Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,170 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#664 2 years ago

More and more, I am really glad I put in my order through GEX for JP Pro.

With the new JP Dominion trailer having hit 10 Feb, there are going to be some hyped people trying to get one...

3 weeks later
    #801 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

My distributor confirmed that GZ pro will be coming in March. I did not ask about premium
    DP premium scheduled for July/August. He’s not sure how many he will get so he has stopped taking pre orders and I got the sense that he wasn’t sure if all pre orders he took will get fulfilled. Stern has been shipping him less games than expected the last few times.

More and more, glad I canceled my pre-order and bought a used unit. This kind of stuff makes me lose my dog-gone mind (if it was initial runs, no biggie, but being in the third year, I'd be surprised if this wasn't the final year for JP production - PURE SPECULATION on my part).

1 week later
    #965 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hightechaddict:

Plus, I took the price hit for Stern connected, the January 2022 price increase and looks like another rumored price hike in April.

The new rumor is price hike expected in August as that is the anticipated timeline for reveal of the new title this year.

That is PURE SPECULATION.

#1004 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I gotta say...Is it "worth" an extra 2k to avoid stress, a year wait, and the hassle of trying to turn around a Pro when the premium comes up? Yeah...honestly...it probably is.

It is. I bought JP for $6800, and I'm watching this thread saying "glad I did...." almost daily now.

#1034 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Cointaker is still taking 1000 deposits on JP Premium with a delivery date third quarter July, August, September. They must know something we don't.

Yeah, that some people ooze patience here. Kudos to them; I paid MSRP for a used game, and I am happy with my purchase (I'll stop with this trumpet here).

#1170 2 years ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

So I was told back in December I would get my GZ premium in august, but that was before they added the may/July run. When asked if that moves up my arrival date (makes sense to me) my distro still firmly tells me I’ll get it in august. Am I missing something here ? Maybe they cut his allotment down?

Prolly not wanting to go back and forth on dates with you until they KNOW your game is in their inventory.

1 week later
    #1321 2 years ago

Glad to hear people are finally starting to see/hear games headed their way! Here's to hoping everyone gets the games they are expecting in a punctual timeframe!

Ya'll are way more patient than me ...!

1 week later
    #1620 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'll need the Cliffs Notes on that one!

Nah, read the full message. That was awesome and a great laugh!

4 weeks later
    #2184 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I know for a fact this is going on a lot. People are getting 1 then getting another and another from a different distributor they are on lists for. They then immediately flip it for a profit. Welcome to the new world. This is going to start happening with everything from pinball machines to already cars and boats. Anything of value will be hard to get at retail very soon.

People stop buying from flippers, and it will stop. But people can't. Got to have that fix.

Either stop buying or pay the price and contribute to the problem that is the current market.

#2191 1 year ago

Bwhahahaha. Good luck on hoping he spills the beans on THAT one.

#2278 1 year ago
    Quoted from sandro:

For Pete’s sake, why does it matter?! Billygrippo got a deal. One that most of us couldn’t get. Congratulations to him. Let’s move on to something that helps more of us, like is Stern still dealing with water all over the factory floor?

Jealousy is VERY powerful and tends to go hand in hand with being incredulous.

1 week later
    #2604 1 year ago
    Quoted from newovad:

If someone is looking for a DP Premium, looks like my local distro got one in that wasn't spoken for, I guess. Sadly, they posted it at 11k here on Pinside even though their website says it is "Currently Out of Stock". Maybe if you just call the number on their website, they'll sell it to you for the price listed there instead of 11k.

Yeah...um, fuck your distributor.

#2610 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_I:

They are making a lot of Mandos and it may be as simple as having the parts needed to make them and not so much for other games.

Prolly most expensive paperweight I have ever seen in my life.

3 weeks later
    #3004 1 year ago
    Quoted from cbdarden:

I was the lucky winner of Project Pinball’s Premium raffle. I chose a Godzilla Premium and confirmed everything on 5/17/22. Now I’m really curious when it’ll ship. I’ll keep everyone posted!

