Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sleal16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Per Zmeny on TPS podcast, on the line at Stern through the end of ‘21:
    EHOH 40th
    StrTh pro
    Beatles
    DP premium

Hmm, wonder if they squeezed back in those DP or if there's a split allocation with August. The dealer I'm buying from had said it was pushed back to August about a month ago when I last checked in

1 month later
    #480 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Holy sh!t - hell froze over. I'm probably way down the list anyway but fingers crossed! - edit - didn't make the cut this time. bummer!
    [quoted image]

When did you put your request in?

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

not that long ago

I might bug my dealer tomorrow. At putting the request late September I'm hoping I made this cut.

#512 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Confirmed that they must have pushed a whole bunch of Deadpool Premiums down the line this past week. I didn’t get on the list for the originally scheduled 12/21 run until late Sep/early Oct and got the call after Christmas that it was pushed to July/Aug. But it shipped out yesterday and is on the way now. Rush buyers’ misfortune is DP buyers’ fortune, I guess. Given the constant supply line delays these days, I bet those delayed builds get random weeks to catch up like this moving forward. Don’t lose faith.

Man, I had put my name down for it on 9/23. Dealer hasnt responded to that and another pin inquiry I had for the past week (emailed and called w/ voicemail left).

#515 2 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

gambit3113 uses the same Distributer as me. Just like I put down a deposit for JP in July 2021 and surprisingly got it in August when told October. Go with JJ from Colorado Game Exchange.

Yeah, for future Pro/Prem orders will look into out of state for one that has lax tax laws for selling from outside of their own state...while its still a thing.

I want to support local businesses, but theres been a couple of things that's left me a little skeptical.

#596 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

Game Exchange is showing Iron Maiden premium as able to put a deposit down and ships in 6-12 weeks.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not in Stern's "archive" section, so maybe they still have the license?

I sent them an email a week or two ago and havent heard back about that. Because lower in that listing it says July 2021. Everyone else seems to have removed it from their store and I got a similar answer when I asked my local dealer...that it wasnt in the production schedule.

#602 2 years ago

For how much people are already selling theirs, 9600 shipped even without IC is cheaper if they're done with production for a couple of years. I'm on the fence. If these are w/o the IC and NIB, then its 1k-ish over what the normal price would have been back in September if it was that build...bleh

4 weeks later
    #791 2 years ago

Looks to be on a pro before the last iteration of the scoop fix. Which seems to be a temporary fix while they test a better one, but better than the first run of Pros that were shipped out

1 week later
    #900 2 years ago

Crazy. Premiums wrapping up and still no word on LE from direct Stern purchase.

#905 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

There is no direct stern purchase - have to buy through a distro.

Quoted from Capn12:

LEs, there are. Very few, but they do list some on their site, on launch. They are gone in about 20 seconds, but still.

Yup. The day or two after reveal they'll drop a handful, or whatever amount, on their site. MSRP but does have taxes added. Cheaper if I can get MSRP with a distro out of state (to not pay taxes), but those already have a healthy client wait-list. I know some new distros popped up with an empty queue, but have to be aware of them as they join the market.

#907 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe Stern was waiting for the Idiot Sandwich new protectors to be done so they can ship with the direct-sale LEs.

Hmm, thought did cross my mind. Them just having those sitting in the corner pretty much complete

#910 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Interesting - never knew they did that.

The main plus side to the Stern insider membership is access to that purchase. Just need to be glued to the computer that day or two

#1033 2 years ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Their site may be taking deposits, but when I spoke with Melissa all premiums were spoken for. I paid a deposit on a Pro and am on the standby list if a Premium isn’t claimed or wanted.

Oh really?!? Bleh. I just put in a deposit for a JP. If there's anther run in 2023 I don't mind the continue waiting, as won't have room till much later for another game

1 week later
    #1247 2 years ago
    Quoted from bfrosty:

So, on Stern's site they have this posted....not really? Just haven't updated their website for a while?
    [quoted image]

They have Beatles and GOTG not in the archive as well, but havent heard those being on the line either this year. I didnt keep up with production last year, were those made in 2021 at all?

#1249 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

My Beatles was built in December 2021.

Cool, so SUPER recent. Then yeah, who knows if there will be other runs for some of these in 2023. Or "suprise" builds end of this year

1 week later
    #1401 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Gamestop, Walmart are notorious for it, but I think Best Buy isn't above it, either. At least that's my memory when I was trying to get one for the kiddies.

