Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

Yeah, waiting on aiq prem as well and I've heard nothing from my distributor. Was supposed to be here end of July. The silence is deafening.

4 months later
    #175 2 years ago

I just helped my buddy unbox his GZ Pro built Nov 30. Interestingly, just like with my AIQ built late August, he's missing the coin box clip. Stern said they are out of stock of them still.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They using a zip tie to keep it still in transit? Something else?

nothing, my coinbox was rolling around in the cab

6 months later
    #3095 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blknblumark:

Just ordered a Deadpool off amazon. I remember back in early 2020 (i think) Amazon carried Stranger Things Premium and a version of Star Wars. I thought they were too expensive at the time.
    Hopefully delivery will be problem-free. Not sure this would be returnable via Kohls walk-in.

I bought my Munsters Pro from amazon a few years ago. As far as I could tell it was shipped direct from Stern via FedEx. The box arrived damaged though and I called amazon right away while the driver was here. There was a huge rip in the side of the box and a set of legs were dangling out of it. Amazon immediately shipped me another one and told me to unbox and enjoy this machine until the new one arrived. When the new machine was to show up all I had to do was show the delivery person where it was and they would pack and return it to Amazon.

Well, after a few days of having the machine and really looking it over I called them up and told them to just cancel the new one as it had not shipped yet and the machine has no damage. They cancelled the new order and refunded me $800 bucks for the trouble. In the end with the amazon card and the refund I think I ended up paying about 4700 for the game. Worked out in my favor

#3101 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

So apparently we can bypass distributors now and simply order from Amazon...which apparently comes directly from the Stern factory? So is this the death blow to distributors?

I'm fairly sure it's being done by distributors and this has been going on for at least 3 years now. It's just been a while since there has been inventory on amazon. I've seen Gameroom Goodies (listed as seller), QUALITY TABLEGAMES (listed as seller), and Kinney Billiards and Games (listed as seller) respond to questions on the ads. They also list ‎Stern Pinball [DROPSHIP] for manufacturer. It's possible stern created the entries and as distributors have inventory to list on amazon they can use the existing listings

https://www.amazon.com/stores/SternPinball/page/83EBFB25-0C8F-49B3-A7ED-2EBDBD919CB8

#3106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Stern has always answered my calls and gave me just as much support as a dealer, Just saying they back their products and think they deserve credit where credit is due. But the tax sucks.

Same here. Stern support has been awesome.

Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Wait it’s not normal to pay sales tax? LOL just got killed on sales taxes for my GZ premium I just finalized payment on.

Technically, if you buy out of state you are supposed to declare the purchase on your taxes and pay it I believe.

9 months later
    #5965 12 months ago
    Quoted from big-c66:

Munsters is a long way from boring it’s a blast to play. The last 2 code update we got really brought it alive. Now I do agree I wish Dwight would give us one more big update with a little something extra but who knows. I do love my premium.

I agree with this. I own the pro and it's a family and friends favorite. The last two code updates really did improve the game a lot. I have two wishes for it to take it to the next level.

1. rethink the spot mode as it's too long and I usually complete it within 10-20 seconds. Even just ending it when you collect the super would make it better
    2. Add a true wizard mode to it in place of Munster madness 3. Just one big moment for getting that far.

#5968 12 months ago
    Quoted from GranpaDave:

Just played my pro- beat the modes, go after kitty, cancel the super bonus, get to Monster Madness, repeat- am I missing something? Yeah it can take a while to accomplish, but pretty consistent in the home environment. No cool mini wizard modes? No ultimate Wizard Mode? Game is beautiful and the design/code staff are amazing. Very standard fan layout- 2 ramps, 2 orbits, bash toy, scoop, and standups. Orbits seem pointless-ok I will review the code and get re-excited (?!?). Currently Munsters is at my vacation cabin. I told my Home League that I was bringing it back home for league play, trading places with Hot Wheels. I was Sternly reprimanded, so Munsters will stay.

I think you missed the point of the game. It's not about a journey or getting to a wizard mode. It's a throwback, williams style, game where the goal is points and keeping going. Then they add in completing modes to collect supers to collect at just the right time with a bunch of multiball modes thrown in. Munster Madness is just another multiball mode not the end game. The latest code updates added the chattering teeth rewards which adds a new super to collect for 11 total. My current goal in the game is to get all 11 collected and hit Dragula for that 6x super but I haven't done that yet. Been close at 10. Would I like a little more? sure. I'd love to see a big moment multiball mode instead of MM3 then a restart like Addams but what we have can be a ton of fun. Casual players to my house play it far more than my AIQ or NST.

3 weeks later
    #6223 11 months ago

My buddy was asked to pay in full over a month ago for his foo premium and still no word from cointaker when it's shipping. Hope he hears something soon. Not a fan of taking payment if the games not at their place ready to ship.

#6229 11 months ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

When I bought my GZ Pro from Cointaker, they shipped it to themselves, then out to me. I probably still have the email somewhere.
    I'm not sure if they "wait for a huge trailer full". I just know that they ship games to themselves first, then out to customers.

Seems like charging when the game when is ready to ship to the customer would be the right thing to do if they are shipping it to themselves first especially with all of this uncertainty. I can't imagine Stern is requesting payment from distributers before they ship from their factory.

#6320 11 months ago

Anyone else hear that Foo premiums are delayed due to smudged artwork? I'm assuming another printing issue like turtles.

2 weeks later
    #6600 10 months ago

My buddy was just told by his distributor that Stern is telling them that Foo Premium should be in July now.

#6629 10 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I'm still new to all this. What was this hobby like when you could just call ole Zach up and get a game asap?

a lot cheaper and less waiting. My first few games I had within weeks of ordering. Then covid hit and the delays and the prices went through the roof. I'd love to be back in the $5700 shipped for a pro days of Jan 2020

3 weeks later
    #6927 9 months ago

yikes, no venom pros on the line for home this year.

#6952 9 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Zero chance this is actually true. We will see Venom Pro models for location and home this year. Many Many.

I didn't make it up, comes right from sterns production schedule.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=c0untdem0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.