Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aamauzy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#648 2 years ago

Anyone have any idea approximately how many non-LE games they'll do per run of any given game? I have no concept of how many games are in "a" run. 100? 500? 1000? I understand that sales/forecasting will differ between games, I'm just curious on what's considered "average".

4 weeks later
    #848 2 years ago

Someone asked earlier about toppers and accessories and how they fit into all of this. I'm curious about that too - I'm guessing they probably DON'T factor in and that the manufacturing of these items is contracted out?

1 week later
    #1063 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Here's the info we have. Apparently Godzilla starts on the line next week. Woohoo! If you do get any updates on what's on the line or where it falls on the schedule, please share on this thread.
    Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium

Oh boy one more run of RUSH this year. I'm trying to be patient, I'm trying to be cool, but I'll admit I'm very nervous that my day-one Premium pre-order isn't going to be met. I contacted my distro about my line position, didn't hear back - keeping my fingers crossed!

#1193 2 years ago

I'm impressed you're getting that much clarity from your distro! I wish others were a little more forthcoming with that info, but I can also understand "for business reasons" why they aren't.

1 week later
    #1346 2 years ago
    Quoted from kool1:

I heard Flipnout has a back order for 100 Rush machines alone. Demand for pins is so crazy - hard to imagine.

That's actually less than I would have guessed. No clue where in line I am with them at this point for mine. I'm hoping for this month but won't be holding my breath!

1 week later
    #1777 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

The elephant in the room, I’m more worried about damage during shipping because these games are not easily replaceable.
    Hopefully the shipper are handling them with kid gloves.

I'm thinking the same. Hopefully I'll be receiving a RUSH Premium in the next run, and I'm trying to figure out what the threshold is where I accept minor damage and work with my distro on fixing it after the fact vs sending back. I guess anything structural is an immediate "send back", but it seems silly to send back due to something cosmetic if that means waiting another year for a machine.

I'm sure it's distro to distro, but do people who receive a damaged cabinet to to get bumped to the top of the line for replacement? LOGICALLY, as someone who has worked in various service industries my whole life, I can't imagine a distro saying "ooh that sucks, back of the line for your replacement" so I'm assuming someone who receives a damaged cab is taken care of as quickly as possible.

Does Stern go out of their way to repair and re-ship a shipping damaged cab outside of normal production lines, or does the damaged cab disappear into the aether while a complete replacement is provided?

#1851 1 year ago

Oh boy - y'all getting your "launch day" RUSH pros are restoring my hope for my "launch day" premium....

#1957 1 year ago

I'm trying to figure out what would be on a Pro that wouldn't be on a Premium - static ramp and cabinet art are the only things I can come up with.

#2039 1 year ago

Out of curiosity - once Stern knows how their allocations are going to shake out amongst the distributors for a game that is actively on the line, does the distro get a single notification from Stern saying "Hey - we're making RUSH Premium right now. You're absolutely going to get X in this run, please collect payment as appropriate" with X being the absolute final number for that run?

Or is it a "trickling" in where a distro could be told "Hey - we FINISHED X of your RUSH Premium orders today, heads up - X units will be ready to ship in two weeks." where X could only be a portion of their total allocation for that production run? There would then be the possibility that a notification like this could come in every couple/few days.

I know the situation is "fluid", but the first scenario would be much less fluid than the second scenario. Obviously it would be best to ask a distro this directly, but I hate to bug one if this is otherwise common knowledge amongst the group here.

#2041 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I asked a distro this a couple days ago, and they said Stern tells them their allocation at some point before the run starts (weeks or months - it depends) and then they receive the allocation in pieces as they are built.
    So as I understand it:
    Dealer/Distro orders X amount of units (example 10).
    Stern sits on the order until closer to production time.
    At some point Stern calls/emails and says you're getting X (example 8).
    Dealer/Distro hopefully hasn't taken more than 10 deposits, and starts fulfilling as the product comes in. With any luck, enough dropouts to make the allocation of 8 work for everyone by the time they receive all the units (people getting filling by their multiple deposits at different distros, or just not wanting the machine anymore for whatever reason).
    Sure would be nice if the dealer/distro could order X and actually get X. That would eliminate the multiple deposits at various places and give Stern a much better understanding of real demand. Would help us have confidence that we will get the machine too.

Thank you so much for clarifying! So this explains why we see games seem to go out (and therefore get reported as shipped here) in waves, rather than a dozen customers of a single distro all chiming in at once that their game shipped.

Very interesting! I'm not at a point yet where I'm worried about eventually getting a machine, I'm just trying to figure out when I should stop watching my email for a "your machine is ready, pay me!" email.

#2077 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Just paid up on my Rush premium from Flip N Out. They were also very up front and accurate about an April timeline
    Go Sixers!

Congrats! If he's that accurate, sounds like my "April to late summer" timeline is probably closer to late summer!

#2090 1 year ago

Love hearing this sudden news of June/July RUSH production - Zach seems to be the main source for production line updates, so seeing it from multiple sources has me feelin' good. I'm sure that since I haven't heard by now about my order that I'm in the June run - I placed my order within a couple hours of the announcement, after all...

