. I wonder how the stock counts are at distros, for Bond Pro/Prem at this point? Maybe they all have enough for now.

#4960 1 year ago

Yep, JB Pros on the line there today, it looks like.

2 weeks later
    #5250 1 year ago

Stern - “Sorry folks, were short on parts to finish EHoH again. We apologize, it’ll be delayed until later in 2023.”

Also Stern - “Order now, your Super SLE Elvira’s House of a Horrors 41st Anniversary edition! MSRP $30,000”

(Not really, but truly fits their modus operandi)

1 month later
    #5703 1 year ago

Wasn't there one in FL that was doing the bundles as the only way to get a GZ Prem during the height of unavailability? I remember seeing those adds all the time....take this bad Pro you don't want (Not necessarily saying JP Pro is bad), to get your GZ Prem!

#5799 1 year ago

I'd be shocked if any Premium not from a show, lands at anyone's home in the next couple of weeks.

1 month later
    #6405 11 months ago

Are we at the point of the pinball cycle, where Toppers are now 'huge announcements'?

3 months later
    #7327 7 months ago

Nobody:
    Stern: Hey, lets make some GOTG Pros, at $7k each!

#7351 7 months ago

I mean, with much more manufacturing space at the new location, Stern needs more folks to have inventory sitting around. The current distros already have a full stash of pins.

Stern is no dummy.

#7370 7 months ago

Yeah, can't see GZ Prem needing the entire month. Even with all of the demand the game had, you can pretty much find it all over at this point.

As an aside, I got my CT "Your $1 GZ Prem is ready" email as well, 15 months later. That ship has long sailed, as I'm sure CT is finding out more than not.

1 month later
    #7552 6 months ago

Doubt anything that isn't sitting around, would be on the list of NIB Sterns to remove floor pricing from. I doubt we see anything else added to this list, at least for now, but you'd have to think some games (Venom Pro, Bond Pro) could end up on that same list, 4-6 months from now.

2 months later
    #7806 3 months ago

Out here looking for Foo Fighters accessories like.....

JT.gifJT.gif

2 weeks later
    #7868 77 days ago

Is there REALLY a demand for SW Pro and Premium now, at these prices? I just feel like Stern is reading the market so badly, recently.

#7875 77 days ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

It's hard to imagine but I have a feeling they have a better pulse on demand than the average everyday pinsider.

You'd think, but the bulging inventories at almost every distro out there suggests otherwise.

Quoted from bwalter:

My distributor has a list of reservations for SW with deposits paid, and apparently sell out their SW allocations every time? Gotta remember that plenty of these are sold to SW nuts that aren't really pinheads, and so they don't get thoroughly-played so much as just exist as part of a collection. SW machines on pinside typically sell quickly, too.
    This same concept would probably cause a Disney attraction-themed pin to sell like mad, as Don's Pinball Podcast pointed out recently. The Disney theme park nuts will spend money on anything themed for their collection, and many of them have *lots* of spendin' money. So a Haunted Mansion pinball machine might be a moneymaker, just not to the same demographics as usual.

If that is the case, then I guess it does make sense. I didn't think there would be much of anything left at this point, with more orders/deposits than inventory.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.