Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

December 21? I thought all the DPs had been moved to summer 22?

I verified my DP Premium got pushed out to August of 22. I ordered it at the beginning of June 21. That's more than a year wait, and I expect it will probably slide more, perhaps into never being made. Especially if more Covid shutdowns and such happen further affecting supply chains and labor forces. I mean, who can really predict deliveries on anything anymore?

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Please don't tell me DP Premium is pushed to August!

Sorry, it's apparently true per my distributor. I ordered mine in June. Sucks.

1 week later
    #232 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sleal16:

Hmm, wonder if they squeezed back in those DP or if there's a split allocation with August. The dealer I'm buying from had said it was pushed back to August about a month ago when I last checked in

Yeah, my distributor said that too.

#233 2 years ago

dupe post

1 month later
    #568 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Ouch! That sucks!. Did you send it back?

Sounds like no, if Smoothbor19's got new right side Cabinet and Head decals being sent. I'd want to send it back, but the way things are going at Stern with delays and such, I wonder when you'd get it returned? Maybe that went into Smoothbore's thinking.

#580 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

At this point in time there is so much more demand than supply on NIB pins at MSRP I'm betting Thunderbirds would sell well if they were making them and in stock.

I laughed out loud at this, but... you're probably not wrong.

2 weeks later
    #681 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

How can Stern raise prices yet a third time in 8 months(?)

Stern's gonna Stern.

2 weeks later
    #858 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

TNA was the only one worth buying to me and we all know who designed that one.

I dislike commenting on this in Stern pinball production thread so please forgive me everyone, but Scott Danesi did playfield design on both TNA and R&M. The reason I purchased R&M sight unseen was that I was a fan of TNA and I trusted Danesi with the design of R&M. In full disclosure, I did tweak the playfield layout of R&M in terms of ball guides (like many did), but the fundamental playfield design of R&M was unique and solid IMO, and I enjoy it to this day (maybe I even love it). I look forward to see what Danesi does next in terms of game design.

2 weeks later
    #1218 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Sure would be nice if there would be one more run of (Premium) STH. Everything points to no on that one though.

Yeah, I thought that would be in production for 3 years, similar to other Stern pins, but nope, I guess not.

3 weeks later
    #1834 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

It seems unlikely that vault editions would be a priority even with strong demand like LotR, Tron etc.

I'd also think that if they planned on vaulting a game originally made with a DMD, it would require being moved to the Spike 2 system with an LCD screen (reprogramming of all the visual assets) and Insider Connected. I'd like to see several DMD era games vaulted, and even early Spike games with DMDs like KISS, but I'm thinking they're never going to release another game with a DMD. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 week later
    #1981 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Can't wait for my DP premium

Agreed. It's only been 11 months for me so far. I knew making pinball was hard, but apparently now buying pinball is hard too.

#2025 1 year ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

What ever happen to toystory?

Yeah, you'll want to inquire with the JJP folks about that one.

1 week later
    #2162 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Fingers crossed for you/us-- It sounds (from recent TPS podcast episodes) like this run is unlikely to fulfill *all* of the backlogged Deadpool orders, so there may be some disappointed folks depending on where they fall on their distributors' lists.

I've had an order in for 11 months, so I'm really hoping that I get one from this current run. I was told I would, but after almost a year, I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mode. I also have so many accessories for this thing (topper, special side rails, katana handle, plastic protectors, etc.), that it would suck if I didn't get one to put all this to use. I normally don't buy stuff like toppers and special side rails, but while I was waiting for so long, it just kind of happened.

1 week later
    #2232 1 year ago
    Quoted from kell:

DP premiums were at risk due to part shortages. Not sure if they built any.

Seriously? What did they do, run out of cheap disco mirror balls? I've been waiting since June 3rd of last year. This attempted purchase is impossible.

1 week later
    #2485 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRat:

that's really discouraging, since I bought all the mods, cliffys and accessories about a month ago

I'm feeling you, same thing happened with my DP Premium, ordered exactly a year ago. I didn't make the cut of the latest run, and I've got armor, Cliffies, plastic protectors, a katana handle, and a topper, all just sitting in a dusty pile in my game room. Sucks.

#2559 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

A lot of it is just luck. An email to a random distributor last Friday and by Saturday night I had a DP Premium in hand.

Sometimes it's good to be lucky. Congrats!

6 months later
    #4384 1 year ago

I would just like to see Stern make more Stranger Things as that might be the only way any of us current owners can get spare parts for the machine, but alas, even getting spare parts when a machine is currently in production is not guaranteed nowadays.

4 weeks later
    #4688 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Anyone know if there will be more runs of DP? I noticed some distros seem to be taking pre orders. But it’s not on the schedules reported here. Thanks for any info.

Someone showed a prospective 2023 calendar a short time ago that showed DP being ran in December 2023, lol. A year from now. I hope that's incorrect, and they squeeze some in sooner.

3 weeks later
    #4797 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

o_O for real?? lol

Yeah, that's for real. If I finally get mine that I've had on order since June 3rd, 2021, that will be like a 2.5 year wait. A quarter of a decade. I'm hanging in here now just for sport.

#4801 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

There is a premium NIB in the classifieds if you don't want to wait.

Thanks, but I'm hanging in there. The price probably went up $2,500 or more. I haven't thought much about it. I'm not really lacking for pinball and have been quite busy in life, so the time has just been rolling by almost as fast as Stern price increases.

#4866 1 year ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Im sure this isnt stunning and brave to say, but Stern needs to get their heads out of their asses when it comes to selling parts. For example, I ordered a replacement Deadpool bash toy back in May through Betson, and there's no word on the status. Have to order some plastics for Mando that broke on location... who knows how long that's gonna take. Patheticly bad

I've had Stranger Things parts on order for probably 7-8 months. I might never get them. It's like Stern just orders enough parts to satisfy their production (with no plans for spares) and then says "F it", which is basically saying "F you" to all of us.

2 weeks later
    #5242 1 year ago

Sweet! Maybe they'll even level that spinning disc to the playfield. Maybe not.

3 months later
    #6442 10 months ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!
    I've been waiting since July last year and this is irritating. Not happy

I ordered June 3rd 2021. It's been 2 years. It's comical at this point.

#6454 10 months ago
    Quoted from jdlang11:

Did you pay in full then?

No, so I got that going for me. I'm just hanging in here purely for sport at this point.

3 months later
    #7354 7 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

but I do believe it is the first time Stern has ever made a second run of LEs for the same game

I think it's at least the second time. They did it with the 40th Anniversary Elvira's House of Horrors too, although that was even more costly at 20 grandish plus.

2 weeks later
    #7448 6 months ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

“Fist” is an appropriate typo when talking about anything Stern…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Rum-Z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.