Can you imagine if you don't get it until the next price hike, they make you pay the difference ...?

"Sorry, it was $8.9K when you won the contest, but it's now a $9.8K game so you owe us $900"

What a kick in the nuts that would be.

#3026 1 year ago

But on the price increase I think it would be HUGE if stern stuck to the same price while JJP made their price increase.

Won't happen. They know people will fork over their money even with a price increase.

2 weeks later
    #3197 1 year ago

Finally received delivery today for my GZ premium! Just want to thank everyone here this thread has helped me keep my sanity and not email my dist 5 times a week LOL!
    This is my first pin and I couldn’t be more excited!
    Ordered from Joystix in Houston early December. Build date was June 17 [quoted image]

Welcome to the madness : ).

2 months later
    #3947 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

So the only way to get the most desirable games is to buy a bundle with an undesirable game? These distros have no shame.

It's done with Stern accessories too.....

#3971 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That would mean a totally new playfield design from Borg. Do you know how much you're asking?

Right???

Put Iron Man, Metallica, and Guardians next to each other. Practically the exact same identical layout - especially Metallica and Guardians. He did great with TWD. That was a solid (very difficult) design!

JP, GZ, AIQ, and Iron Maiden are like 4 absolutely fresh and different layouts. In a world of circular fans, Elwin is a circular saw.

4 months later
    #5433 1 year ago

Did you mean 0.9 Billion?

#5439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Collin:

This dealer needs to be outed

Won't happen as most people are too scared to out anyone for fear of blacklisting.

Never understood that. With 50 authorized dealers to choose from, if thr veracity of his story is true, there are simply "too many choices to excuse poor service" - especially something THAT atrocious

#5540 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Are you serious with the deposit stuff still? The OP asked to stay on topic and to take this discussion to an appropriate thread? I found it semi interesting at first but now it’s like beating a dead horse.

Quoted from desertT1:

Start a new thread already. This thread is for people to see what titles stern is making besides the one they are waiting for.

Yes please, before this thread gets shut down like the "Best of Pinside" Thread cause some people here REALLY struggle here with the "no, I have to be heard and YOU WILL LISTEN" BS.

And yes, I get the irony of me posting.....point is I don't want to see ANOTHER GOOD THREAD taken down because some people cant STFU. At that point, nearly all that's left is Pics of Gamerooms and Game Brought Home Today threads.

1 week later
    #5600 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:for $1000 in your pocket, id take being redundant!

I'd do neither. It's like AMC on TWD. I don't need a logo in 5 different places to know...yes AMC....got it. It is your brand. Same with TMNT. It's right on the translite about 4 inches below the topper.....

2 weeks later
    #5701 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

My (former) distributor made me buy an "overstocked" JP pro in order to get the Zilla Premium they had listed in stock, (would only "bundle" them together) then gave me the shaft when the playfield was shit, and also lied about shipping options/cost.
    Worst customer service I've ever received.
    No wonder they had games in stock...

If they're your "former" distributor, then it should be easy to give us their name. I don't want to buy from them....

#5715 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Any idea when the premiums will be up?

Late April. Give it a month from today and I'd be willing to bet we'll see unboxing pictures.

#5721 1 year ago
    Quoted from chewiec:

Saw on Flip N Out that IM is for Preorder 2024. Did the schedule change for it?[quoted image]

why wait when you can snag one of 14 IM (Pro, Prem, and Le) on Pinside's Marketplace right now?

#5785 1 year ago

We got a fuckload of Pinsiders in the Chicago area. Someone go bum-rush Stern's facility and get us some footage of FF LEs on the line. Sooner those things are done, sooner the Prems are on the line!!!

#5815 1 year ago
    Quoted from Polypin:

It seems like FF is shipping quite fast post reveal compared to past releases, is that a false impression I have?
    Regardless, I feel this is good business for Stern, capitalize on the interest and make players happy.

This was the norm before the random virus from unknown origin .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.