1 month later
    #2630 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rcarpen22:

Can someone provide a link to this podcast? I have looked everywhere and I can’t find this one. There are a ton of podcasts out there, but I don’t think I’m finding this particular one. Thanks!

He keeps a running thread for his podcast postings. His most recent Stern production update was in episode 100. He didn't have an update in this most recent episode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-

#2663 1 year ago

If anyone wonders how a "day one" order is a year behind, this is how lol.

I truly wonder how many distros have "put me on every list, you know I've got the cash for it" lists that start way before the "day one" or even "month before day one" crowd can join.

#2736 1 year ago

Interestingly, someone just posted a RUSH Pro in the RUSH thread that was manufactured on May 4th. That should have been firmly in the May GZ run.

Wonder if that is just some last minute overrun from the late-April run, or if the whole schedule is shifted by a week compared to the information that we have?

#2747 1 year ago

I have an order for a Rush Premium from Flip N Out. Day one, no deposit nor any ask for payment. He did send out an invoice, but when I asked about it I was immediately told to not worry about it and told twice that he would ask for full payment "about 2 weeks before the game ships". I know someone else who was in the same boat with Rush. He isn't super forthcoming with "where am I in line?" questions beyond his initial estimate, but I didn't blame him for that given that I didn't put down a deposit and he probably gets that email several dozen times a day. If I had paid in full, I probably wouldn't be so accepting of a non-response.

Maybe Zach changed his policy and was taking full payments in 2021 before a game was close to ready, but that doesn't sound "normal" based on my experience and the experience of another buyer that I know.

1 week later
    #2955 1 year ago

I was told a couple days ago by a large distro that allocations at least through June were passed down by Stern. I was also told the RUSH run at the end of the month was 99.9% the last RUSH run for this calendar year.

#2961 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I do not follow. What does 99.9 % mean? Do you mean 99.9% of distributors will have all their Rush allocations filled?

Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I take it to me and he is just about 100% sure that there will be no more rushes the rest of the year after this run

Right - "almost absolutely certain" that the end of month RUSH run is the last run for the year.

#2972 1 year ago

Just got a payment notice from Flip n Out on my RUSH Premium. Holy fucking shit I'm beyond stoked. To paraphrase "should be this week or next, so pay up". Looks like Stern is on schedule.

3 months later
    #4039 1 year ago

George Gomez reiterated tonight on the Deadflip stream that he was uncertain that it would truly be until April 2023 before non-location buyers started seeing Bonds. He didn't say for certain, but this is the second time I've seen him publicly say that the rumor that non-location buyers wouldn't see Bond until April 2023 was inaccurate. He wasn't very wishy-washy in saying as much - he seemed about as confident as he could without saying anything for certain. Zach indicated that he received "not quite a wrist slap" but some level of communication from Stern implying the same in the most recent TPN episode.

1 month later
    #4291 1 year ago

The only reason I could see them going through that effort with an old title while new titles are selling out consistently would be to maintain a licensor relationship, or maintain an IP to show it's still "in use". They don't "need" to re-release anything old while they're new machines are selling out consistently, even if the market is finally equalizing/cooling off. What IPs or licensor relationships could we see this being a case for?

The suggestion of Spider Man seems reasonable. There's always something "new" with Spiderman coming out.

Metallica would be cool, but bands seem to be very easy to license so I'd bet they have the next several band pins in sight already.

I wouldn't think it would be Walking Dead since the main series is over.

I think LOTR could be the best "long-con" from Stern if they opt to re-engineer and re-release:

LOTR was made during the old ownership of the IP. With the new series on Amazon there could be a new "LOTR"-adjacent machine on the horizon through Rings of Power. Even if the show is "meh" in season 1 (personally I loved it, but "the internet" seemed torn), based on theme alone it would sell like hotcakes, and we've all seen many "nebulously rated" properties get a cornerstone. The show is planned to run 5 seasons, so there is plenty of time for a RoP machine to be developed and released. I could see them wanting to secure the license ASAP, but wanting to sit on the license until at least season 2 is out, both for potential hype and for more assets to be available. Is it possible that Stern would re-engineer and re-release a modified LOTR just as a means of creating the relationship with the new owners of the LOTR IP immediately and having a product sooner than later, therefore bringing the new IP holders to "their side"? Presumably the relationship forged with the new IP holders would help open the door to Stern forging a relationship with Amazon for RoP.

In this scenario, worst case would be that Stern could sell a metric shit-load of Spike 2 or 3 LOTR, which would make everyone (Stern, Licensor, fans) happy, even if they didn't get the RoP license. Best case we get LOTR and a Stern RoP. More pinball is (almost) always a good thing!!

If not for the new IP ownership of the LOTR universe, I would automatically assume JJP would have dibs. But with new ownership, I should see all bets being off and Stern swooping in.

#4293 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

The rumor was that it was a S.A.M. game, so LOTR wouldn’t be on that list

Ah - bummer!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aamauzy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.