Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,145 posts
  • 857 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by brzezicki
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#837 2 years ago

There’s a lot of focus on the Premiums - Pros are also supposed to go on the line this month - I wonder if part of the confusion is that the Pros and Premiums have different quantities and maybe the Prems are having supply chain issues

#862 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Does someone know how Stern operates its production in terms of assembling machines, i.e. on the factory floor are two or three different machines assembled at the same time on different production lines. Or is there just a single production line assembling one title?

One big line, one smaller line

#888 2 years ago

Well, haven’t heard back from my distributor, wonder what’s going on. Starting to consider looking at another game I can trade later on for a GZ.

#918 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I don't expect much to happen this first quarter - China is shutting down manufacturing again to battle omicron.

Super valid point - however, most of the stock they'd need for March/April is probably already complete and on its way (shipping delays aside!). What a weird couple of years

#937 2 years ago
    Quoted from PapaBless:

Umm...is this verified? I was told March delivery for GZ Pro. If this is the case I'll bet GZ wont start getting pushed out for a few months at the earliest. I am curious about the choice to do another Mandalorian run while it seems there is a MUCH larger demand for GZ. Stern really needs to do better. A post, tweet, video, comment in here, literally anything to give to the community that is willing and wanting to drop thousands on one of their machines. Maybe I'm just bitter from all this waiting. Stern really hitting us with the "hurry up and wait" I suppose

Do we really even know if ANY of this information is accurate? there are 2 lines, right? Mando has to be on the smaller one.

#946 2 years ago
    Quoted from JackG:

It's the rumored backlog, so could be more or less. That doesn't take into account any backlog on orders for these runs:
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
    Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - JP the pin
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium
    Take those out of the equation, and you probably have 2k less, so 8k between now and the next release.
    I'm really hoping that a lot of the backlog on Godzilla and Rush orders are based on people that have refundable deposits at multiple distributors, and bail on their second or third orders instead of trying to flip for profit. Would love if everyone could get their backordered pins before prices are increased again.
    Only Stern knows what they are capable of, so we'll have to wait and see. It's great they cancelled the 2nd cornerstone this year to catch up on backlog. I'd hate to see another pin come out this May and delay all pin backorders even further.

No kidding. I got on GZ late, and I'd go for a prem if it was available, but my distro's Premium dance card was full by the time I pulled the trigger. So I'm cool with the Pro. It would be NICE to actually get a game though. Even Pros are being flipped at stupid prices

#1003 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I gotta say...one thing that is really irking me about this whole situation is that distros seem to be on a really short fuse right now.
    Like...okay, great. I get that you're probably getting a bunch of stupid questions, and it's exhausting to deal with. When I email you asking if you can tell me where I'm at on the list for a *pro*, as I'm considering making a drive to buy one, but will wait a month or two if they're actually coming. You tell me that I've only had a deposit in for a month, and it's a year out (which is what you previously told me the wait for a *premium* was, and that you'd put me on the list for a pro as well, and had approx 20 or so in front of me and it shouldn't be too long)...and blast that out to me almost instantly, but then I tell you I'm asking about the pro, and if that gets ignored (Not saying that's the situation currently, I'll allow them a reasonable amount of time to reply).....that's a real good way to piss me off real fast, talking down to me like I'm an idiot after not actually answering the question...
    Frankly, this is going to be the second time I've been completely brushed off by a distro on GZ pro if I don't get a reasonable answer without the BS. I spent about a week talking to a smaller distro and the guy just couldn't ever get his shit together and tell me when he was expecting to have premiums, strung me along that whole time, then told him fine, put me down for a pro since you're expecting to have them in May.....sent him all my info...he *never* responded back with where to send a deposit to.I have absolutely NO issue saying this particular one (not the one above) was Arcade Game Sales of Maryland. That dude is entirely swamped with his work, or incompetent, or BOTH. Based on the fact he couldn't even tell me after days and days of telling me to call back later in the day and he would know for sure what he had, and that he couldn't be arsed to tell me where to send money to...I'm leaning towards incompetence. I won't even attempt to ever use him again after that interaction.
    Frankly, I'm just about at the point where it's almost worth it to me to pay 11.5k for a used Premium just to avoid all this BS. If you don't want to take my ~20k in sales of a Pro *and* a Premium, then just freaking say that up front and stop wasting my time. Spending this much money shouldn't be so damn hard. Is it "worth" an extra 2k to avoid stress, a year wait, and the hassle of trying to turn around a Pro when the premium comes up? Yeah...honestly...it probably is.

I really like Joe and have always had very positive interactions with him - and I will say that I went on a tear in early January trying to find a distributor to get on their list - and none of them really knew what to do or say because (it appears) neither does Stern. I intended to buy through him all along but I was getting nervous about the supply issues.

I am also not sure if he normally does the deposit thing? I've kind of always just gone to pick it up as soon as it shows up. Yeah, this all it sucks. I do think it's worth pointing out that since you're in Texas, and he deals with a lot of face-to-face sales, that might have been a factor. He's got a storefront but it's still a fairly small operation.

#1008 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Again, it's not hard to say "we only do local sales." I've got several other people that have corroborated the experience I had, so it's not just me, but it's not my place to speak for them. Had he just told me "Yep, you're good for May/June/Whatever, here's where to send the money." it would've already been in his hands. His loss....under normal circumstances...but these are far from normal, and I have zero doubts he won't miss my money at all. At least he was totally honest about the premiums, telling me he didn't have any clue when he might get more after he told me his next batch was sold. That's about the only positive I can walk away from the experience with.
    23 days since our last communication where I gave him my info and told him to send me the payment info. Either you want the money or you don't, I'm not going to chase these guys around and beg. I allowed far more than anyone sane would consider "reasonable" for a response. What other people tell me is the same story....no communication for months...calls and emails ignored....etc etc... frankly I feel like he did me a favor at this point.

Craziness

1 week later
    #1244 2 years ago
    Quoted from jid:

Friend of mine getting a GZ premium had to pay for his today. My GZ pro is supposed to be in in the next week or so per my dealer (which is different than his). So these should start showing up soon!

Uh oh. I’ve not heard a peep. Not feeling great

#1259 2 years ago
    Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Feeling pretty grim for people waiting on Godzilla. Haven't heard anything myself, but would have expected a bit more activity if any significant numbers were getting out there.

Exactly my feeling. Should have bought the one at TPF!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.