Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#608 2 years ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

I have yet to see ANY value in the IC

I’ve warmed up to it. Ultimately, one of my favorite aspects of pinball is the social interaction. Achievements give me a little extra sense of connection to my pinball pals. I’ve ordered kits for a few of my games made before they were included.

#611 2 years ago

John Borg put a video on Facebook yesterday of Stern LEs on the line.

I don’t know how to link it.

2 months later
    #2059 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

It has nothing to do with white glove service.
    Ill try to see if you understand. A few of us have a logistics warehouse near stern that ships games for us. If stern calls me today that they have "X" amount of games ready. They want us to pick them up within 24 hours. So often, we send a truck to grab them and take them to the warehouse up there. Then we can have that warehouse be used for us to ship to the customer. In my case, being that im in ilinois. If i know ahead of time and its a decent amount of games, i run and get them. But if it is a small amount of games, i just have them shipped to the warehouse. In other words, i wont spend 300 in fuel to go grab 3 games, but i will for 20.
    Now this is not "free" the distributor has to pay to get them trucked to the warehouse, stern doesnt pay this. Then we have to pay in/out fees plus storage at the warehouse.
    Those that are getting dropped shipped directly from stern are not cheaper per se. The only way that Stern drop ships is if the distributor collects sales tax for the state that the game is shipped to. Now im sure someone will jump in and say that they had a game shipped direct without sales tax, and if thats the case, then the seller is doing something like lying about charging tax. But that is the only way that Stern drop ships
    Other times like this week, im travelling and can not be at my shop to recieve games, so anything made for me this week will go to the Chicago warehouse.

Whoa there cowboy! What is this common sense real life business practice you speak about? This does not fit the Pinside narrative of greedy fat cat distros riding around in Limos lighting cigars with $100 bills.

3 months later
    #3576 1 year ago

In my experience, shipping companies are often judged by the end of the line office near your home/business.
    I’ve got a friendly relationship with the FedEx freight crew locally and they are great. They know well the few pinball collectors in our community and go out of the way to help us. They alert us to box damage etc and are helpful in documenting issues.

5 months later
    #4990 1 year ago

Maybe they could make Foo Fighters Mentos LE.

#5006 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Rush and FF have nothing in common other than FF inducted them into the hall of fame I think (I remember them dressed like 70’s Rush geeking out and giving them some award…). Rush has a far bigger fan base and a much deeper more varied catalog and it was still polarizing… I’d like to try a Jack Danger pin, but I think I’d rather listen to Hole than FF (or Nirvana)

In the Time Stands Still documentary something along the lines of the following was said. “Rush may not be your favorite band, but they are someone in your favorite band’s favorite band”

4 weeks later
    #5468 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Our preorder business model is simple and it works for us.
    I'm very transparent with our customers and very fair.

Absolutely true and I speak from personal experience as a repeat customer. This good decision making comes from experience. Experience comes from bad decision making. (resulting in a an occasional difficult customer taking advantage of you.)

Informing customers of clearly defined sales policies sets the boundaries up front. If they don’t like them, they can easily choose another distributor with different policies.

#5470 1 year ago

Back to the “What is on the line at Stern Pinball” thread. It appears the Bond 60s are shipping out. Hopefully a huge pile of Foo Fighters will ship out to happy customers shortly. I’m looking forward to seeing it a the Texas Pinball Festival.

10 months later
    #7808 89 days ago
    Quoted from Bunzy:

at least I told myself that

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=Nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.