At the end of summer, early fall, best buy switched to giving their totaltech subscription members first pick. But before that, it was "normal". And that subscription service is not cheap =(

#1551 2 years ago
    Quoted from sarty51:

Why would you want to wait that long? I ordered my GZ Premium at the end of February and received a March order.

Does seem that as more and more people flock to trusted/reputable/well-known distributors they end up back of the line. Those places can get 1k requests, but stern will only give them a small percentage. While smaller distributors might get something like 50 requests and have a better chance of getting all of them in.Its a weird balance. Sure Stern could give the bigger shops a higher allocation, but then they'd end up screwing over smaller/newer businesses.

#1589 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

If the new stern is supposed to go on the line last 1/2 of august when would we have news of release? I’d love for everyone to jump the GZ train for something else and move me up in line LOL

Usually announcement/teaser is a couple of days up to a week before they go "on sale"

#1617 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Yes, just wondering if they built them all already?

All are built in that month of release. since they give out the allocations everywhere for the 1k, it would be difficult to make them later. All should be sold in the first month (roughly, depending if distros store them away)

2 weeks later
    #2034 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

My Rush Premium shipped yesterday (April 26th) from Stern directly to me.
    So, whoever stated that Stern doesn't drop-ship is incorrect.
    I have a Godzilla Premium shipping also for my brother. Another "Drop ship"
    I already have a Godzilla Premium, but One of my bros wants One too.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from JakePG:

when i ordered stranger things from coiontaker, it was shipped to me from chicago. Automated also ships some of their games from chicago. I don't think it's a secret

So GZ was my first NIB. An LE and had called a couple of places before going local. Kinda sucked getting taxes, but also was interesting that the dealer said they had to buy that LE from another dealer, so I got charged shipping twice (250x2) b/c of that. When I went to go pick it up from their location, had a nice big sticker, or airbill, that had IL (Stern) to the location I picked it up from. sooooo, very suspect. It sucked that all combined it was almost 4k over MSRP (2k extra from dealer, b/c again they had to buy it from another place....and 2k in shipping and taxes). Only consolation was that if I decide to get rid of it, shouldnt be in the negative unless things crash hard in this pin market. But still, after that double shipping and shipping+tax on another MSRP NIB I placed an order at the same time, not buying local anymore. Love to support businesses in the area, but theres a limit. I'll just put money into their arcade to do that.

4 weeks later
    #2564 1 year ago

I'll see if this risk was worth taking. Not ready for JP till end of 2023 (space/cost/etc) so had put a deposit in for CoinTaker seeing that they're one of the main ones that has a longer queue. Hoping JP still throughout next year and that I fall within that range.

Had almost FOMO'd myself into trying to hunt one down this month, but had to keep myself in check. *crosses fingers

3 months later
    #3731 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Got this from the line post today. Help me figure out what pin this is in the back left. Is that Iron Maiden?
    [quoted image]

Yeah, that looks to be the pro model

#3733 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks like colors from LED Zeppelin

british flag on the front right, orange backboard, and part of that backboard has the pyramid outline. color hues on the side art also matches with the pro

1 month later
    #4036 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

If you check the distro websites, almost all the prices are Bond prices now, and they have been for at least a month (depending on the distro).
    What is not clear is: Did Stern already hike? Or did the distros hike early to get that spread as additional profit for the next couple months?
    The average premium prices and spread I'm seeing (averaging across :FNO, CT, GEX, Fun, LSG)
    Bond: $9700
    GZ: $9700
    AIQ: $9500
    JP: $9500
    DP: $9500
    EHOH: $10K+ (TBD)
    Rush: $9k - $9500
    Mando: $9k - $9500
    SW: $8700 - $9500
    So except the oldest and least desirable, which you potentially can find on the lower end of the price scale at only a couple vendors, all the averages are $9500-$9700 which is 2023 pricing. There are still 5000 machines to be built in 2022 (although many will be Bond). That's a lot of machines which should still be 2022 pricing unless Stern was the one to already hike.

Prices should be hiked already if all their expected inventory is for next year. So most distros are not taking advantage of the new pricing and hiking early of 2022 stock, its more like the majority of the machines on the line for the past couple of months had been already called for and invoices already paid. I looked up several of those machines listed at 9500 on a several of those sellers, and they're all for future builds.

2 months later
    #4704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

what is the FF? Fantastic four? Do people really think it will be venom or whatever FF is?

Think its rumored Foo Fighters

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sleal16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.