Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#883 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

That’s a hell of a price. Who did you buy it through?

I bet I know who...

2 months later
    #2304 1 year ago

Hadn't seen this thread in a while and should be able to shed some light. I can pretty much basically assure you that billygrippo's purchase/price is legit because I got a first run godzilla pro (build date October 5) from the same distributor for $6,100 + shipping. He asked me where I got it, I told him, and then I heard from the distributor that he had gotten in touch with them about buying pin(s).

Being my first-ever pin, I knew next to nothing about the apparent complexities and politics of distributors and pricing. I didn't understand how this company can be so inexpensive compared to others and not a scam. I guess I still don't, but that doesn't change the fact that they're in the business of selling pinball machines for less than other companies and then delivering them.

Previously, I would have been glad to share the name (I did to a few people who had messaged me over the past months, including billy). But enough people seem to indicate that could be create trouble for their business, which is not something I'd want to happen. For instance, I talked about buying godzilla on an episode of the pinball show (https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-ep-97-spirit-animals/) and Zach Meny suggested the distributor must be breaking the rules to be selling pins at that price. But I have no idea why they'd want to break the rules for a random first-time pin buyer who just contacted them through their website. Or for some guy that guy referred to them.

#2316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

I am not saying this isn't true, but you HAVE to love the internet for shit like THIS: "The highly respected BLUEBERRY". LOL.

It's also hilarious to me. Random username I picked years back, long before I ever imagined I'd end up so involved in pinball history's biggest scandal. So of course didn't do it with the expectation people would report on my reporting or have me on shows to talk about such stuff and in a sort of serious way all while calling me blueberry. It's so dumb and I kinda love it.

Update on the distributor front: I wrote to them to confirm they'd be all good with my sharing their top secret identity because they in no way think they're doing anything other than operating above board. Prospects looking good on that front. If I get the go-ahead, I'll write back everyone who has written me letting them know where to go.

#2344 1 year ago

All right friends, I just finished sending the distributor info to all five hundred people who messaged me about it since yesterday (just kidding, it was only several dozen). As a reminder, I only bought the one pin from them for the price I shared.

While it seems likely they still have comparatively great prices (based on billy's more recent purchase), I know nothing about their current rates, stock, etc. In terms of sales support and communication, my rep has always been responsive and helpful.

I also cannot speak to the other elements of their business such as after-purchase support, warranty, etc, because my experience has been limited only to some minor emailing back and forth with a question or two. I've not needed any service or replacement parts.

I hope this connection proves helpful and that the company is able to provide a good option for getting these increasingly difficult to get pins we so enjoy.

#2348 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

All right friends, I just finished sending the distributor info to all five hundred people who messaged me about it since yesterday (just kidding, it was only several dozen). As a reminder, I only bought the one pin from them for the price I shared.
    While it seems likely they still have comparatively great prices (based on billy's more recent purchase), I know nothing about their current rates, stock, etc. In terms of sales support and communication, my rep has always been responsive and helpful.
    I also cannot speak to the other elements of their business such as after-purchase support, warranty, etc, because my experience has been limited only to some minor emailing back and forth with a question or two. I've not needed any service or replacement parts.
    I hope this connection proves helpful and that the company is able to provide a good option for getting these increasingly difficult to get pins we so enjoy.

Minor update: distributor's current stock/allotment nearly spoken for (not a reason to not get on a list for future ones, of course - I did a couple months in advance for Godzilla and got one of the first batch shipped):

"Pretty much everything is TBD 2023 right now. I’ve only got a couple Star Wars Premiums from August build available and that’s it. (Unless you want Cactus Canyon, but I don’t know where your pinball loyalties lay as far as manufacturer goes)"

4 months later
    #3970 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But the amount of rapid fire playfield layouts RIGHT NOW he's churning out that are very unique, one right after another, all of them working at a high level, is unprecedented for the modern era.

He is undoubtedly a prodigy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.