Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3137 1 year ago

History shows high priced nonessential items durning an economic downturn are the first things dropped by consumers.

#3155 1 year ago

Don’t know where people are getting their facts about Mando sales, but according to my distributor, he can’t get enough to meet even half the demand for SWs Mando. Hottest game out there, next to GZ. With season 3 just being announced, demand for Mando will be even higher. Such a great shooter. One of Brian Eddie’s best ever, along with exciting code by Dwight. Wait till the topper finally releases for even more fun.

1 week later
    #3252 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

That could be an issue though. It seems Mando supply outweighs demand. Personally, I only played the game time one time so I cannot really say anything good or bad about it.

Mando is one of my goto games. It is a fantastic shooting pin, that I did not really get into until after a few hundred plays. Now can’t get enough of it. One of Brian Eddie’s best after learning to backhand shots, its a dream shooter, with exciting code. Such a sleeper hit, just like ST was for Eddie.

3 months later
    #4133 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

For most titles the Premiums are back to selling at a pretty significant discount. I have a feeling Stern may have a hard time pushing this price increase.

Stern price increases are being met with very little enthusiasm around the world. They were foolish to increase LE prices a whopping 17% over Rush LE, which was already priced high. Premiums rising to $9700? That’s an outright fleecing too. Only pros managed to escape such plundering, at a small 1% rise in MSRP.

#4182 1 year ago

Looks like Bonds are finally shipping. This photo was taken at Stern 18 hours ago.

A541EDF3-44D6-4A28-9E4C-8C0925F0A20F (resized).jpegA541EDF3-44D6-4A28-9E4C-8C0925F0A20F (resized).jpeg
    #4201 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Market is changing quickly, used market dropping quickly, games are sitting. Pricing will be very different present vs 1st quarter of 2023. Stern might end up sitting in some of these if they go too high.

When any company gets greedy with their offerings, sales always stagnate. Stern products will be no different. A reasonable price increase of smaller increments on LEs would have been acceptable, but the jump from GZ of $10,5k to Bond at $13k is staggering and will come back to bite Stern on most all future titles. For example, titles like Venom, MOTU, Foofigthers, Jaws, etc, will not sell.

#4207 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We are still keen and looking forward to flipping one soon!

Which model of Bond did you end up getting?

#4214 1 year ago

LE. I like Gomez design and Lonnie code. So far game looks pretty good.
    Hopefully games start shipping soon.

I’m with you on Bond LE. Awesome looking/playing game. Code will get there, George will see to that and so will Lonnie. Both have had lots of experience to learn from and with Mike on rules, should be epic. 6 major toys on that game, takes a top prize, imo. (Seven or eight if we count the drops and simulated underwater jet pop/scoop.) Game is loaded.

#4216 1 year ago

Congrats on your LE! Game is expensive in Australia so we sold our MandoLE to fund Bond.
    I am on this thread so I can see when the games start shipping, hopefully soon. The early code does not bother me, I enjoy watching the code develop. I can see why coin droppers want finished code.

Same with me, enjoy code progression. Stern’s team won’t let us down, at least that’s what I’m hoping. How much in Australia?

#4218 1 year ago

WOW!!!! You’re kidding right? Astronomically high price, even with exchange rate factored. And that price spread of $9,000.00 between a pro and an LE: super WOW!!!!!!!

1 week later
    #4330 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Get ready for LAME-VENOM

Big possibility: $14,5 with shipping and tax = huge lame venom duck! ($10,5k like GZ it would sell out.)

1 week later
    #4480 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

And if you bought a Prem/LE, you've paid enough to have that.

Not a happy camper with Stern’s new LE dogma of let’s “pillage and plunder” our faithful buyers at scalpers MSRP. When almost not a single one of us would ever buy from a scalper, but lets just punish everyone for the very few that do.

Yes, we are paying enough to not have $20 items cut out for Stern’s incredibly high profit margins. Not begrudging anyone’s profit margins, but there is a point of giving to the customer value added products, with a balanced profit margin.

#4490 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Noise? Really? 40mm fans under 2cm plywood with speakers and coils firing and you think fan noise is an issue?
    You sell a product mostly for people going out of their way, looking for problems. I’d wager less than 5% of the people who buy flipper cooling fans come anywhere near games long enough to warrant them.
    Like the dual-firing pops on Bond, I seriously doubt anyone would notice the difference on a four flipper game between your $260 fans and Amazon’s $10 ones. I would absolutely love to see a real-world controlled comparison of the actual demonstrable and noticeable difference between 2 of the same machine with people trying to guess which is yours and which are the $10 fans.
    But the point I’m trying to get at here is this hypochondria of pinball. “Oh no, pops are tied!” Anyone who watched Deadflip’s reveal stream saw plenty of pop action. More than most, to be honest, especially for only two pops.
    I’m sick of seeing you everywhere bond is being discussed, bitching about pops, bitching about code.

Funny!

1 month later
    #4889 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I have 3 machines on order with Stern. I often consider pulling the plug on them because I feel they don't care about post purchase support for the consumer on both a parts level and an accessory level. The longer they take, the more often I feel like canceling; its a good thing they are behind...gives me time to reconsider. These last 6-8 months is making me also consider selling it all and getting out. At 10k+ each, I feel there should be more long term commitment from the manufacturers....mainly Stern...an I don't feel its there. The dealers are great though, I feel they really try.

Long term commitment is there, having 18 titles in IC, which should prove to only grow our machines through future software offerings. Pros remain a decent price, where everything else is now way overpriced. Length of time for small orders is an issue, which could be addressed by faster fulfillment, but parts issues are real.

#4904 1 year ago

Yeah, everyone does the ratings according to what they own and trash everything they don’t own. Its a complete joke for sure lol.

#4908 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I am sure this top 100 had RAZA at number 1 at one point.

Proof, the false 100 is totally rigged if RAZA was ever number one (we know without a doubt its rigged).

2 months later
    #5853 1 year ago

Amazing Spider-Man might change desirability over just Venom.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.