Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,156 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saltimbanco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1261 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Last call would be brilliant but communication about production seems to be a problem with Stern

Then there's Stranger Things Premium.. I just don't understand why they just stopped producing that one, it was still much in demand. And the hot resellers' market for that specific title proves this as well.

1 week later
    #1462 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to keep this information to myself…but this guy deserves the recognition and business
    Rob at MAD Pinball (Stern authorized) is a fantastic distributor. Games only appear on his website for preorder/sale if they’re in stock, or if he’s been guaranteed to receive the allocation in the time frame listed. No lists, no overselling runs with empty promises, no BS. First class communication and response rate as well.
    Ordered a GZ Premium at the end of January, with a guarantee that it was part of the March allocation..and it’s on the truck as we speak. Seems it’s not always some great mystery how many games distributors are getting. MSRP w/ free shipping

No lists? Wow, certainly NOT the case here up North, but warranted I guess by the fact there are only a few distros..

#1565 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gizmata:

Maybe its time to just do a Pro, Premium, and Ultra (in place of Limited) and not limit any quantities. If you want the Ultra, with different art and toy upgrades, then pay the extra cost for the extras.
    This would eliminate the forced rush to buy each LE in case you actually want that Harry Potter LE someday. Or feeling like you have no chance at the Ultra because some bean counter decided only 250 would be the right quantity, so then the scalpers buy them up because they can flip them.
    I personally hate the idea of agreeing to buy a game without seeing it and playing it in person.

That's a great idea that has been floated around at different moments. The market may just about be ripe for this to happen because of how crazy the market as become.

#1566 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Makes ZERO sense now to try and order from one of the big distributors like XXXXXX (removed the name, I love them, just an example that's been mentioned here several times- pick any of the big Distros!).
    There is already a bunch of people in this thread that are showing how they got GZ Premiums from smaller dealers already. Who wants to be "300" in line when they get 60 machines? When you can be #7 in line for a dealer getting 10. Everyone THINKS they are a VIP at some of the big dealers... but now that the lines are getting big and the heat is turned up, seems like people are getting hosed or left in line to fight it out with others just like the lines at Walmart on black Friday. I think some (including me) are finding out that we actually aren't the VIP's we thought we were lol. Numbers are slim, and some are going to have to be burned.
    This is really going to change things going forward... on the next Stern release, it will be a shit show of who gets to be put in line first! Lots of pin flippers to fight with and you're going to get placed behind each of the big distributors real VIP's. How the hell is anyone actually going to try and get a game with the desperate onslaught of everyone here trying just to get a (new release) game? You know, a new release game without a year wait???
    Hell, I personally know of one person in the hobby who automatically gets an LE from a dealer and he/she ALWAYS puts it up for sale at a profit within 3-9 months (with very rare exception, and it's always NIB still). Not saying it's right or wrong, but if it's a title you REALLY want, too bad for you.. going to have to buy from the flipper.
    That's my $.02. Love you guys and the hobby. Sucks that it's gotten to this...

Wish I could double upvote some posts! Couldn't agree more..

#1577 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE

Can someone share the link to the next Stern thread? I must have drained the topic by mistake..

#1601 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If CrazyLevi were in this thread

Now now, @TigerLaw, don't get mean with us or we'll have you moderated!!

#1619 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I know!! Stern can sell a "Fast-Pass"... for more money, you can bypass the line and get your game faster!! They want to be closer to Disney right?
    Insider Connected Ultra+ Status
    "Limited" to 5000 members
    $12K Premium only
    OR for a better experience..... choose the "Personal VIP build tour".... bypass the "fast-pass" line and experience 1st hand the magic of pinball making as we put YOU to work on the 2nd line assembling machines for all the dregs who aren't VIP's! We'll build your machine immediately on the 1st line, and Gomez will come out to personally bless your machine before being thrown onto the pallet at the end of the shift.
    Insider Connected Ultra+ Super VIP, Gomez Status
    Limited to 1000 members
    $18K LE
    Or for the ultimate experience.... choose "Gary's Inner Circle of Friends"...... with each new release you will be afforded a DAY 1 impersonal non specific recorded message from Gary telling you your credit card has been billed $30k and receive an obligated LE machine with each new release, customized with the limited Elvira shocked face mirrored decal sticker on the left side of the cab, a super limited Gary shocked face mirrored decal sticker on the right side of the cab, a personal message which plays at system boot in Gary's voice "Thanks [name], you're my friend", AND a SUPER.... LIMITED.... NUMBERED..... PLAQUE...... on every surface of the machine!!! Proving for all time the machine and all it's parts are genuine matched Stern OEM issue: AN INDUSTRY 1st!!
    (Topper not included).
    Insider Connected Ultra+ Platinum VIP, We Like you More than a distro, Gary's Rolodex Status
    Limited to as many as can pay.
    $30k Super Duper Signature Ultra Awesome Once in a Lifetime until next time: LE
    There's always a way to fix a problem and give people what they want....
    LOL!!!

I'll need the Cliffs Notes on that one!

#1676 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Maybe they can start selling diy kits and we build it ourselves.?

Selling my spot to the highest bidder..!

Cardboard+Pinball (resized).jpgCardboard+Pinball (resized).jpg

#1706 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

A new TPN episode, Zach returned and gave us an update. Here is what is scheduled to be on the line coming up. Updates. AIQ Premium built before the Pro. Pros start on the line this week. June will have a Mando Premium run, along with another run of Rush Pro and Premiums. Deadpool and JP swapped spots, but Deadpool should go on the line beginning of May - ship out Mid May. But looks like the line is going to be filled up and doesn't seem likely there will be a surprise Kapow release this summer. New Cornerstone being built in August and September.
    Apr 2022 - AIQ Premium & Pro
    Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    June 2022 - Mando Premium
    June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Nov 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

With some of you having a better idea of Stern's production capacity (I'm clueless on that one), anyone can come up with a ballpark figure of how many games this represents, per title/per month? Trying to manage expectations of getting anything from my Canadian distro!

#1761 2 years ago
    Quoted from tedwasright:

Christ, that made me cough.

Her too, probably..!

1 week later
    #1882 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

mando and AIQ are available b/c they aren't desired games. Owners will say they are awesome but the market doesn't agree. It's like Halloween right now. I'm an owner and love it but the market doesn't agree (right now). Simple as that.
    DP has another run coming up but it won't even come close to the need b/c people love that game.

Saw the same happen with Stranger Things, wasn't really popular at first. Just saying that things can change..

#1888 1 year ago

May get crickets, but anyone waiting for a SW Premium..in Canada?

3 weeks later
    #2250 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

We need to stop with catastrophic claims as if the world was ending lol

The world is ending??!! I'd rather be playing pinball whenever that happens!

11 months later
    #6049 11 months ago
    Doesn't get any better than this!

1 month later
    #6732 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Waiting on a JP pro. Will be my first NIB!

Congrats, what a great first NIB this makes!

3 months later
    #7484 6 months ago
    Quoted from JackG:

Q1 2024 - Cornerstone #1
    Q2 2024 - Cornerstone #2
    Q3 2024 - Cornerstone #3

Just pausing to reflect on having 3 cornerstones produced in one year..!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saltimbanco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Saltimbanco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.